Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Four Rings AudiS4B8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    How can we get this thing stickied?
    Mickey

2017 Nardo Grey S6; EPL Stage 2, AMS Downpipes; AMS Cooling System; Neidfaktor Carbon Mirrors; Nardo Front Rings; Cete Lowering Module; Alu Kreuz; Eurocode Sways and Endlinks; Full Suntek PPF

- Stock figures: 12.24 @ 111.8mph; DA +1545; 13mph headwind; 327awhp/335awtq
    - Stage 1: 390awhp/494awtq
    - Instagram: ze_nardo6

Veteran Member Four Rings jran76's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 and 2002 Audi S4
    Items for Sale

Edit: ADDED THE BELOW TO THE OP

Just a quick update on the new version of VCDS (15.7.4). Several people have reported very low resolution when logging 10 parameters with Grouping/Turbo enabled. In my case, I was only getting a couple lines of data on an entire 1/4-mile pass.

Another member changed some settings as recommended by Ross-Tech, and it seemed to help. I've posted the changes he made below. If you are having issues with 15.7.4, you may want to try these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by xpoweruk View Post

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/faq_4.php#4.8
    http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/tou...on_screen.html

I changed the parameters as per the Ross tech link above

Blk Int affects the protocol timing. The current default value is 55. To get the highest sample rate possible in the Measuring Blocks screen, set this to 25. Note, however, that this may cause unreliable communications with some controllers.

Char lnt also affects the protocol timing. The current default value is 1. To get the highest sample rate possible in the Measuring Blocks screen, set this to 0. Note, however, that this may cause unreliable communications with some controllers.
    2012 S4 : Ibis White : Black Nappa : S-tronic : Sports Diff : MMI Nav : B&O : APR Stage II+ : AWE Exhaust : Alpha Coolant System : ECS Intake : AP Racing RadiCal BBK : H&R OE Springs : Bilstein B8 Sport Shocks : Hotchkis Sway Bars : EuroCode Endlinks/AluKreuz : 034 Trans/Diff Mounts : CR-15 Strut Brace : BC Forged HB04 Wheels : Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires : EuroGear CF Diffuser : Osir CF Fog Light Grilles : RS5 Pedals : Black Optics Grille

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 and 2002 Audi S4
    Items for Sale

B8.5 Fields Updated

Group #: Field

Group 2: Accelerator position (%)
    Group 11: Charge air pressure specified value (hPa)
    Group 24: Engine speed (rpm)
    Group 134: Air mass (kg/h)
    Group 226: Ignition angle; actual (degrees)
    Group 228: Intake air temperature (in degrees C)
    Group 230: Intake manifold pressure; absolute (hPa)
    Group 480-485: IGA_AD_1_KNK_x (knock correction in degrees; x is cylinder number 0-5)
    Group 616: RFP_AV (bypass valve %)
    2012 S4 : Ibis White : Black Nappa : S-tronic : Sports Diff : MMI Nav : B&O : APR Stage II+ : AWE Exhaust : Alpha Coolant System : ECS Intake : AP Racing RadiCal BBK : H&R OE Springs : Bilstein B8 Sport Shocks : Hotchkis Sway Bars : EuroCode Endlinks/AluKreuz : 034 Trans/Diff Mounts : CR-15 Strut Brace : BC Forged HB04 Wheels : Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires : EuroGear CF Diffuser : Osir CF Fog Light Grilles : RS5 Pedals : Black Optics Grille

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jran76 View Post
    B8.5 Fields Updated

Group #: Field

Group 2: Accelerator position (%)
    Group 11: Charge air pressure specified value (hPa)
    Group 24: Engine speed (rpm)
    Group 134: Air mass (kg/h)
    Group 226: Ignition angle; actual (degrees)
    Group 228: Intake air temperature (in degrees C)
    Group 230: Intake manifold pressure; absolute (hPa)
    Group 480-485: IGA_AD_1_KNK_x (knock correction in degrees; x is cylinder number 0-5)
    Group 616: RFP_AV (bypass valve %)
    Thanks jran, I was attempting to log the other day and noticed they changed the selection numbers. I'll go back and verify whether or not I chose the right ones.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 and 2002 Audi S4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by colby7 View Post
    Thanks jran, I was attempting to log the other day and noticed they changed the selection numbers. I'll go back and verify whether or not I chose the right ones.
    The B8.5 is very different than the B8, and they change constantly. Definitely go by the name as opposed to the group number if you can.

