Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 252 of 267 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 10,041 to 10,080 of 10654
    Established Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by vvenom800tt View Post
    i found the actual part numbers for the rivets Audi use. Already ordered them, but thanks for the tip
    share the size then bro :)
    A4 B7 2.0L TSFI (Mauritius Blue) | KO4 + Autotech HPFP upgrade + BSR Stage II tune - 2.5" BSR CAT-back - CAI| S3 Inj. DW300c LPFP | GFB DV+ | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims | R8 Coils | 034 RSB, control arms, end links, street density engine & CVT mounts - snub nose - HFC | Cupra R lip | 7" Erisin 2028AM - Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + db840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub| Yellow Fogs, LEDs throughout | CXRacing FMIC - B12 Bilstein Suspension + H&R Springs | S4 brake upgrade and braided lines.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbed-Out View Post
    Thanks for the response guys. I kinda knew the answer to my question already. I was just stuck in denial, being that I just replaced the belt, tensioner, rollers & water pump less than 20k miles ago. But the belt is not looking too good, so I'm going to replace with a Continental brand. I really didn't want to buy a new tensioner though.
    http://www.blauparts.com/products2.asp?cat=4468

Big savings here right now due to overstock
    A4 B7 2.0L TSFI (Mauritius Blue) | KO4 + Autotech HPFP upgrade + BSR Stage II tune - 2.5" BSR CAT-back - CAI| S3 Inj. DW300c LPFP | GFB DV+ | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims | R8 Coils | 034 RSB, control arms, end links, street density engine & CVT mounts - snub nose - HFC | Cupra R lip | 7" Erisin 2028AM - Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + db840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub| Yellow Fogs, LEDs throughout | CXRacing FMIC - B12 Bilstein Suspension + H&R Springs | S4 brake upgrade and braided lines.

Senior Member Four Rings dalmation53's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

I'm wondering if this method for the power steering groaning noise will work for the 2.0T

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ring-Noise-Fix

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk
    Ivan

Senior Member Three Rings QuattriumMT6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1991 Toyota Mr2 Turbo

Looking to paint my car white using autodip cans. Wondering how man cans would be needed to cover the entire car minus the roof and sideview mirrors. I've already used this stuff on my RS6 grille and the finish is amazing. It has no tacky feeling/texture to it, washes bug residue off easily and has a natural gloss/shine to it.

Established Member Four Rings pezgoon's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Questions you thought were too dumb to ask

Quote Originally Posted by QuattriumMT6 View Post
    Looking to paint my car white using autodip cans. Wondering how man cans would be needed to cover the entire car minus the roof and sideview mirrors. I've already used this stuff on my RS6 grille and the finish is amazing. It has no tacky feeling/texture to it, washes bug residue off easily and has a natural gloss/shine to it.
    ALOT

Buy extra and return un needed?

Hey just so you know it says right in the FAQ's not to do what your planning on doing

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Eric

2005.5 6mt A4 2.0(red T ) Silver metallic outside, Platinum inside.

AZ Member #

It says this

Then this

Eric

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1991 Toyota Mr2 Turbo

Lol but CA always gets screwed when it comes to certified dealers/installers. DYC from what I can remember does not even ship their DIY car paint kits to CA residents. It sucks when a good product comes along and we're so limited. :/ If I could purchase by the gallon I would be able to use a decent paint gun similar to DYC's applicator which should give me better coverage.
    Last edited by QuattriumMT6; 04-20-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Veteran Member Three Rings a4audi4fun's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MY08 B7 2.0T Avant 6MTQS S-Line, 05 B6 3.0 6MTQS

Quote Originally Posted by dalmation53 View Post
    I'm wondering if this method for the power steering groaning noise will work for the 2.0T

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ring-Noise-Fix

Should work as long as you can find the clamp that is leaking - this DIY stops the bleeding of fluid and the ingress of air bubbles due to a loose clamp. On the 3.0, it just happens to be in a very accessible location for the clamp.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by a4audi4fun View Post
    Should work as long as you can find the clamp that is leaking - this DIY stops the bleeding of fluid and the ingress of air bubbles due to a loose clamp. On the 3.0, it just happens to be in a very accessible location for the clamp.
    Ohhhh i see what it does. You actually just explained it better haha yeah i will look for it because i know 100% my rack is not leaking or bad. And the pump well idk it did start making the noise because it was low on fluid. I might have air in the system right?

