Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,080 of 2459
  1. #2041
    Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 26 2014
    AZ Member #
    197039
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7
    Location
    DFW

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by drivenagain View Post
    The Meaty Tire Dilemma

    20x10 et25 295/40
    OR
    19x10 et25 285/45
    Really?

    Reeeeeeally??

    The 20x10, +25, 295/40 setup is tits. I have 10.5"s and I think the tires look better on 10"s.
    My previous setup was 21x10, +30, 295/35. It was great, but would have been perfect at +25.
    19"s? Maybe for a dedicated winter set, but I'd stick with 20-21".
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

  2. #2042
    Established Member Two Rings drivenagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05 2016
    AZ Member #
    380234
    Location
    MD

    Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    20x10 ET25 w/ 295/40 😋
    this is the look im after, but no one had done it on 19"s, i likes me some rubba

    Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    Really?
    yes, i live in the country and occasionally cross creeks and drive on gravel roads, i need some side wall
    2013 Q5 3.0T | 57mm | 194mm | EPL DP Tune | Injen Intake
    2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro | TI Fuel Exhaust

  3. #2043
    Veteran Member Four Rings SQive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 26 2014
    AZ Member #
    197039
    My Garage
    2012 R8 GT; 2016 SQ5; 2017 Q7
    Location
    DFW

    Quote Originally Posted by drivenagain View Post
    ... i live in the country and occasionally cross creeks and drive on gravel roads, i need some side wall
    Go 20"s. There's plenty of sidewall. My buddy's place is up 9 miles of "primitive road" and I had no issues. Your roads couldn't be that bad.
    2012 R8 GT, Suzuka with carbon fiber (#298 of 333)
    2017 Q7 P+, Ink Blue, Pistachio Beige, Warm, Vision, Bose, Towing (wife's ride)
    2016 SQ5, Sepang, Black Optic, Technology, BBS CH-R Gold 20x10.5 with 295's
    -2014 SQ5, Monsoon, Sans pano, totaled by a Xanexed-out broad in a Denali XL

  4. #2044
    Established Member Two Rings drivenagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05 2016
    AZ Member #
    380234
    Location
    MD

    Quote Originally Posted by SQive View Post
    Go 20"s. There's plenty of sidewall. My buddy's place is up 9 miles of "primitive road" and I had no issues. Your roads couldn't be that bad.
    i also like to be a bit dif...some fat ass 19's would be a cool look, just havent seen it done.
    Your gold steamrollers are siiiiick
    2013 Q5 3.0T | 57mm | 194mm | EPL DP Tune | Injen Intake
    2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro | TI Fuel Exhaust

  5. #2045
    Veteran Member Four Rings VroomVroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03 2007
    AZ Member #
    14579
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA

    For us city slickers, any ride quality improvement of 19" vs 20" is negligible since those XL-rated sidewalls are so remarkably stiff. That said, I can see the logic of a bit of extra protection (compressed air still compresses better than metal and such) for use away from pavement, and the look of 19's would be cool and unique. I like the wide-but-not-too-wide 285/45 spec as well. I'll soon be buying 20's, and continually bounce between 275 and 295mm tread widths. 285/40's options are few and significantly more expensive. Anyway, not sure you can go wrong either way, and I look forward to seeing pics.
    -Jerry
    '16 SQ5 P+. Glacier White; Tech, Nappa, Black Optics, 21's.
    > H&R 29001-3 and Bilstein B8: 24-145985 & 24-145992 | Conti DWS06 275/40 and BBS CIR 0501 20x10 ET25, Satin Black | Various VCDS tidbits.
    (Formerly)13' Q5 3.0T '12 Q5 3.2, '08 A4 Avant 3.2, '06 A4 Avant 3.2.

  6. #2046
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Winston Salem NC

    Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    For us city slickers, any ride quality improvement of 19" vs 20" is negligible since those XL-rated sidewalls are so remarkably stiff. That said, I can see the logic of a bit of extra protection (compressed air still compresses better than metal and such) for use away from pavement, and the look of 19's would be cool and unique. I like the wide-but-not-too-wide 285/45 spec as well. I'll soon be buying 20's, and continually bounce between 275 and 295mm tread widths. 285/40's options are few and significantly more expensive. Anyway, not sure you can go wrong either way, and I look forward to seeing pics.
    Your pretty things arrive Friday 😎
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  7. #2047
    Veteran Member Four Rings VroomVroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03 2007
    AZ Member #
    14579
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    Your pretty things arrive Friday 😎
    You always say the sweetest things.
    -Jerry
    '16 SQ5 P+. Glacier White; Tech, Nappa, Black Optics, 21's.
    > H&R 29001-3 and Bilstein B8: 24-145985 & 24-145992 | Conti DWS06 275/40 and BBS CIR 0501 20x10 ET25, Satin Black | Various VCDS tidbits.
    (Formerly)13' Q5 3.0T '12 Q5 3.2, '08 A4 Avant 3.2, '06 A4 Avant 3.2.

