Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 253 of 253 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253
Results 10,081 to 10,104 of 10104
    Established Member Four Rings pezgoon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by wjg22 View Post
    Yeah I get the persistent gas pump icon with annoying beep too. I've heard that you might have to recalibrate the new level sensor when it's installed, but I can't seem to change the needle position with VagCom, despite the gauges testing procedure showing that it appears to be fully functional
    Well you said fuel pump, did you mean that or the sender(s)

Cause that's two different (or three) items

If you have Quattro you have two senders

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Eric

2005.5 6mt A4 2.0(red T ) Silver metallic outside, Platinum inside.

Established Member Three Rings wjg22's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 Monster 750

Fuel pump and sender/sensor were replaced. Along with fuel filter for good measure.

Established Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wjg22 View Post
    Yeah I get the persistent gas pump icon with annoying beep too. I've heard that you might have to recalibrate the new level sensor when it's installed, but I can't seem to change the needle position with VagCom, despite the gauges testing procedure showing that it appears to be fully functional
    Make sure you have coded correctly for either quattro or fwd. I had mine messed up and found it was for quattro when my car is FWD.
    A4 B7 2.0L TSFI (Mauritius Blue) | KO4 + Autotech HPFP upgrade + BSR Stage II tune - 2.5" BSR CAT-back - CAI| S3 Inj. DW300c LPFP | GFB DV+ | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims | R8 Coils | 034 RSB, control arms, end links, street density engine & CVT mounts - snub nose - HFC | Cupra R lip | 7" Erisin 2028AM - Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + db840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub| Yellow Fogs, LEDs throughout | CXRacing FMIC - B12 Bilstein Suspension + H&R Springs | S4 brake upgrade and braided lines.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 Monster 750

Yeah I checked that too, under coding for instruments iirc. I'm running out of ideas. Cars going to a local Indy shop on Thursday for exhaust work, if I can't figure it out this week I might just ask if they can deal with it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 Monster 750

Interestingly enough, after I filled the car the DTE read 155 miles. Drove to the airport and back a little later and it kept increasing (now at 250) but the needle still didn't go up.

Registered Member One Ring luckynd1320's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hi everyone I know this is gonna sound noob but basically I was getting a p0016 code when I scanned my car well I went to go check the wiring plug it came off with little resistance and so I plugged it back in cel light went off but when I go to scan it again p0016 still shows can anybody please chime in to help me

Sent from my Z981 using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Four Rings mcpcartier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 A4 2.0T Q 6MT, S-Line, Ti Pkg, Black, 08 xB, 13 Ex Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by luckynd1320 View Post
    Hi everyone I know this is gonna sound noob but basically I was getting a p0016 code when I scanned my car well I went to go check the wiring plug it came off with little resistance and so I plugged it back in cel light went off but when I go to scan it again p0016 still shows can anybody please chime in to help me

I'd clear the code and see if it comes back....if it does change cam position sensor.
    2007 2.0T Q 6MT, S-Line, Ti Package, BB
    Revo Stage 2 | JHM Stage 1 Clutch | K&N Drop in | APR HPFP | 034 HFC | AWE Catback | OEM DV Upgrade | 034 SD Tranny & Motor Mounts | Neuspeed Snub | H&R Sport Springs | Bilsteins | Moog ACA | B5 Perches (removed) | RS4 RSB | ABT Drilled n Slotted Rotors | Podi Stepper Boost Gauge | H&R Spacers 15f/20r | Clear Corners w/Blackout | Clear Frt Markers | Cupra R Lip | 20% Tint

AZ Member #

Does driving a certain amount of miles clear the code or should I pull the battery to clear it?

AZ Member #

Does driving a certain amount of miles clear the code or should I pull the battery to clear it?

If your scanner cannot clear the codes, disconnecting the battery for 15 mins will. You need to clear it.
    A4 B7 2.0L TSFI (Mauritius Blue) | KO4 + Autotech HPFP upgrade + BSR Stage II tune - 2.5" BSR CAT-back - CAI| S3 Inj. DW300c LPFP | GFB DV+ | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims | R8 Coils | 034 RSB, control arms, end links, street density engine & CVT mounts - snub nose - HFC | Cupra R lip | 7" Erisin 2028AM - Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + db840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub| Yellow Fogs, LEDs throughout | CXRacing FMIC - B12 Bilstein Suspension + H&R Springs | S4 brake upgrade and braided lines.

Veteran Member Four Rings 80sGuy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

Drive it around first, if everything is well then it should clear by itself. If not, no amount of disconnecting the battery or erasing with the scanner will make it go away which means you you'll have to track down the culprit.