If anyone finds different group numbers, let me know, and I'll update the post. I'm pretty sure these are up to date through version 15.7.4.

Senior Member Three Rings Mat@1975's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The B8.5 is very different than the B8, and they change constantly. Definitely go by the name as opposed to the group number if you can.

If anyone finds different group numbers, let me know, and I'll update the post. I'm pretty sure these are up to date through version 15.7.4.
    Hi jran76,

Even for the B8.5, the codes Could vary.
    I had à software révision during audi maintenance (551B to 551D) and I had to re do all my .a01 files as all codes changed.

Another thing: I was re reading your original post as I do often and Something got me à question: you advise to start logging with no fault codes. And if some are présent you advise to reset them before logging. My question is: is it optimal to reset fault codes thus reset adaptations Just before logging ? How stabilised adaptations or not affect logging ?

Thanks again for all this stuff that should be sticked.

Cheers

Mat

Envoyé de mon SM-G850F en utilisant Tapatalk
    S4 B8.5 AVANT | S-Tronic | Full ADS | Sport Diff | Glacier White
    MRC Stage 2 Tune | MRC TCU Tune | AMS/Alpha Cooler| AWE + AFE filter intake with airbox hole
    KW HAS Springs | H&R Sway bar F&R | Custom 14 mm Front and (13 R / 16 L) mm Rear Spacers | CR-15 Strut Brace
    OEM Rotors | Michelin PSS 255/35/19
    Q5 calipers | Goodridge SS Lines | 2-pieces Girodisc Rotors Front & Rear

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 and 2002 Audi S4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Mat@1975 View Post
    Hi jran76,

Even for the B8.5, the codes Could vary.
    I had à software révision during audi maintenance (551B to 551D) and I had to re do all my .a01 files as all codes changed.

Another thing: I was re reading your original post as I do often and Something got me à question: you advise to start logging with no fault codes. And if some are présent you advise to reset them before logging. My question is: is it optimal to reset fault codes thus reset adaptations Just before logging ? How stabilised adaptations or not affect logging ?

Thanks again for all this stuff that should be sticked.

Cheers

Mat

Envoyé de mon SM-G850F en utilisant Tapatalk
    Good points Mat. Different ECU revisions and box codes seem to vary quite a bit. As I mentioned, it's best to go off of the field names as opposed to numbers (probably not easy in regions where English is not used-- your logs had very different field names for example).

In regards to clearing codes, I would not if you are trying to log adaptations or look specifically at what is happening when a code occurs. At the same time, if you are logging strictly for performance, some codes can definitively effect the overall performance of the car if they are not cleared. So, you'd just have to make th call based on what data you are really trying to log for.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Is there any info on the thresholds and where our cars should be when Long term adaptation, Knock Sensor voltage, and injector pulse width? The Timing,boost, temp numbers it seems many have a great understanding on,but I searched and cant find anything on the none default parameters folks run.
    2016 Q5 3.0T GIAC Stage 2, a bunch of external, internal, and VAGCOM mods.

Veteran Member Four Rings S-Fore's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I don't have an answer for you, but wanted to ask about the Q6 that you have listed in your signature....

Quote Originally Posted by Q5OnTheMove View Post
    Is there any info on the thresholds and where our cars should be when Long term adaptation, Knock Sensor voltage, and injector pulse width? The Timing,boost, temp numbers it seems many have a great understanding on,but I searched and cant find anything on the none default parameters folks run.

Established Member Four Rings whiped's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Create a thread and provide your data.

Others will do the same. Sharing is caring and knowledge is power

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by whiped View Post
    Create a thread and provide your data.