Ivan

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

08' A4 Sedan titanium. My Bumper is damaged and hangs a bit off. Its not falling off and you can barely notice but to my eye its off.
    Ive noticed a bit of crashed B7's from Rs4's to avantas to regular A4/S4. Im just wondering which bumpers might fit my car? does it have the be the exact make/year/model or is there some swing room between other models. I want to start looking for a part out but i need to know itll fit. Thanks!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbalex View Post
    08' A4 Sedan titanium. My Bumper is damaged and hangs a bit off. Its not falling off and you can barely notice but to my eye its off.
    Ive noticed a bit of crashed B7's from Rs4's to avantas to regular A4/S4. Im just wondering which bumpers might fit my car? does it have the be the exact make/year/model or is there some swing room between other models. I want to start looking for a part out but i need to know itll fit. Thanks!
    Any bumper as long as is not from an RS4. Could do A4/S4 even avant. AND DTM

Ivan

AZ Member #

Ohhhh i see what it does. You actually just explained it better haha yeah i will look for it because i know 100% my rack is not leaking or bad. And the pump well idk it did start making the noise because it was low on fluid. I might have air in the system right?

Right

You should do the bleed procedure immediately as these systems don't "really" self bleed, they can easily get air trapped and the whole system is very sensitive and in a very short time you could kill the system

Eric

AZ Member #

How's it damaged? It may just be disconnected and you need to properly reattach it

Or the mounts are broken, which would mean you need the mounts as well

Are you sure it's the bumper that's damaged and not the mounts?

Eric

Established Member Three Rings supple's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    I don't have a garage

With a titanium edition, you're going to want matching black trim on that grill 🏁

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    2007 Brilliant Black A4 Quattro | Unitronic Stage 1+ | Bilstein Sport + H&R Sport | Apikol Snub | GFB DV+ | 034 Turbo Inlet, Street Density Motor Mounts, RSB & End Links, Upper/Lower Control Arms | Pipercross Filter

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05' WK Jeep 5.7l Hemi
    Items for Sale

Hey everybody, looking for advice.

Currently looking at 2 sets of S4 Recaros, one for 1100 and one for 1200. They are black and from a b7. Is this a decent price for the fronts and backs? I've seen some pretty low sale prices on these before, just wanna make sure before I commute up there to grab them. Thanks in advance guys!
    '2008 Brilliant Black A4 Avant S-line/Ti 6Speed Quattro'

Veteran Member Four Rings 80sGuy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

Any S-Line edition or standard '08 will fit. What's the damage and from where?

2008 A4 2.0T | Dolphin Gray Metallic/Dk Gray | multitronic | Bluetooth | Dk Wood | Convenience. | Premium. | Sprt Susp. | Bare-bone 100% factory stock!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Any bumper as long as is not from an RS4. Could do A4/S4 even avant. AND DTM

Thats what i was hoping for, Thanks! I just have to make sure its an 08', correct? older models wont fit?

Quote Originally Posted by pezgoon View Post
    How's it damaged? It may just be disconnected and you need to properly reattach it

Or the mounts are broken, which would mean you need the mounts as well

Are you sure it's the bumper that's damaged and not the mounts?

The bumper was parked over the curb and when pulling out it got hooked and broke the mounts. This was over a year ago and it was fixed by adding new mounts/screws but its still a tad off. Ive seen a couple of wrecked B7's on craiglist and i plan to keep an eye open just incase in run into a bumper in good shape. I just have to make sure itll fit. I wasnt sure the Avant/S4 models would fit it properly. Or if a earlier year model would work.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sGuy View Post
    Any S-Line edition or standard '08 will fit. What's the damage and from where?
    Just slightly off after breaking off the mounts. See top. Its not going anywhere, just want to keep an eye out for part outs and wrecked models on craigslist.

Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Any 05.5-08 S4 or S-line bumper will be a direct replacement for yours.
    Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full

His: Nothing. Still searching
    Hers: 2008 Ibis Ti Avant 6MT - Bagged Unicorn
    RIP: 2006 DG Avant Tip

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A4 B6 Avant | A4 B7 Sedan
    Items for Sale

Need an Sline bumper, make sure you get one with or without headlight washers depending on if you have them or not. S4 bumpers will be the same but they all have the headlight washers.

