Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,760 of 1762
    Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

B8.5 allroad Info & Resources Megathread

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Direct fit all the mounts are the same. This is from the resonator back. Did have to have an adapter from my resonated apr downpipe to the awe. That is true for any downpipe to awe other than an awe downpipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_ROOSTER View Post
    Direct fit all the mounts are the same. This is from the resonator back. Did have to have an adapter from my resonated apr downpipe to the awe. That is true for any downpipe to awe other than an awe downpipe.

Oh nice, thanks for info!
    2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown, 305 Forged FT108 19x9.5 ET42 w/ PS4S, Bilstein PSS10, Dinan Exhaust
    IG: gusman_s4

Established Member Two Rings plim's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1967.5 Datsun Roadster 1600

Stupid question: how does one know or determine wether or not they have ADS in their all road? I'm looking into getting Bilstein Ride Controls, would having ADS interfere with this new setup?

Some other questions regarding the Bilstein B16 ride controls:
    Will I need adjustable control arms?
    Any special tools you recommend purchasing for DIY?
    I also plan on getting sway bars in the future, better to do all at once or not a big difference in terms of time savings? Aren't sway installs fairly simple? I may be underestimating, correct me if I'm wrong.
    What's the drop on the allroad with the setting all the way up (highest setting, least amount of drop)?
    I'll be running 19x9 5arm rotors with 255/40/19 tire setup, with no spacers, will I have to worry about rubbing? I'm guessing I won't... right?

Thanks!
    2014 Audi Allroad Prestige with Driver Assist and Sport Package (Build thread)

Previous Audis:
    2004 Audi A4 Avant 3.0
    2003 Audi A3 Avant 1.8T

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by plim View Post
    Stupid question: how does one know or determine wether or not they have ADS in their all road? I'm looking into getting Bilstein Ride Controls, would having ADS interfere with this new setup?

Some other questions regarding the Bilstein B16 ride controls:
    Will I need adjustable control arms?
    Any special tools you recommend purchasing for DIY?
    I also plan on getting sway bars in the future, better to do all at once or not a big difference in terms of time savings? Aren't sway installs fairly simple? I may be underestimating, correct me if I'm wrong.
    What's the drop on the allroad with the setting all the way up (highest setting, least amount of drop)?
    I'll be running 19x9 5arm rotors with 255/40/19 tire setup, with no spacers, will I have to worry about rubbing? I'm guessing I won't... right?

Thanks!
    Do you have a Drive Select button just down and to the left of the center vent? If not, you do not have ADS. I believe it was only offered in the later years.

I have the B16 coilovers installed. A shop did the mechanical installation, then I did the wiring and mounted the button.

See my build thread (linked in signature) for ride height pictures. The rear is all the way up and still too low for my tastes. The front is lowered to match and still has lots of adjustment up and down. You can do a spring spacer in the rear to raise the height. People with H&R coilovers used a spring spacer from KW, available in 15mm and 30mm heights. I have not confirmed the Bilsteins have the same spring diameter, but this is on my list of things to do.

Minimal rubbing with RS5 rotors 20x9 ET26, 255/35/20 tires. Slightly more rubbing in the front on hard turns and in the rear with big dips with my winter setup, 20x8.5, forget the offset at the moment, but after spacers they are 5mm further in than the RS5 wheels, same size tires, though they definitely seem wider/chunkier. I would expect with no spacers you won't have any rubbing issues.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JettaGetUpandGo View Post
    Do you have a Drive Select button just down and to the left of the center vent? If not, you do not have ADS. I believe it was only offered in the later years.
    Yea, I have a drive select button. What does the ADS do to the suspension? I thought it only controls steering and more aggressive gearing, does it affect suspension?

I have the B16 coilovers installed. A shop did the mechanical installation, then I did the wiring and mounted the button.

See my build thread (linked in signature) for ride height pictures. The rear is all the way up and still too low for my tastes. The front is lowered to match and still has lots of adjustment up and down. You can do a spring spacer in the rear to raise the height. People with H&R coilovers used a spring spacer from KW, available in 15mm and 30mm heights. I have not confirmed the Bilsteins have the same spring diameter, but this is on my list of things to do.

