Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

New car prep, 2014 S4; Phantom Black Pearl/Black Optics

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi guys,

New to the forum, 2014 S4 Phantom Black Pearl/Black Optics... I'd post pics, but NC just got snow and the car is looking a little salty!

How do I keep my new baby pristine?!

I do have *some* detailing background (high school 10 years ago). I've already washed/clay bar/wax, however the matte finish on the wheels throws me for keeping them protected from horrible dust...

I'm also considering doing a ONRWW solution for in-between's during the winter, and finally getting a grit-guard for my bucket - I had been doing a 2 bucket method without one, but have never owned a black car before.

Also - any tips for the front grill, keeping it looking nice and new would be tremendous.

Thanks!

Established Member Four Rings b8audis4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Ok so keeping it pristine. Use Adams car wash shampoo a uber wool wash mit and 2 buckets with 2 grit guards. You can get it all from detailers domain. For the front grill use a boars hair brush.
    2011 Audi S4 - Ibis - Magma - Premium Plus - XPEL - STIR PLUS - Laser Interceptor Quad - AWE Resonated Exhaust - Ecodes - Alu Kruez -

Contact me if you have questions on detailing or Radar Laser.

F*** paint. Let's just buy corvettes so it's plastic. E39source

Ecodes are the ultimate symbol of human status and worth. i'm perturbed by the fact that you were not aware of this. GSS5

Senior Member Three Rings will13k7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

armorall wheel protectant to prevent brake dust buildup. Seems to be a favorite around AZ and folks say it works better than others. Its a night and day difference when using it.

Established Member Four Rings b8audis4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by will13k7 View Post
    armorall wheel protectant to prevent brake dust buildup. Seems to be a favorite around AZ and folks say it works better than others. Its a night and day difference when using it.
    Or opticoat wheels. That works great as well!
    2011 Audi S4 - Ibis - Magma - Premium Plus - XPEL - STIR PLUS - Laser Interceptor Quad - AWE Resonated Exhaust - Ecodes - Alu Kruez -

Contact me if you have questions on detailing or Radar Laser.

F*** paint. Let's just buy corvettes so it's plastic. E39source

Ecodes are the ultimate symbol of human status and worth. i'm perturbed by the fact that you were not aware of this. GSS5

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings DetailersDomain's Avatar
    AZ Member #

yup Opti Coat the wheels a much better more permanent solution.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Are there folks that actually do opti-coat? It's caught my attention, but I don't know if I trust myself to do it...

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings DetailersDomain's Avatar
    AZ Member #

yes there are we are an authorized Opti Coat Pro Installer.

Here is the current list.
    http://www.opti-coat.net/approved-dealers.php

Active Member One Ring S5swag305's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What are your thoughts on Optimum No Rinse? I'm picking up my PB S5 on Tuesday and also want to know the best way to keep my baby looking good.
    2014 Phantom Black S5 | Black Optics Package | Magna Red/Black Nappa Leather Interior | Carbon Inlays | Sports Differential | Audi MMI | B&O Sound | Side Assist |

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi RS5

Quote Originally Posted by S5swag305 View Post
    What are your thoughts on Optimum No Rinse? I'm picking up my PB S5 on Tuesday and also want to know the best way to keep my baby looking good.
    I use Adam's Quick Detailer as an "inbetween". Heavy saturation and plenty of micro fiber towels. I've used the ONR, I don't like it as much as Adam's.
    Build Thread
    Past Lives:
    2010 M3
    2007 RS4
    2007 S4 Avant

Veteran Member Four Rings hoppy6698's Avatar
    AZ Member #

On the wheels - switching to ceramic brake pads did wonders for my dust (near none, and what does appear wipes off readily with a towel). Far more permanent fix than the coatings and protects the wheels by preventing the contaminate brake dust to begin with.

I have some different thoughts for maintaining the beautiful black however:
    1 - Collinite 845 (sealant) - Goes on smooth, comes off as easy, last months
    2 - Blacklight Polish from Chemical Guys - great for darker cars, but there are a lot of products for Black cars (not all polish work as well for Black, FYI)
    3 - Find a good Carnuba, it will deepen the glow of the black - I use Pete's 53 or Swissvax Onyx, but there are many available, find one you like
    4 - Adam's VRT - almost a universal recommendation for protecting plastics and rubber trims - this has UV protectants and keeps water beading off of trim for weeks on end.

Black is beautiful, but it takes work as I am sure you are learning by now. Good luck!
    "A man who won´t die for something is not fit to live." - MLK Jr.

{2009 A4 2.0T quattro, Meteor Gray/Black, Prestige, tiptronic}

Current: APR Stage I, Plate LEDs, Huper Optik 45%, H11 Fogs, Intercooler pipe, H&R RSB, Bilstein B12 Pro-kit, VMR 708s