Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 292 of 292 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292
Results 11,641 to 11,655 of 11655
    Established Member Three Rings tloft4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtonts View Post
    I run a very small one. Nothing flashy, no dumb sayings or anything, just gives the car a little bit of character I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that not the car equivalent of a tramp stamp? Can't see what it says on mobile tho

Senior Member Four Rings Ashtonts's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Questions you thought were too dumb to ask

Quote Originally Posted by tloft4 View Post
    Is that not the car equivalent of a tramp stamp? Can't see what it says on mobile tho
    Haha actually when first I posted it I think I said I gave her a tramp stamp. It just says ďDaily DrivenĒ

2005.5 A4 2.0T Brilliant Red | 6MT | Quattro | S-Line
    Go: K04 | ST Coilovers | Carbonio | Maestro | S3 Injectors | IE Rods | JHM FMIC | Autotech HPFP | ECS Short Shifter | JHM Clutch | USP HFC | Quad-tip Exhaust | S4 Brakes
    Show: DTM Rear + Skirts | Recaro | Black Miro 111 19" | RS4 Grille | Votex Spoiler | OEM CF Trim | S4 Mirrors | Black Ext. Trim | CC + Joey Mod Bixenons | LED Tails | A8 Rings | RNSe | 20% Tint | 034 Adj. UCAs

Veteran Member Four Rings dalmation53's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Thermostat replacement looks preety straight forward take off alternator, and belt and it should be accessible. Any tips on that? Which aftermarket one you recommend?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Audizine mobile app
    Ivan

Veteran Member Four Rings mcpcartier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 A4 2.0T Q 6MT, S-Line, Ti Pkg, Black, 08 xB, 13 Ex Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by dalmation53 View Post
    Thermostat replacement looks preety straight forward take off alternator, and belt and it should be accessible. Any tips on that? Which aftermarket one you recommend?

Based on how successful I've been I have nothing to offer. It's not bad to change....but I always fight with getting the hard line sealed. One thing I know is alignment of the hardline is much more important than depth. Good luck with that (might be the quality of thermostat....but they've both come with ECS TB kits and no one else has complained.).
    2007 2.0T Q 6MT, S-Line, Ti Package, BB
    Revo Stage 2 | JHM Stage 1 Clutch | K&N Drop in | APR HPFP | 034 HFC | AWE Catback | OEM DV Upgrade | 034 SD Tranny & Motor Mounts | Neuspeed Snub | H&R Sport Springs | Bilsteins | Moog ACA | B5 Perches (removed) | RS4 RSB | ABT Drilled n Slotted Rotors | Podi Stepper Boost Gauge | H&R Spacers 15f/20r | Clear Corners w/Blackout | Smoked Frt Markers | Cupra R Lip | 20% Tint

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by mcpcartier View Post
    Based on how successful I've been I have nothing to offer. It's not bad to change....but I always fight with getting the hard line sealed. One thing I know is alignment of the hardline is much more important than depth. Good luck with that (might be the quality of thermostat....but they've both come with ECS TB kits and no one else has complained.).
    So getting the hose off the hardline is hard or putting it back on? I have heavy duty picks. I have a cel for cooling system. Is the thermostat. Haha

Ivan

Veteran Member Four Rings mcpcartier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 A4 2.0T Q 6MT, S-Line, Ti Pkg, Black, 08 xB, 13 Ex Ltd

So getting the hose off the hardline is hard or putting it back on? I have heavy duty picks. I have a cel for cooling system. Is the thermostat. Haha

getting it out is a breeze...there is one bolt on the face of the thermostat, take that out and pull. What's a pain for me is I slide it in, put the bolt in...looks good, leaks. Take it out, adjust alignment....put it in, leaks. Take out adjust alignment....etc.... Eventually it seats properly....I have failed to learn the trick.
    2007 2.0T Q 6MT, S-Line, Ti Package, BB
    Revo Stage 2 | JHM Stage 1 Clutch | K&N Drop in | APR HPFP | 034 HFC | AWE Catback | OEM DV Upgrade | 034 SD Tranny & Motor Mounts | Neuspeed Snub | H&R Sport Springs | Bilsteins | Moog ACA | B5 Perches (removed) | RS4 RSB | ABT Drilled n Slotted Rotors | Podi Stepper Boost Gauge | H&R Spacers 15f/20r | Clear Corners w/Blackout | Smoked Frt Markers | Cupra R Lip | 20% Tint

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by mcpcartier View Post
    getting it out is a breeze...there is one bolt on the face of the thermostat, take that out and pull. What's a pain for me is I slide it in, put the bolt in...looks good, leaks. Take it out, adjust alignment....put it in, leaks. Take out adjust alignment....etc.... Eventually it seats properly....I have failed to learn the trick.
    I dont get it? I read the diy with pictures you are saying something about aligning the thermostat. Doesn't it only go in one way to bolt in on an hold it in place? 🤔

Ivan

Active Member Two Rings brock2428's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hey guys if I get wheel spacers to fit my new brakes will I need to get Longer wheel bolts ?

-brock

Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by brock2428 View Post
    Hey guys if I get wheel spacers to fit my new brakes will I need to get Longer wheel bolts ?

-brock
    yes. perfect time to stud kit. This way if you decide to larger spacers you wont have to purchase longer bolts again
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,RS4 rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

Established Member Two Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by brock2428 View Post

-brock
    Spacers more than 5mm will need longer bolts

Established Member Two Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A4Kasey View Post
    Do any of you guys run decals on the back window? If so, what are they? Iíve seen others do it, but Iím trying to build one that represents the car but I canít seem to find any that interest me in getting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Personally I think it's all about preference. The way I look at it vinyl decals can be removed without a whole lot of work and can change the look of the car. It's the best way to personalize your car without making irreversible changes. I don't try to please anyone but myself. I've got a brilliant red car so I've got silver decals going down my back glass. I've got one with my instagram name, one from Lamin-X. I debadged the A4, Quattro and 2.0T emblems so I put a red turbo snail decal. You can't see it from far away but if you get close enough you can see it and to me it ties in because it's in the same location the 2.0T was in and says "I'm turbocharged". Customizing or modding should be all about having fun doing your hobby. I make changes I enjoy and that personalize the car to me as well and most times make it better in some way.

Senior Member Three Rings oVeRdOsE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

little project that im thinking of.

I'd like to take the power from the DRL light ( white bulb with the xenon headlight), and bring it to a second LED light in the fog light.

What is the power consumption from OEM DRL ? 21W each?

LED are 9w, 25w-15ohms resistor should be ok to avoid the warning?

Planing to put these in the fog light, drilling the side, and pointing them to the oem reflector.

OEM fog light will remaind untouched, hoping that it wont melt the LED.

Established Member Two Rings Dubbed-Out's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    S550, MK2 GLI VR6

Last edited by Dubbed-Out; Yesterday at 09:44 PM. Reason: I thought that figured it out....

Established Member Three Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Questions you thought were too dumb to ask

I dont get it? I read the diy with pictures you are saying something about aligning the thermostat. Doesn't it only go in one way to bolt in on an hold it in place?

Iím sure you are talking about the same DIY I followed. Itís fairy easy task, no alignment.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by Dondbg View Post
    Iím sure you are talking about the same DIY I followed. Itís fairy easy task, no alignment.

Lol i figured.. The other guy said something about aligning it and shit he was confusing me

Ivan