Minimal rubbing with RS5 rotors 20x9 ET26, 255/35/20 tires. Slightly more rubbing in the front on hard turns and in the rear with big dips with my winter setup, 20x8.5, forget the offset at the moment, but after spacers they are 5mm further in than the RS5 wheels, same size tires, though they definitely seem wider/chunkier. I would expect with no spacers you won't have any rubbing issues.
    Thanks for this info! I'll check out your build thread

Previous Audis:
    2004 Audi A4 Avant 3.0
    2003 Audi A3 Avant 1.8T

Active Member Two Rings Comfy Pursuit's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thereís no suspension manipulation in ADS. Only steering/gearbox. I asked the same question when reviewing Bilsteinís website, where it denotes youíll light up the dash should you install their higher-end configurations. Stoked to see your setup when itís done!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yea, I have a drive select button. What does the ADS do to the suspension? I thought it only controls steering and more aggressive gearing, does it affect suspension?
    It will only affect the suspension damping if equipped with the adjustable suspension from the factory. To the extent of my knowledge, not a single B8.5 allroad came with the adjustable suspension as an option in the United States. Hopefully someone else can confirm.
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I see, thanks, that's what I thought. So there shouldn't be any issues. I'm guessing the notes on the website are related to the S4's that have the actual damping adjustments.

Previous Audis:
    2004 Audi A4 Avant 3.0
    2003 Audi A3 Avant 1.8T

AZ Member #

My guess would be that allroad shocks have more travel than the a4/s4. Therefore the ads shocks are unavailable for allroads

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks, this is exactly what I need. Now I just need to confirm wether or not the spring diameters are the same. Anyone with Bilsteins able to help measure? I tried calling them but they wouldn't help me :/

Previous Audis:
    2004 Audi A4 Avant 3.0
    2003 Audi A3 Avant 1.8T

Senior Member Two Rings skifreak85353's Avatar
    AZ Member #

B8.5 allroad Info & Resources Megathread

Well, took mine in for the aux heater recall and for them to check out the ďnotchyĒ steering, and they are now replacing the rack. Iíve read mixed outcomes of replacing the rack with regards to resolving the notchy steering feeling. Anyone care to chime in with their experience?

2014 Audi Allroad Prem+ Moonlight Blue | 18" stock wheels w/ 15mm and 20mm H+R spacers | 19" S4 Peelers plsati-dipped anthracite w 25mm and 30mm H+R spacers | Stasis RSB | Alu Kreuz | Avant S-Line springs | 20% tint | Vag Com mods|
    2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R-Design
    2013 Subaru WRX Limited (Satin White Pearl) - Gone but not forgotten
    The Instagram the_radifier

Active Member One Ring redbean25's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Mazda CX-5, 1997 GMC Sierra, 2012 Triumph Tiger 800

I occasionally have the notchy steering, but not very repeatable. I just want the clunky shifting from 1-2 and 2-1 fixed. My appointment is next Friday. They'll likely reset the adaptation and send me on my way.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Is there supposed to be anything in the left side stow panel in the cargo area? There's a platform like something should be secured there but I've got nothing.
    2015 Glacier White Metallic allroad P+ w/ extras

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Allthea View Post
    Is there supposed to be anything in the left side stow panel in the cargo area? There's a platform like something should be secured there but I've got nothing.
    That's where the amp would go if you had the B&O stereo.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by skifreak85353 View Post
    Well, took mine in for the aux heater recall and for them to check out the ďnotchyĒ steering, and they are now replacing the rack. Iíve read mixed outcomes of replacing the rack with regards to resolving the notchy steering feeling. Anyone care to chime in with their experience?
    Can you define "notchy"? Is it the little steering kick feature that's supposed to warn you when you should not change lane? Or is it when you turn the wheel on the highway on a long sweeper and then when you release the wheel it stays at an angle?
    2014 B8.5 allroad | Premium Plus | Dakota Grey | 8-speed Tiptronic | Sport Package | B&O | Blog: https://myblueunicorn.com/

Veteran Member Four Rings dropshadow's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Rez4 View Post
    Can you define "notchy"? Is it the little steering kick feature that's supposed to warn you when you should not change lane? Or is it when you turn the wheel on the highway on a long sweeper and then when you release the wheel it stays at an angle?
    Yeah, what you're describing is the notchiness, and no, it's not supposed to feel like that.