Others will do the same. Sharing is caring and knowledge is power
    Did so, http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ane-Shell-fuel

Just curious on if folks in this thread had the info.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by S-Fore View Post
    I don't have an answer for you, but wanted to ask about the Q6 that you have listed in your signature....

Lol, signature fixed
    Last edited by Q5OnTheMove; 10-24-2016 at 11:29 AM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 and 2002 Audi S4
    Items for Sale

I'm not sure on knock sensor voltage. but I'll try to find out....

For long-term adaptation, I'm not sure that there is a threshold per se. The general consensus is that under 10% is good in terms of the fuel system keeping up with demands and the tuning being on-point for the fuel being used. Several people have said that anything over 25% is a sign the ECU is not able to keep up with demands, and can lead to problems. I don't know that that is completely confirmed, but probably a good rule of thumb. You also need to take short-term adaptations into account at the same time as really those two work together in real time.

Pulse widths will vary greatly depending on the fuel and demand (load, power levels, etc.). Again, I don't know that there is a threshold, but more of a range. Just as an example, my stage 2 car maxes out in the 6.2ms range, and a dual pulley/E85 seems to max out in the 7.8ms range which is the highest I've seen.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 and 2002 Audi S4
    Items for Sale

Unrelated, but the new version of VCDS has very different fields. Probably the biggest recent change, but it does seem to work better.... I'll update the info this week, and add the logging for 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E350 4Matic; Camaro SS; e30 BMW, Toyota FJ

Knock voltages are not useful to monitor with VCDS. The sampling rate is not fast enough to catch what is going on with knock voltages (comparing noise to instantaneous spikes). High knock voltages that you see on VCDS do not necessarily indicate knock at all. It can be just more "noise" whereas lower knock voltages could be seen in a car that is knocking but VCDS may not be able to see the small spikes that are read as knock. For this reason, you just want to monitor selective cylinder knock retards. Knock retard is based on one variable... knock sensor data. Thats it. Ignition timing is based on multiple data/maps but not knock retard or the IKC system. Short story: monitor knock retard, not knock voltages.

Mike
    2013 Audi S5 DSG
    Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 189mm/57mm, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake, ST60 380mm BBK
    11.482 at 118.70mph - 97 octane - +465DA
    11.605 at 118.76mph - 93 octane - +544DA
    Gone:
    2016 A6 -- 2015 S4 -- 2009 A4 -- 2004 S4 -- 2006 A4 -- 2003 A4 -- 2000 A4

AZ Member #

I'm not sure on knock sensor voltage. but I'll try to find out....

For long-term adaptation, I'm not sure that there is a threshold per se. The general consensus is that under 10% is good in terms of the fuel system keeping up with demands and the tuning being on-point for the fuel being used. Several people have said that anything over 25% is a sign the ECU is not able to keep up with demands, and can lead to problems. I don't know that that is completely confirmed, but probably a good rule of thumb. You also need to take short-term adaptations into account at the same time as really those two work together in real time.

Pulse widths will vary greatly depending on the fuel and demand (load, power levels, etc.). Again, I don't know that there is a threshold, but more of a range. Just as an example, my stage 2 car maxes out in the 6.2ms range, and a dual pulley/E85 seems to max out in the 7.8ms range which is the highest I've seen.
    JRan,

Super helpful, thanks!

I'm seeing slightly less then 6ms when using 3 gallons E85 with 16.8 gallons 93 octance (in essence E21 per this calculator online).

Based on your statement, it seems that ~7.8 is possible with our fuel system. Hence we should be able to up our Ethanol amount in our gas based on your info.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bhvrdr View Post
    Knock voltages are not useful to monitor with VCDS. The sampling rate is not fast enough to catch what is going on with knock voltages (comparing noise to instantaneous spikes). High knock voltages that you see on VCDS do not necessarily indicate knock at all. It can be just more "noise" whereas lower knock voltages could be seen in a car that is knocking but VCDS may not be able to see the small spikes that are read as knock. For this reason, you just want to monitor selective cylinder knock retards. Knock retard is based on one variable... knock sensor data. Thats it. Ignition timing is based on multiple data/maps but not knock retard or the IKC system. Short story: monitor knock retard, not knock voltages.