  8. #2048
    Senior Member Three Rings Qumag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    301898
    My Garage
    15' Macan Turbo, 17' VW Golf Alltrack
    Location
    Darien, IL

    Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    You always say the sweetest things.
    Ohhhh what did you buy at the candy store???

  9. #2049
    Veteran Member Four Rings VroomVroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03 2007
    AZ Member #
    14579
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Qumag View Post
    Ohhhh what did you buy at the candy store???
    A tiny piece of the heritage of Heinrich Baumgartner and Klaus Brand, when they put a little something together in Schiltach. Technik aus dem Motorsport. :)
    -Jerry
    '16 SQ5 P+. Glacier White; Tech, Nappa, Black Optics, 21's.
    > H&R 29001-3 and Bilstein B8: 24-145985 & 24-145992 | Conti DWS06 275/40 and BBS CIR 0501 20x10 ET25, Satin Black | Various VCDS tidbits.
    (Formerly)13' Q5 3.0T '12 Q5 3.2, '08 A4 Avant 3.2, '06 A4 Avant 3.2.

  10. #2050
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Winston Salem NC

    Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    A tiny piece of the heritage of Heinrich Baumgartner and Klaus Brand, when they put a little something together in Schiltach. Technik aus dem Motorsport. :)
    Excellent post 😎

    Hit me up sometime this week, and we'll get it rolling and get an official PO to the BBS bros :)
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  11. #2051
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 08 2014
    AZ Member #
    293863
    My Garage
    '14 Quattro A4
    Location
    Santa Cruz

    Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    I continually bounce between 275 and 295mm tread widths. 285/40's options are few and significantly more expensive. Anyway, not sure you can go wrong either way, and I look forward to seeing pics.

    I just removed the horrid Nitto's that arrived on my used set in 285/40 flavor.


    Replaced it with these Attouro AZ850's for $533 shipped with CA tax for all 4 in 275/40/20 flavor

    I couldn't be more thrilled with the ride. It is as good if not better comfort wise than the stock wheels/ tires. Doesn't catch the groves or feel anywhere near as hard as the Nitto. If I'm not mistaken your going 20/10's so the 295 in a decent tire with a better fit than the 275 should be well received if you can get a soft enough sidewall.



    ^^^ For reference 9.5 wide wheels with 275/40's
    Last edited by Smittylube; 03-14-2018 at 03:04 PM.
    Steve

    '15 SQ Monsoon

  12. #2052
    Veteran Member Four Rings VroomVroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03 2007
    AZ Member #
    14579
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA

    Mops....you're awesome.

    Steve....thanks for the lead. I'm curious, for sure. I confess to being brand-centric, but those prices sure are intriguing. The 295/40 is less than half the cost of the DWS06. America's Tire - where I generally shop anyway - has their own flavor of the DWS06, called the Control Contact, that is ~ $30/tire less expensive, but isn't offered in 295/40. Still some time to decide - once Mops' boxes arrive I'll coat the wheels and let them cure while the tires are shipped to the shop - so again, I'm grateful for the feedback.
    -Jerry
    '16 SQ5 P+. Glacier White; Tech, Nappa, Black Optics, 21's.
    > H&R 29001-3 and Bilstein B8: 24-145985 & 24-145992 | Conti DWS06 275/40 and BBS CIR 0501 20x10 ET25, Satin Black | Various VCDS tidbits.
    (Formerly)13' Q5 3.0T '12 Q5 3.2, '08 A4 Avant 3.2, '06 A4 Avant 3.2.

  13. #2053
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 08 2014
    AZ Member #
    293863
    My Garage
    '14 Quattro A4
    Location
    Santa Cruz

    295/40/20 from easy tire

    $225 each / free shipping
    Steve

    '15 SQ Monsoon

  14. #2054
    Senior Member Three Rings Qumag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    301898
    My Garage
    15' Macan Turbo, 17' VW Golf Alltrack
    Location
    Darien, IL

    Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    A tiny piece of the heritage of Heinrich Baumgartner and Klaus Brand, when they put a little something together in Schiltach. Technik aus dem Motorsport. :)
    Bravo!!! Prost!!!