AZ Member #

Both. Kicker is mine doesnít have the lane change avoidance ďfeatureĒ.

2014 Audi Allroad Prem+ Moonlight Blue | 18" stock wheels w/ 15mm and 20mm H+R spacers | 19" S4 Peelers plsati-dipped anthracite w 25mm and 30mm H+R spacers | Stasis RSB | Alu Kreuz | Avant S-Line springs | 20% tint | Vag Com mods|

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by redbean25 View Post
    I occasionally have the notchy steering, but not very repeatable. I just want the clunky shifting from 1-2 and 2-1 fixed. My appointment is next Friday. They'll likely reset the adaptation and send me on my way.
    Keep us posted. I also want this resolved on mine but they seem to think all is well on this one.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by redbean25 View Post
    My traction control light comes on from 1-2 shift.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Not active on here but came here to talk about notchy steering. I have a 2013 and have heard about the dreaded notchy steering before I bought my car but never experienced it until the other day on the highway. It was unreasonably hot for wintertime and Iím of the opinion that the steering gets notchy when the tire pressures are not optimal. My winter tire pressures were set correctly at around 15-20 degrees when cold, but it got up to 60 the other day and that was the first time I experienced notchy steering. Back down to 20 today and itís gone. Check your tire pressures and you might find the notchy feeling around neutral steering disappear. Note I tried to get rid of the notchy steering by changing the ads from comfort/dynamic/etc

How annoying is the aux heater recall? I had the software updated, but havenít had the second recall done. How long does it take? Iím annoyed by having turned off the aux heater in the MMI as itís cold out!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hayesman View Post
    Not active on here but came here to talk about notchy steering. I have a 2013 and have heard about the dreaded notchy steering before I bought my car but never experienced it until the other day on the highway. It was unreasonably hot for wintertime and Iím of the opinion that the steering gets notchy when the tire pressures are not optimal. My winter tire pressures were set correctly at around 15-20 degrees when cold, but it got up to 60 the other day and that was the first time I experienced notchy steering. Back down to 20 today and itís gone. Check your tire pressures and you might find the notchy feeling around neutral steering disappear. Note I tried to get rid of the notchy steering by changing the ads from comfort/dynamic/etc

How annoying is the aux heater recall? I had the software updated, but havenít had the second recall done. How long does it take? Iím annoyed by having turned off the aux heater in the MMI as itís cold out!

I believe it takes about a day, theres a thread dedicated to the topic, good info there: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Heater-Recall

Previous Audis:
    2004 Audi A4 Avant 3.0
    2003 Audi A3 Avant 1.8T

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I believe it takes about a day, theres a thread dedicated to the topic, good info there: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Heater-Recall
    I had the second recall done a week or two ago (it's been a blur). Mine was done in just under two hours while I waited. I didn't really notice a difference in initial heat output, but I never paid attention too closely before. Post recall I can feel warmth from the vents within a minute or two, then 4-5 minutes before the fan speed ramps up and blows a significant amount of heat (set to 75 degrees and Auto with -5F to +5F degree ambient temp.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Allroad Premium Plus (OEM+ Build Thread)
    Summer/Fun Car: 2005 Jetta GLI (OEM+ Build Thread)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Hayesman View Post

Good points. Iíll keep that in mind. Would be crrrazy if thatís the issue and Audi is out there swapping steering racks.

Established Member Three Rings G_Wagon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good points. Iíll keep that in mind. Would be crrrazy if thatís the issue and Audi is out there swapping steering racks.
    Audi has been know to do all kinds of stuff like this...
    Much easier to replace parts than actually diagnose a problem

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_ROOSTER View Post
    My traction control light comes on from 1-2 shift.

