Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Audi A6 2001 misfiring problem

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi, I own a 2.7t 2001 audi a6 with 180k miles and it has been idling rough especially with the A/C on and it also has so many misfires when I floor it that gaining speed quickly has become very hard to do. I have to moderately press the gas, never flooring it, for it to not buck/misfire.

I have the VAG and it reads misfires on all cylinder and also exhaust gas temp sensor #2.

I took it to the mechanic and they told me a piston ring is bad so I need a new engine. I found it hard to believe one bad piston ring causes misfires in all cylinders.
    If I were to replace the EGT #2 do you think it would solve my problem? Can the EGT cause the misfires? If so can you explain why.

Senior Member Three Rings svirk2's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    99 C43 AMG 1 of 546

yes egt sensors can cause misfires. it is something to do with fuel cuts to protect the cats if the exhuast temp is too high, im not exactly sure
    and i doubt you have a piston ring problem
    2002 A6 2.7T APR tune
    Bilstein shocks
    HR springs
    18' b5 rs4 reps