  15. #2055
    Senior Member Three Rings Qumag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    301898
    My Garage
    15' Macan Turbo, 17' VW Golf Alltrack
    Location
    Darien, IL

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittylube View Post

    I just removed the horrid Nitto's that arrived on my used set in 285/40 flavor.


    Replaced it with these Attouro AZ850's for $533 shipped with CA tax for all 4 in 275/40/20 flavor

    I couldn't be more thrilled with the ride. It is as good if not better comfort wise than the stock wheels/ tires. Doesn't catch the groves or feel anywhere near as hard as the Nitto. If I'm not mistaken your going 20/10's so the 295 in a decent tire with a better fit than the 275 should be well received if you can get a soft enough sidewall.


    ^^^ For reference 9.5 wide wheels with 275/40's
    Those Nitto's are horrible! I had them on my peelers and they are very noisy!!! Now, the Falken FK453 XL I had on my VFF103's are phenomenal! It's super quiet and it grips like a mofo!(295 meats)


  16. #2056
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 08 2014
    AZ Member #
    293863
    My Garage
    '14 Quattro A4
    Location
    Santa Cruz

    Those are a bargain as well.
    Steve

    '15 SQ Monsoon

  17. #2057
    Senior Member Three Rings Qumag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    301898
    My Garage
    15' Macan Turbo, 17' VW Golf Alltrack
    Location
    Darien, IL

    https://flic.kr/p/WAbEuj Vroom, the 295’s fit very nicely and they look good from the back with all that meats.😁

  18. #2058
    Senior Member Three Rings Qumag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    301898
    My Garage
    15' Macan Turbo, 17' VW Golf Alltrack
    Location
    Darien, IL

    I suck adding [img] to post it here using flickr.. Anybody know how to do it with that link above^

  19. #2059
    Established Member Two Rings drivenagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05 2016
    AZ Member #
    380234
    Location
    MD

    Quote Originally Posted by Qumag View Post
    https://flic.kr/p/WAbEuj Vroom, the 295’s fit very nicely and they look good from the back with all that meats.😁
    what wheels and offset? spacers? thanks!!
    2013 Q5 3.0T | 57mm | 194mm | EPL DP Tune | Injen Intake
    2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro | TI Fuel Exhaust

  20. #2060
    Senior Member Three Rings Qumag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    301898
    My Garage
    15' Macan Turbo, 17' VW Golf Alltrack
    Location
    Darien, IL

    Quote Originally Posted by drivenagain View Post
    what wheels and offset? spacers? thanks!!
    Vorsteiner VFF103 20x10 30offset with H&R 5mm spacers.

  21. #2061
    Senior Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Nov 08 2014
    AZ Member #
    293863
    My Garage
    '14 Quattro A4
    Location
    Santa Cruz

    Not all pictures work right for some reason
    Steve

    '15 SQ Monsoon

  22. #2062
    Senior Member Three Rings Qumag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    301898
    My Garage
    15' Macan Turbo, 17' VW Golf Alltrack
    Location
    Darien, IL

    How about now?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #2063
    Veteran Member Four Rings VroomVroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 03 2007
    AZ Member #
    14579
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA

    Pics work like a charm, and your Q looks PERFECT. Love the stance, and the wheel & tire combo is delicious.
    -Jerry
    '16 SQ5 P+. Glacier White; Tech, Nappa, Black Optics, 21's.
    > H&R 29001-3 and Bilstein B8: 24-145985 & 24-145992 | Conti DWS06 275/40 and BBS CIR 0501 20x10 ET25, Satin Black | Various VCDS tidbits.
    (Formerly)13' Q5 3.0T '12 Q5 3.2, '08 A4 Avant 3.2, '06 A4 Avant 3.2.

  24. #2064
    Senior Member Three Rings Qumag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    301898
    My Garage
    15' Macan Turbo, 17' VW Golf Alltrack
    Location
    Darien, IL


    Ass shot!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #2065
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2007
    AZ Member #
    15668
    My Garage
    2014 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Items for Sale

    Anyone run 19x8.5 with ET 37? If so, any rubbing? Stock tire size (235/55R19). Being used.

  26. #2066
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Winston Salem NC

    @Qumag

    So good!!! One of rare few that were able to run only 5mm with the deep concave V-FF.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  27. #2067
    Senior Member Three Rings Qumag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    301898
    My Garage
    15' Macan Turbo, 17' VW Golf Alltrack
    Location
    Darien, IL

    Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    @Qumag

    So good!!! One of rare few that were able to run only 5mm with the deep concave V-FF.
    It was a gamble to run the 5mm,as I have no idea if it will clear the front brakes(TDi)... Thanks to my boi mops, we got this whip looking hawt! I can’t wait to get that set of VFF107 from you for my Macan.