I do get that rough shift as well but usually gets better as the car warms up.

I do have either rough shifts or some kind of fuel cut - I have owned a tuned mk5 gti and i know fuel cuts all to well

Sometimes when I go wide open throttle there is some sort of quick pause/jerk when it tries to downshift. I will usually just let off then continue on.

On APR running e85 daily.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 Subaru LGT (HTA71)

Quote Originally Posted by dropshadow View Post
    That's where the amp would go if you had the B&O stereo.
    Thanks
    2015 Glacier White Metallic allroad P+ w/ extras

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by f_399 View Post
    I do get that rough shift as well but usually gets better as the car warms up.

I do have either rough shifts or some kind of fuel cut - I have owned a tuned mk5 gti and i know fuel cuts all to well

Sometimes when I go wide open throttle there is some sort of quick pause/jerk when it tries to downshift. I will usually just let off then continue on.

On APR running e85 daily.
    Mine is from tires spinning haha

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

New here and Iím pretty sure that Iíve read every post in this Mega Thread. I recently moved from an 15 A4 to picking up a loaded 14 Allroad. Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to compile so much info into one place. Now to dump a ridiculous amount of $$$ into this car!

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BMC2U View Post
    New here and Iím pretty sure that Iíve read every post in this Mega Thread. I recently moved from an 15 A4 to picking up a loaded 14 Allroad. Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to compile so much info into one place. Now to dump a ridiculous amount of $$$ into this car!
    Welcome to the mega thread and to allroad ownership! Where in Norcal are you located?

AZ Member #

Welcome to the mega thread and to allroad ownership! Where in Norcal are you located?
    Iím up in Placerville, on the way to Tahoe.

AZ Member #

Iíd post a photo but canít figure out how via mobile.

Senior Member Two Rings Teslatim's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    15' allroad. 14' tdi sport wagon. 14' Volvo x60

Well when your ready for a set of CH-Rs let me know .... still available.
    Congrats. Itís a great wagon.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Very nice! Ever go to Kirkwood?

Iíd post a photo but canít figure out how via mobile.
    You need to upload your photos to an image hosting service that allows third party linking. I used to use photobucket until they pulled every image and held them hostage for ransom. I hear if you use Tapatalk for mobile it has built in hosting and linking functionality.

Senior Member Four Rings Gusman1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 Audi S4, 2014 Audi Allroad, 2011 Mustang GT Sold: 2004 VW Jetta GLI, 2015 VW GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Teslatim View Post

Curious, how much are asking?
    2015 Audi S4: Ibis White, Black/Chestnut Brown, 305 Forged FT108 19x9.5 ET42 w/ PS4S, Bilstein PSS10, Dinan Exhaust
    IG: gusman_s4

Senior Member Two Rings Teslatim's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    15' allroad. 14' tdi sport wagon. 14' Volvo x60

Quote Originally Posted by Gusman1 View Post
    Curious, how much are asking?
    Tires are for free. I have no desire to take them off or incur the cost of doing so. Iíd like $2100 for all 5.
    1 has some rash but 4 are pretty mint. Tires that are mounted are Pzeros 275/30/20. Rims are 20x10.5 et 25. Text me for more pics 6503916193. If you are interested...Probably easier if you set up shipping because of the prior outcry here for what I had a quote for.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Teslatim View Post

Palo Alto is where I had to go to get my Allroad. Long drive but worth it!

AZ Member #

Rez4, never been to KW. We just moved up here last year from SoCal. Havenít had a lot of time to really explore.
    Thanks for the image posting info.

AZ Member #

Curious if anyone has wrapped their fender flares? Or is there a paint method that is better?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Rez4, never been to KW. We just moved up here last year from SoCal. Havenít had a lot of time to really explore.
    Thanks for the image posting info.
    Cool. Welcome to NorCal. If you ever hit up KW, PM me, we can try to meet up and grab a beer after a few runs.

AZ Member #

Curious if anyone has wrapped their fender flares? Or is there a paint method that is better?
    I think the thule guy wrapped his matte black.