*****I sell in USD*****

Click here to read my seller feedback

B6 Avant GT2871R Motoza Tuned Aka the part hauler

B7 Sedan Stage II HPFP Aka the retrofitted queen

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post
    Need an Sline bumper, make sure you get one with or without headlight washers depending on if you have them or not. S4 bumpers will be the same but they all have the headlight washers.
    Im assuming you can add the blanks correct? Or is it something more fundamental?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Okedokey View Post
    Im assuming you can add the blanks correct? Or is it something more fundamental?
    Blanks?

My car without them does not have blanks, it simply doesn't have the cutouts for them, I don't believe you can blank them out unless you butchered the cover off them then glued those into place that would be blanks

Eric

Senior Member Three Rings Ashtonts's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I think he means that you can just put the covers over the washer holes even if the car is not equipped with them. Which I will confirm is possible as my car has a bumper with the cutouts glued in place, but no washers.

Now if your car does have washers and you try to install a bumper without the cutouts, then you'll probably run into issues unless you delete them.
    2005.5 A4 2.0T Brilliant Red | 6MT | Quattro | S-Line | K04 | DTM Skirts | DTM Rear | Recaro | ST Coilovers | Black Miro 111 19" | Carbonio | Maestro | S3 Injectors | IE Rods | JHM FMIC | Autotech HPFP | ECS Short Shifter | 034 Adj. UCAs | JHM Stg 2+ Clutch | CC + Joey Mod Bixenons | USP HFC | Custom Quad-tip Exhaust | S4 Brakes | RS4 Grille | Votex Spoiler | Shadowline Trim | LED Tails | A8 Rings | RNSe | 20% Window Tint

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1991 Toyota Mr2 Turbo

Are the rear valences interchangeable between B7 A4/S4sedan/avants and B7 A4/S4 cabs? I really like the look of the following valence but unsure if it will be impossible to fit on my sedan.

Veteran Member Four Rings vce1232000's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    83 MK1 GTI Callaway Turbo stg II
    Items for Sale

Anyone know what led bulb #'s are needed for the rear dome lite on the roof above the cargo area
    APR KO4, APR HPFP,RS4 LPFP Cntr,145 bar PRV, APR TP, TT DP, GFB DV+, AWE FMIC, BFI CC, AWE Exhaust, RS4 Exh tips, ST CO, 034 RSB,034 St Dnsty Mtr Mts, New Sth West Bst guage, B7 RS4 8 pot Calipers.Stop Tech slotted rotors.Goodridge SS brake lines frt & rr. Hawk HPS frt & rr. RS4 PS rack, RS4 Servotronic Relay,S6 19 inch rims. S4 mirror caps,RS4 Mesh Style Grill,LED tail lites
    S4 Recaro Front & Rear seats. Led Interior Kit,United LED's fog lites
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Tiptronic 6spd

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vce1232000 View Post
    Anyone know what led bulb #'s are needed for the rear dome lite on the roof above the cargo area
    No

But you can go to sylvanias website, hey have a bulb checker and it tells you what bulb size every bulb in your car is, if at first the list doesn't list the bulb you need check to make sure there isn't more than one model. Sometimes the list is set up weird but i find 100% of my bulbs there lol

Eric

AZ Member #

Are the rear valences interchangeable between B7 A4/S4sedan/avants and B7 A4/S4 cabs? I really like the look of the following valence but unsure if it will be impossible to fit on my sedan.

Idk but I hope someone answers this! That looks sick

Eric

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1991 Toyota Mr2 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by pezgoon View Post
    Idk but I hope someone answers this! That looks sick

Right? It's almost RS4ish!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1991 Toyota Mr2 Turbo

Sadly I found this from browsing the interwebs.... but for some reason I beg to differ. The rear valence looks too similar in shape and size :/

AZ Member #

Right? It's almost RS4ish!
    yep

Sadly I found this from browsing the interwebs.... but for some reason I beg to differ. The rear valence looks too similar in shape and size :/

I think we need some dimensions

Where do the cabrios hide around here lol

Also there's this now http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...d-all-Cabrio-s!

I may have had alittle bit too much fun writing the post though.... ah well

Could be a little drunk after last night stilll

Also from my searching that's not a stock rear valence

Last edited by pezgoon; 04-22-2017 at 05:26 AM.
    Eric

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A4 B6 Avant | A4 B7 Sedan
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Okedokey View Post
    If he doesnt have jets on his he can use one with them, he just wont have anywhere to connect them.