  28. #2068
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Winston Salem NC

    Quote Originally Posted by Qumag View Post
    It was a gamble to run the 5mm,as I have no idea if it will clear the front brakes(TDi)... Thanks to my boi mops, we got this whip looking hawt! I can’t wait to get that set of VFF107 from you for my Macan.
    We killed it :)

    Very excited for that too! 😎
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  29. #2069
    Established Member Two Rings drivenagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05 2016
    AZ Member #
    380234
    Location
    MD

    Mops@Nemesis


    Still waiting to bling you out, we should chat again.
    2013 Q5 3.0T | 57mm | 194mm | EPL DP Tune | Injen Intake
    2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro | TI Fuel Exhaust

  30. #2070
    Senior Member Two Rings turbojayc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 11 2015
    AZ Member #
    354905
    Location
    Toronto

    Quote Originally Posted by BklynSQ5 View Post
    Anyone else running 22's on either generation SQ5?
    22" Niche Targa's


    2016 SQ5 - Mythos Black
    H&R Sport Springs | ECS Spacers | CTS Turbo CAI | Black Optics | Custom Catback Exhaust | 22" Niche Targa M130 | Unitronic Stage 3 |

  31. #2071
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Winston Salem NC

    Quote Originally Posted by drivenagain View Post
    Mops@Nemesis

    Still waiting to bling you out, we should chat again.
    Ha! As a new business owner, I'm not currently looking for bling (unless we're talking women) but I'm down to chat wheels. 😛😛
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


  32. #2072
    Established Member Two Rings drivenagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05 2016
    AZ Member #
    380234
    Location
    MD

    Quote Originally Posted by Mops@Nemesis View Post
    Ha! As a new business owner, I'm not currently looking for bling (unless we're talking women) but I'm down to chat wheels. 😛😛
    email incoming
    2013 Q5 3.0T | 57mm | 194mm | EPL DP Tune | Injen Intake
    2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro | TI Fuel Exhaust

  33. #2073
    Veteran Member Three Rings jomama229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07 2013
    AZ Member #
    116742
    Location
    san jose, ca

    if anyone's looking for some tires, here's a good deal that i just jumped in on. i got a set of conti dws06 in 255/45-20 for $644 shipped. the link doesn't quite connect to discount tire direct on ebay, but you can do a quick search. the discount code for $100 off upon checkout still works as of this morning.

    https://slickdeals.net/f/11334447-discount-tire-direct-coupon-tire-or-wheel-purchases-400-100-off-free-shipping
    2014 Q5 3.0T Glacier White Metallic - EPL Stage 1

  34. #2074
    Veteran Member Four Rings Korben007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08 2007
    AZ Member #
    22460
    My Garage
    00 Celica Supercharged, 02 S6, 08 TT 3.2
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA/NV

    Haha. I actually just made this purchase last night!

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged - 2008 Audi A3 VRT - 2003 Audi RS6 Avant - 2010 Audi Q5 Prestige
    2000 Audi S4 Stage 3(SOLD) - 2008 Audi TT 3.2 (SOLD) - 2002 S6 Avant Manual w/ S8 engine
    1990 Audi Coupe Quattro(SOLD) - 1993 Toyota MR2 Big Turbo(SOLD) - 2001 Audi S6 Sedan (SOLD)
    Check Out My Facebook

  35. #2075
    Veteran Member Three Rings jomama229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07 2013
    AZ Member #
    116742
    Location
    san jose, ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Korben007 View Post
    Haha. I actually just made this purchase last night!
    i don't quite need to replace my tires yet, but i figure what the heck. i was actually looking into michelin a/s3+, but not if it's a couple hundred dollars more. the dws06 has been tried and trued. i've had a set for 40k miles now, and aside from being a bit loud, they've been fantastic.
    2014 Q5 3.0T Glacier White Metallic - EPL Stage 1

  36. #2076
    Veteran Member Four Rings Korben007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08 2007
    AZ Member #
    22460
    My Garage
    00 Celica Supercharged, 02 S6, 08 TT 3.2
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA/NV

    Quote Originally Posted by jomama229 View Post
    i don't quite need to replace my tires yet, but i figure what the heck. i was actually looking into michelin a/s3+, but not if it's a couple hundred dollars more. the dws06 has been tried and trued. i've had a set for 40k miles now, and aside from being a bit loud, they've been fantastic.
    In my opinion the Michelin all season tires are pretty much useless in any inclement weather they make really good performance winter tires and really good summer Tires but they totally missed the all-season category I would highly recommend staying away from any Michelin all season tires. The Continental DWS far exceeds performance in the snow and rain.

