Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Active Member Two Rings kjeeper10's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    New to me 07, i get a small cluck from rear over larger bumps. Sounds like its higher up, meaning not suspension related. I did notice with both shocks the bump stops are totally gone. Doubt thats it but replacing them anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jrsAudiA6 View Post
    I started experiencing a noise from my right rear suspension. It appeared to becoming from the top of the shock absorber. When I checked for any play in the top mount for the shock absorber I found none. Recently I decided to replace the top mount to see if it would eliminate the noise. Once I replaced it the noise is no longer present. the top mount has a bearing inside that apparently will wear and start making noise when ever going bumps, particularly sharp bumps. Anyway replacing it solved my issue.
    Awesome thanks

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Audi S6, 2018 Q7 Prestige

I have this too in my 16 with 15k on the clock.

AZ Member #

Found this part to be cracked and banging around. Not even sure what this is called Surrounds the exhaust tips?

AZ Member #

Rear suspension noise?

Yep that is what it was .. shoved a rolled up rag up in between the metal and plastic cover.

Edit: the cracked part is the valance bracket. Looks like it took a hit at one time.
    Over bumps it was rattling around and making the noise i was hearing.

Last edited by kjeeper10; 12-19-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I had a similar issue with my S4. The bumpstops weren't pushed into the shock tower housings. Snugged them in and never heard it again.

maybe take a look at that.
    2017 Wrangler Sahara
    2015 RS7...stock + Akrapovic
    2009 Nissan GTR....1100whp
    2007 Porsche 911 Turbo...Bolt On's

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

My last post was March 2017 when I had rear spring seats and guards replaced and it appeared that it had solved the issue. But it happened to also coincide with weather getting warmer.

So now with the weather colder again (all the way down to 0F), the noise is back. Safe to say replacing rear spring seats and guards did not fix the issue.

Anyone else has any new info on this?

Veteran Member Four Rings Kevin1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Check the sway bar bushings. That was the cause on both my C6 and C7.
    1 of 1 in the United States 2015 A6 TDI Prestige with 19" Sports Package and Season Dedicated Tires - Oolong Gray Metalic, Nougat Brown Interior, Dark Brown Walnut Inlays, Black Headliner, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Night Vision Assistant with Pedestrian Detection. Summer - Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Winter - Yokohama Bluearth Winter V905. Eurocode Sway Bars and Links. XPEL Ultimate.

RIP - 2005 A6 4.2 - (February 2005 - August 2014) (142,000 miles)

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1 View Post
    Check the sway bar bushings. That was the cause on both my C6 and C7.
    Assuming rear? Have been considering adding some aftermarket sway bars. Will make sure to also include bushings to address this.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Maybe I got this confused with another thread but I thought I read in this thread last week that someone posted information about an updated part (lower control arm?) with a solid bushing type? But I can't seem to find that information anywhere...I have a service appt tomorrow to try and get this noise addressed. So far it seems that the consensus to the rear rubble/noise is that the resolution is replacement of the rear strut mount recommended by TSB's 2029953/2, 2029953/3 and 2029953/5
    -Justin-
    13 S6::Quartz Grey Metallic (Stock, for now)
    01 S4::Santorin::6 speed::AMS ECU::Eibach Pro-Street S CO's::AWE Twin2::ASP TSB::ToyGuy SS::

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nobodeuno View Post
    Maybe I got this confused with another thread but I thought I read in this thread last week that someone posted information about an updated part (lower control arm?) with a solid bushing type? But I can't seem to find that information anywhere...I have a service appt tomorrow to try and get this noise addressed. So far it seems that the consensus to the rear rubble/noise is that the resolution is replacement of the rear strut mount recommended by TSB's 2029953/2, 2029953/3 and 2029953/5
    Was this the thread? http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...stock-endlinks

Interesting enough, after doing the spring seats and guards replacement, I did find that TSB listed and had the shop replace the Rear Upper Shock Mounts with info found in this thread:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...noise-2847867/

This was done around march of last year. Since the noise is back this season, that fix appears to be (at least in my case) ineffective.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Yea thatís it! Thanks for a link. I wonder if this might help?

Darn I was hoping that TSB and new would fix the problem...it drives me crazy!
    -Justin-
    01 S4::Santorin::6 speed::AMS ECU::Eibach Pro-Street S CO's::AWE Twin2::ASP TSB::ToyGuy SS::

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nobodeuno View Post
    Yea thatís it! Thanks for a link. I wonder if this might help?

Darn I was hoping that TSB and new would fix the problem...it drives me crazy!
    I had it done at an independent shop and not 100% sure if they did it right. All my research points to that TSB being the fix, so I was thinking of giving it another shot at the dealer. It's worth a try, the parts are not that pricey if car is out of warranty.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I was just quoted $1200 by the dealer to do this...trying to get it covered since I was in under factory warranty and they couldn't figure it out. I am CPO but apparently it isn't covered by CPO. I'll let you know what I find out and if it fixes my problem
    -Justin-