Mike
    Thanks Mike.

Will check out my other parameters to make sure there in check as i just threw a code for Low Fuel Pressure and this will help diagnose the issue. Once my 93 Octane tune is in check, i'll move up to logging my race file.

018 - Engine speed (in RPM)
    87- Rail pressure actual
    170- Rail pressure specified
    22- Fuel pressure
    187- Fuel pump, actual fuel pressure
    238- Lambda probes actual; bank1 0.9971
    246- Lambda probes specified; bank1 0.9971
    609- TI_1_HOM[0]
    610- TI_1_HOM[3]

Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E350 4Matic; Camaro SS; e30 BMW, Toyota FJ

There is another logs thread about posting datalogs in one place but the OP of it doesnt seem to post anymore so I'll throw some up here if anyone finds this interesting. I know jran checks in every once in awhile.

This one is on open loop versus closed loop fueling. I did some atypical logs the other day. Instead of WOT performance logs, I did some varying load logs to specifically show how our open versus closed loop control strategy works. Below is a log that shows some varying loads from accelerating at around 75% load to just coasting, to light throttle to maintain speed, to engine braking and even some idling.

Basically if the car is under any load at all it is in closed loop operation but it does quickly shift over to open loop when you lift off throttle (remove load). Nothing earth shattering but thought some would find it interesting...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...UZEWUZuNjlTRGs

Mike
    2013 Audi S5 DSG
    Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 189mm/57mm, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake, ST60 380mm BBK
    11.482 at 118.70mph - 97 octane - +465DA
    11.605 at 118.76mph - 93 octane - +544DA
    Gone:
    2016 A6 -- 2015 S4 -- 2009 A4 -- 2004 S4 -- 2006 A4 -- 2003 A4 -- 2000 A4

Veteran Member Four Rings 4Rings3Liters's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What is the cheapest way to log? I see cables range from $25 to $300.

Senior Member Four Rings 14S4GWM's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 4Rings3Liters View Post
    What is the cheapest way to log? I see cables range from $25 to $300.
    Get a legit ross tech cable and have at it. You won't find a real cable for 25, they range from 200-300 used on here. The newest version cable just came out on ross tech website, the everyone is using now is discontinued.
    2014 S4 P+ Glacier White DSG
    Black Optic/ B&O/ Sports Diff/ Carbon Atlas/ V1/ P3/ Carista/ ECS CF Intake/ ECS CF Diffuser/ Bilstein B8/ H&R OE Springs/ H&R 10-12mm Spacers
    C-Quartz/ Suntek PPF/ AWE Touring 102/ 034 X-Brace & Inserts/ Eurocode Sways/ Akebono Pads/ CR-15/ VLED VX3 LED Fogs

AZ Member #

Specific Logging for E85 blend

Hi there !

Back in this very good thread.
    My question is aimed at "E85 blend" logging in order to really understand what has to be looked at in order to find the max allowable quantity of E85.

I understood that i have to look at specified vs. effective lambda and check if the effective stays Under/equal to specified. (only one bank is necessary , right ?)

But does long term fuel trims can also be used in this goal ? (LTFT during WOT, right ?) . I don't know if there is a known value not to be exceeded ?

What about short term fuel trims ?

Another little question : fuel trims have only sense while WOT, right ? (as it's an open loop phase ?)

Thanks in advance !!!

BR

Mat

Edit: of course, my goal is to increase the E85 quantity until i see 0 timing correction. beyond that i think i will not make sense.
    MRC Stage 2 Tune | MRC TCU Tune | AMS/Alpha Cooler| AWE + AFE filter intake with airbox hole
    KW HAS Springs | H&R Sway bar F&R | Custom 14 mm Front and (13 R / 16 L) mm Rear Spacers | CR-15 Strut Brace

AZ Member #

You'll want to log both banks periodically.

Currently, my second bank runs leaner than my first.

Open loop is important in terms of figuring out what the ceiling of the pump is.