    I live in heavy snow country as well as run an Audi shop and install hundreds of tires on Audi every year. I do run a studless snow tire in the winter and the DWS in the summer in case we get caught with a late or early storm they perform great.

    This is definitely a great deal as it's even cheaper than my wholesale cost through tire rack!

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged - 2008 Audi A3 VRT - 2003 Audi RS6 Avant - 2010 Audi Q5 Prestige
    2000 Audi S4 Stage 3(SOLD) - 2008 Audi TT 3.2 (SOLD) - 2002 S6 Avant Manual w/ S8 engine
    1990 Audi Coupe Quattro(SOLD) - 1993 Toyota MR2 Big Turbo(SOLD) - 2001 Audi S6 Sedan (SOLD)
    Check Out My Facebook

  37. #2077
    Veteran Member Three Rings jomama229's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 07 2013
    AZ Member #
    116742
    Location
    san jose, ca

    Quote Originally Posted by Korben007 View Post
    In my opinion the Michelin all season tires are pretty much useless in any inclement weather they make really good performance winter tires and really good summer Tires but they totally missed the all-season category I would highly recommend staying away from any Michelin all season tires. The Continental DWS far exceeds performance in the snow and rain.

    I live in heavy snow country as well as run an Audi shop and install hundreds of tires on Audi every year. I do run a studless snow tire in the winter and the DWS in the summer in case we get caught with a late or early storm they perform great.
    thanks for that info. tirerack has the a/s 3+ rated pretty high for snow and wet traction, but i appreciate real life experience over that. i've taken the dws06 out to tahoe a couple time, and one of those times, there was 6" of heavy/wet snow. the car performed great in all of that. there was also a torrential downpour coming back thru sac and no issues at all. thinking about a trip up to tahoe late next week, but it'll likely be in a larger rental SUV.
    2014 Q5 3.0T Glacier White Metallic - EPL Stage 1

  38. #2078
    Veteran Member Four Rings Korben007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08 2007
    AZ Member #
    22460
    My Garage
    00 Celica Supercharged, 02 S6, 08 TT 3.2
    Location
    Lake Tahoe, CA/NV

    Quote Originally Posted by jomama229 View Post
    thanks for that info. tirerack has the a/s 3+ rated pretty high for snow and wet traction, but i appreciate real life experience over that. i've taken the dws06 out to tahoe a couple time, and one of those times, there was 6" of heavy/wet snow. the car performed great in all of that. there was also a torrential downpour coming back thru sac and no issues at all. thinking about a trip up to tahoe late next week, but it'll likely be in a larger rental SUV.
    Come say hi when your up here. That's where I live, Tahoe. The Q5 killed it this last 3ft dump!



    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged - 2008 Audi A3 VRT - 2003 Audi RS6 Avant - 2010 Audi Q5 Prestige
    2000 Audi S4 Stage 3(SOLD) - 2008 Audi TT 3.2 (SOLD) - 2002 S6 Avant Manual w/ S8 engine
    1990 Audi Coupe Quattro(SOLD) - 1993 Toyota MR2 Big Turbo(SOLD) - 2001 Audi S6 Sedan (SOLD)
    Check Out My Facebook

  39. #2079
    Veteran Member Four Rings Das Ponto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 20 2012
    AZ Member #
    106174
    My Garage
    2013 Q5 S-line
    Location
    Edmonton, AB

    Ha that is awesome! I wish we got snow deep enough that even the Q would be plowing... guess lowering it will help big time.
    Ryan
    13' Ibis White Q5 2.0t S-Line
    07' Brilliant Black A3 3.2vr quattro [Sold]
    IG @Dasponto | Flickr https://flic.kr/ps/31nTcr

  40. #2080
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 28 2010
    AZ Member #
    64971
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5
    Location
    Winston Salem NC

    The Official Q5/SQ5 Wheel Thread - Post your setup!

    Quote Originally Posted by Korben007 View Post
    The Continental DWS far exceeds performance in the snow and rain.

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Yep, I've run both in the snow, and have done some high speed wet testing too. Other than looks, sidewall rigidity and noise, the DWS kills the A/S 3+. I've done maybe 3K on the 3+ on my S4, and they look to be 1/4 spent already. I drive hard, but that's nuts. The DWS on my SQ still look almost new after 6K. I rotated them just a bit ago.

    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more


Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.