2008 A4 2.0T | Dolphin Gray Metallic/Dk Gray | multitronic | Bluetooth | Dk Wood | Convenience. | Premium. | Sprt Susp. | Bare-bone 100% factory stock!

Senior Member Two Rings jamezz23's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 A4 6sp manual

This morning my car started to sputter/hesitate under light acceleration. Scanned the code and it came up p0303. I've replaced 2 coil packs but this one is acting a little different, idles fine, just starts to hesitate and sputter at about 2-2.5k rpms, has anyone had this issue and it still be a coil pack? Also cam follower was changed 4k miles ago and spark plugs a little over s year ago

Veteran Member Four Rings 80sGuy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

^^Check your plugs. It might be foul or contaminated with. I'd say switch them out! Also make sure your vc gasket isn't leaking through.

2008 A4 2.0T | Dolphin Gray Metallic/Dk Gray | multitronic | Bluetooth | Dk Wood | Convenience. | Premium. | Sprt Susp. | Bare-bone 100% factory stock!

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
    Drive it around first, if everything is well then it should clear by itself. If not, no amount of disconnecting the battery or erasing with the scanner will make it go away which means you you'll have to track down the culprit.
    Hard cel's won't go away whether you fix the problem or not. They have to be erased

Atleast if he erases them then he can see if it comes back lol

Eric

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 A4 6sp manual

I don't notice it on the dip stick but there is a small vc leak, just because it's dirty around there and the dirt and shit sticks to the oil. Also, I swapped out coil 1 & 3 to see if the engine code follows and once I moved the coil and cleared the code, the cel pops right up but the scanner is now saying no codes to scan when there clearly is. And now it's sputtering like crazy on idle after switching the cylinder 3 coil ( code was p0303) with one

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 A4 6sp manual

I got it to read the code, and it did switch to p0301 which is what I was hoping. So another coil is on deck

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jamezz23 View Post
    This morning my car started to sputter/hesitate under light acceleration. Scanned the code and it came up p0303. I've replaced 2 coil packs but this one is acting a little different, idles fine, just starts to hesitate and sputter at about 2-2.5k rpms, has anyone had this issue and it still be a coil pack? Also cam follower was changed 4k miles ago and spark plugs a little over s year ago
    When is the last time you did a carbon clean?

AZ Member #

I don't notice it on the dip stick but there is a small vc leak, just because it's dirty around there and the dirt and shit sticks to the oil. Also, I swapped out coil 1 & 3 to see if the engine code follows and once I moved the coil and cleared the code, the cel pops right up but the scanner is now saying no codes to scan when there clearly is. And now it's sputtering like crazy on idle after switching the cylinder 3 coil ( code was p0303) with one
    I will say though for future reference depending upon your reader although you may show a code on the dash it may not be able to read it. I was helping someone and they had their scanner handy so he tried using it to read some codes and epc codes and he only got about 3 out of the 10 lol

The Ross tech got the rest of them

Eric

Established Member Two Rings Jimmyjamms's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Hilux

I got it to read the code, and it did switch to p0301 which is what I was hoping. So another coil is on deck
    Should really just do all 4 coils together. If you've replaced only 2, get 2 more and be done with it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    07 A4 6sp manual

Quote Originally Posted by Okedokey View Post
    When is the last time you did a carbon clean?
    I haven't done one. I've done every other maintenance, maybe I should look into one?

AZ Member #

I haven't done one. I've done every other maintenance, maybe I should look into one?
    I did mine last weekend and although I did it a year ago, it was bad. I cleaned it up (used about 1 can of carby clean per cylinder) with a nylon bottle brush and rags. Came up really nice. The car idles much better, sounds deeper and drives really well.

AZ Member #

So I was able to get a oil and filter changed today and got my p0016 code erased I'm hoping fingers crossed it doesn't pull again?

Senior Member Three Rings Hightekflytech's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone heard of an intermittent boost leak? Checked the car for codes and p0299 comes up but goes away sometimes as well. Every now and then, it'll drive sluggish and go into limp mode but it also drives regular at times. I'm jhm stage one with a gfb dv+ and running a test pipe if that helps

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Hightekflytech View Post
    Anyone heard of an intermittent boost leak? Checked the car for codes and p0299 comes up but goes away sometimes as well. Every now and then, it'll drive sluggish and go into limp mode but it also drives regular at times. I'm jhm stage one with a gfb dv+ and running a test pipe if that helps
    Have you googled the code? Honestly I have no idea what it is but sure you could have an intermittent boost leak

May sound simple but have you verified all tubing after the turbo is tight?

Eric

Senior Member Four Rings dalmation53's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by Hightekflytech View Post
    a lot of people seem to have trouble with the gfb dv+. my buddy had that one for like 6 months. then got a oem one with the piston style and boost was back...
    Ivan