You'll want to monitor LTFT though as if those aren't correct or too high you will throw codes on startup. (Sound familiar? )

You can practice your Stoich skills to figure out roughly what the correction to your trims should be for a given mixture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind of related, if you run a CW and blend E85 be careful as that odd partial throttle feeling you get sometimes effects the fueling and can cause you to misfire.
    Geoff
    '13 S4 - Glacier White | DSG | 034 Stage 2+ | 3.31 PR | AEM W/M | ...
    1/4 on E40: 11.374 @ 119.90 | 034 Featured User

AZ Member #

VCDS 17.1.3

Hello Friends !

I have just updated to version 17.1.3 of VCDS and i think i was a mistake ...

For this, i had to do a hardware update of the cable (1.94--> 1.96)

When i tried to log parameters, i noticed that i couldn't log more than 5 now ! (instead of 10 with the 15.7.1 version with a good sampling rate)

I tried to go back to v 15.7.1 as i kept the installer for that version but i can't connect anymore to the car now, because of the hardware version of the cable beeing incompatible with the old 17.1.3 version...

What do you think i should do now ?? Only 5 parameters at a time is a PITA !!

Thanks in advance,

Mat

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Audi S5, '15 BMW 528i

I would not compare spec/actual lambda, it will normally just say .900x for the spec lambda. What I would do is log your cars actual lambda on 93 pump (or your choice of fuel), and then start blending to see comparable actual lambda. The lambda values should be +/- .01 from each other to what I would feel comfortable with with mixing, however deviating .02 +/- may not be too bad, just out of my comfort zone.
    -Loe- ('14 Audi S5 S-tronic )
    [10.976@124.86mph | +498 ft. D/A | 3.110 PR ]
    [11.066@123.03mph | +1953 ft. D/A | 3.249 PR ]
    [11.200@122.66mph | +2452 ft. D/A | 3.371 PR ]
    Technical discussions? JOIN ME!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Loe View Post
    I would not compare spec/actual lambda, it will normally just say .900x for the spec lambda. What I would do is log your cars actual lambda on 93 pump (or your choice of fuel), and then start blending to see comparable actual lambda. The lambda values should be +/- .01 from each other to what I would feel comfortable with with mixing, however deviating .02 +/- may not be too bad, just out of my comfort zone.
    thanks Loe !

What are your LTFT values with your E37.7 blend ?

Do you have VCDS 17.1.3 now ? troubles with logging more than 5 values? I find it weird, personnaly...

See you !

Mat

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Audi S5, '15 BMW 528i

Yeah, v17.1.3 is not working very well for me. If I log more than 5 value's, the turbo function seems to not work even though it's pressed as an option, same with a few logs my friend sent me on his APR-DP setup. The last file versions I could log 9 fields reliably.

My LTFT are normally 0% +/- 1% every so often, but I do have an Autotech HPFP + GIAC's supplemental fuel pump. STFT are normally -5 to -7% once the supplemental fuel pump activates.

Before any of the fuel upgrades, I would see LTFT still around 0%, and STFT are 7-10% depending (don't quote me on the exact #'s though, I'd have do dig through hundreds of logs )
    -Loe- ('14 Audi S5 S-tronic )
    [10.976@124.86mph | +498 ft. D/A | 3.110 PR ]
    [11.066@123.03mph | +1953 ft. D/A | 3.249 PR ]
    [11.200@122.66mph | +2452 ft. D/A | 3.371 PR ]
    Technical discussions? JOIN ME!

AZ Member #

My ltfts are usually ~+15%

I'd consider this to be about the ceiling of the stock pump. HPFP will be my next upgrade probably.

I usually log lambda to monitor my fueling. Like Loe anything +/- 0.01 is fine in my books.

AZ Member #

Thanks fellows !

Mat

AZ Member #

Tried my first log today, everything per the original post. Seemed too be working, but when I open the log file, only the parameters are there, no values. I did three back to back pulls.
    2013 Lava Grey S4 S-Tronic
    Injen, EPL DP (3.2 ratio) +TCU, Magnaflow Catback Back to Stock, PLM HX

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 MDX Advance pkg, a workbench
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by whiped View Post
    My ltfts are usually ~+15%

I'd consider this to be about the ceiling of the stock pump. HPFP will be my next upgrade probably.

