Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

2015 Facelifted A7/S7

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Best pics I've seen yet. Thoughts? Personally, I like it. I hope to get an S7 this year and will probably wait until the 2015's are available to order.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2015-au...=1458_41594018

Senior Member Three Rings TheChef's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Honestly, not a fan at all. Don't like the headlight design, nor the rear tailpipe design. Too much A8.
    #ProjectS7 2013 & 2014 SEMA Feature car w/ HRE
    Charcoal Matte Metallic on Black. Quilted. Innovation. Carbon. LED. Big Red Brembos.
    Partner's: HRE Performance Wheels. APR. Brink Motorsport. H&R. Michelin. Hexis. EVOKlass. Autodynamica. Vinyl Werkz. Mothers Polishes.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

The car and driver renderings are some of the worst in the bussiness anyways....

This is when they did for the C7...lol.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Audi's really hit their stride lately with exterior design, which is why that hideous render can't possibly be even close. I'm sure it will look awesome and therefore nothing like that.

Established Member Two Rings ky0t3s's Avatar
    AZ Member #

These are just renderings without any basis in spy shots? Is this even guaranteed for 2015?

Anyway, I prefer the current design in almost every way, except I feel the rear valance on the S7 never looked right so if they tweak that I would like it better. I especially prefer the current headlight design, maybe if they just update it to use the newer LED technology so the DRL line appears like a solid LED instead of a dozen little LEDs.
    Last edited by ky0t3s; 01-24-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    RS7, Ibis White, Alu Optics, 21", Innovation, Sport Exhaust, B&O

Established Member Three Rings moosehead1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '11 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L

Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johansen do not need facelifts or bolt ons.
    '13 S7 Daytona / HR ETS Module / Belstir+ & Laser Interceptor Quad / 3M Crystalline Tint & Clear Bra / AG 510 & winter sneakers / VCDS

Gone: '06 Touareg / '00 A6 2.7T / '94 90CS / '86 Coupe GT

Established Member Two Rings ky0t3s's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Oh, I found the spy shots here;

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...i-a7-spy-shots

I definitely see the changes the rendering shows. I don't like the headlights much at all, it even looks like they changed the module dimensions to more like the A6 headlights. The current A7 just looks so much better IMO.

And the new tail pipes are ugly squished looking things.

Hopefully the S or at least RS looks different.
    Last edited by ky0t3s; 01-24-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    RS7, Ibis White, Alu Optics, 21", Innovation, Sport Exhaust, B&O

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Allroad, 2.7T, 6spd mt, APR Stage 2

The tailpipes are horrid. Audi hasn't yet done the flat rectangles like Mercedes and BMW, why do it to the A7?????
    2014 RS7: Daytona Grey Pearl, Alu-optic, 21" Wheels, Sport Exhaust, B&O, Innovation....
    2005 Allroad: 2.7t, 6spd mt, premium, DVD Nav+, Stratos Blue full body paint, 18 x 8 1/2" OEM RS4 wheels w/ 245/45 Pirelli P-Zero Neros, APR ECU flash (93 octane), APR exhaust, AWE pedals
    Gone but not forgotten: 2012 Stasis A7 Prestige; 2002 Allroad

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I'm waiting for a 2014 S7 build to arrive. When I first heard about the 2015 refresh, I was just a bit bummed since I think the 2014 looks so "sick" (as my teen son has been saying) and worried it would be looking dated when the 2015 came out. Having seen some of the spy pics, all I can say is that I'm really happy I'm getting a 2014!
    2014 Audi S7, Daytona Grey Pearl, LED lights, Carbon Atlas Inlays, Black Optic, Alcantara Headliner

Veteran Member Four Rings 7speed's Avatar
    AZ Member #

NO thanks
    instagram ------------> low_enforcement

Veteran Member Four Rings wwhan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 7speed View Post
    NO thanks
    It looks like the new A7/S7 headlights & taillights are squinting & the new exhaust pipes seem to match the squinting shape.

Hopefully they won't ruin the A6/S6 also, though these types of design diseases tend to inflect the whole family.
    11, S4, DSG, APR Stg2

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by wwhan View Post
    It looks like the new A7/S7 headlights & taillights are squinting & the new exhaust pipes seem to match the squinting shape.

Hopefully they won't ruin the A6/S6 also, though these types of design diseases tend to inflect the whole family.
    I was hoping Audi outgrew their squinty stage with the B8.5 upgrade, but I guess they still want to live out the dream. The tail pipes are definitely following trend rather than setting it. Too Lexus/MB/BMW.
    2012 A6 3.0T now with APR Stage One, Black Optics, and E-Codes

Senior Member Three Rings eKKoMan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

One one hand : now a days every Audi model (from the front at least) resembles the others in the other classes in great proportion. Like texsun said, they are doing what everybody else is doing MB/BMW (Lexus is not worth mentioning because they seem to copy everyone else). If you see an Audi coming you might say its an : A3, A4, A5, A6 or A7 or A8 (not the latest facelift). Of course an Audi addict like me will know the difference, but i'm talking about the rest of the world.

One the other, with Audi it has always been about the small details.
    2009 Audi A6 | 2.0 TDI | S Line Exterior | Phantom Black | TTS FlatBottom SW | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Multitronic | MMI 3G+ | RS6r 18x8 | Bose Audio | S Line SportSeats | 35% Tint

Veteran Member Four Rings b6onboost's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I personally like the rendering. As a non-A7/S7 owner who really likes the current car I actually think a lot of the changes are improvments (except the exhaust finishers) which modernize and slightly clean up the design. Overall they are small changes that mostly only Audi enthusiasts will notice. Audi re-freshes are often well received, except by those who own the model being re-freshed. I think its often just bais.

Established Member Four Rings IanCH's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Weve seen the B9 camo shots with rectangular tailpipes as well. They are coming whether we live it or not. Thankfully Tip swaps are easy if you can get them to fit the bumper cutout right.
    2011 S4 - Prestige - Dipped Royal Blue Pearl - DSG - S-Diff - ADS - B&O - OE Sport Springs - AK - EuroCode Intake. - Stock Airbox Mod - Geomet Slotted w/ HPS - Peelers - PSS 255/35/19 w/ 10mm spacers

SOLD 2008 C6 S6 V10 5.2

"I'm the one person on Audizine who cares about engineering." - westwest888

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S5/SQ5/A7...we love Audis!!!

Funny, I love the facelifted look for the A5/S5, but I think the A7 loses some sexiness with the facelifted lights. Less curvy and cat-like. But it's not bad at all.
    S5 cab - *brilliant/magma*sports diff*BCForged*H&R*Pirelli*AWE*
    A7 - stuff
    SQ5 - no stuff

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

The order banks for the 2015 model year are open

Established Member Three Rings monoseanism's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    BMW NineT

Looks like a bullshit site.
    2013 S7 // APR stage one // Pink cigarette lighter (12volt)
    Ask me about microwaving cats for fun, and profit

Active Member Two Rings knightmareS7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yeah, "240hp in 428 lb ft." Didn't know the '15 S7 had diesel power levels