I usually log lambda to monitor my fueling. Like Loe anything +/- 0.01 is fine in my books.
    Wait, are you running a blend? LTFT should not be that high
    -------
    2013 S4 6mt phantom black, alcantara, carbon fiber, Sport diff, B&O
    Engine: USP intake, EPL dual pulley e85 (57/189), JHM stg IV clutch, DIY cooling system upgrade
    Suspension: Eurocode sways, moog endlinks, CR-15 Brace, Bilstein B16 ridecontrol coilovers, SPC adj control arms
    Wheels: VMR V710FF 19X9.5, Michelin PSS, Blizzaks on peelers
    Misc: Full tint, LED interior lights, custom painted S4 seat logos (ie. made wife paint them), Hardwired Valentine 1, upgraded sub/amp

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Hofahome View Post
    Wait, are you running a blend? LTFT should not be that high
    E35 with the ported TB. This is about the ceiling on my car.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    Tried my first log today, everything per the original post. Seemed too be working, but when I open the log file, only the parameters are there, no values. I did three back to back pulls.
    Anyone?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by cjw View Post
    Anyone?
    Did you press start after pressing the log button? I just got my VCDS cable a week ago and almost missed this step when logging

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings Andrew Lane's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 Acura MDX, 2014 Audi S4, 2010 Ram 1500 Laramie, 2009 SRT8 Challenger

Great post! I just installed my EPL Stage 2 tune and was thinking about trying to figure out how to do data logging. I got the cable and VCDS software from Ross-Tech a few months ago, but haven't played around with it too much yet... This will come in very handy! I added it to my bookmarks, but agree that it should be made a sticky!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 and 2002 Audi S4
    Items for Sale

I've heard of that happening, but I don't have a real solution. Could be something funky with it not really starting, or maybe too many parameters. I'd start by backing off to one or two parameters to see if it works, and then bump up from there if that's it. Several people have reported the latest version only allows 5-6 parameters with grouping/turbo, and if you go over that, you'll end up with an empty log....

AZ Member #

Yep. Three times. There was a file created with the right parameters in a CSV format, just nothing in the columns under those parameters.
    2013 Lava Grey S4 S-Tronic
    Injen, EPL DP (3.2 ratio) +TCU, Magnaflow Catback Back to Stock, PLM HX

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 and 2002 Audi S4
    Items for Sale

Like I said, just do a quick log sitting in your driveway with a couple parameters to see if it works like that. If it does, add some additional parameters and/or turbo and grouping to see where the problem starts. Typically, the values displayed on the screen will go to N/A once it gets to the point of too many, and you'll end up with a blank log like that.

AZ Member #

Awesome, will try. Thanks.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    66 Shelby Cobra

I am running 'group UDS' and 'turbo' in my data logs and once in awhile see a few second gaps when I'm trying to log data.

Anyone else ever ran into this? It always happens in the middle of a pull. I have verified my cable connection is good.
    2012 S4 - EPL Stage 2 DP and TCU Tune, EPL 57.6, FD 187, APR CPS (Latest design), CTS Intake, AWE Touring Exhaust, 93/e85

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AdamInKC View Post
    I am running 'group UDS' and 'turbo' in my data logs and once in awhile see a few second gaps when I'm trying to log data.

Anyone else ever ran into this? It always happens in the middle of a pull. I have verified my cable connection is good.
    This happens to me too and it's very frustrating. I'm running the latest version of VCDS

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 and 2002 Audi S4
    Items for Sale

I have not seen gaps that large so the only real suggestion I have it to try and scale back the number of parameters and see if that helps (or maybe try the comm settings mentioned at the end of the first post). I am not running the latest version, but I'll probably update to it soon. Once I do, I'll play around with it and report what I find, and I'll also update any fields. If there is a 2013+ in the DFW area that wants to do some logging, I'll update the B8.5 fields too. This thread is definitely due for some updates.