If he has them and the bumper doesnt, he just has to plug the pump hole and disconnect the power to it.

I actually like the jets, especially during winter when you get to a point where dirt water reduces the light output.

*****I sell in USD*****

Click here to read my seller feedback

B6 Avant GT2871R Motoza Tuned Aka the part hauler

B7 Sedan Stage II HPFP Aka the retrofitted queen

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Why does my climate control have a mind of its own? I'll turn the heat on and set the blower to exactly where I want it and then 10 minutes later I realize I'm sweating and I look down and the blower is several settings higher than where I set it. This has been an ongoing thing since I bought the car a month ago and it seriously aggravates me. Can anyone explain how to stop this from happening?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Went in yesterday to get a new replacement key bought from the dealer programmed for my 2005.5 A4
    The car was serviced there for the entirety of its life
    After 45 minutes the guy goes "I'm sorry, but the key works everything except for turning the car on"

I reply, yea the immobilizer that's why I'm here, because you're the only ones who can do it

I have to now go back Friday to have a master mechanic take a look into it.

Is it wrong for me to request a better explanation and an honest reason for why I should trust them to do any service or repairs in the future, when they can't even program a key?
    Or is this a reasonable response from the Audi service center?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

Quote Originally Posted by mfink94 View Post
    Went in yesterday to get a new replacement key bought from the dealer programmed for my 2005.5 A4
    The car was serviced there for the entirety of its life
    After 45 minutes the guy goes "I'm sorry, but the key works everything except for turning the car on"

I reply, yea the immobilizer that's why I'm here, because you're the only ones who can do it

I have to now go back Friday to have a master mechanic take a look into it.

Is it wrong for me to request a better explanation and an honest reason for why I should trust them to do any service or repairs in the future, when they can't even program a key?
    Or is this a reasonable response from the Audi service center?
    I think it's miscommunication. When you visited the dealer and bought the key fob did you meant you bought it from the parts department, then hop on over to service? If not, while you're having the car serviced surely it must of been mentioned about the key problem along during the writeup. So how could he missed that?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Miele S7

Quote Originally Posted by silver07b7 View Post
    Why does my climate control have a mind of its own? I'll turn the heat on and set the blower to exactly where I want it and then 10 minutes later I realize I'm sweating and I look down and the blower is several settings higher than where I set it. This has been an ongoing thing since I bought the car a month ago and it seriously aggravates me. Can anyone explain how to stop this from happening?
    Do you happen to have it on Auto or Econ mode?

Senior Member Three Rings klrider44's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by silver07b7 View Post
    I swear mine does the same thing, the temp stays put but the fan speed seems to do its own thing even when it's not on auto

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Do you happen to have it on Auto or Econ mode?
    No, it's definitely not on Auto or Econ mode. When I first started driving the car it was on Auto, so I turned it off (thinking this would fix the problem) but the problem persists.

Established Member Three Rings wjg22's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 Monster 750

My fuel level gauge has been pretty wonky for the past few weeks. I ran through the cluster test in vag com and all of the gauges swept from min to max and then to calibration positions, which indicated to me that the cluster was fine. So I replaced the in-tank fuel pump, and nothing changed. I tried to recalibrate to full with VagCom but for some reason when I adjust the level upwards from 128, the needle doesn't move at all.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I think it's miscommunication. When you visited the dealer and bought the key fob did you meant you bought it from the parts department, then hop on over to service? If not, while you're having the car serviced surely it must of been mentioned about the key problem along during the writeup. So how could he missed that?
    No you're correct. I bought it at parts and they drove the key over to the service department to program it to no avail.
    I was only at the dealer to have the spare key programmed not ready for a required service yet thankfully.

Established Member Three Rings tloft4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wjg22 View Post
    My fuel level gauge has been pretty wonky for the past few weeks. I ran through the cluster test in vag com and all of the gauges swept from min to max and then to calibration positions, which indicated to me that the cluster was fine. So I replaced the in-tank fuel pump, and nothing changed. I tried to recalibrate to full with VagCom but for some reason when I adjust the level upwards from 128, the needle doesn't move at all.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
    probably not the same but one of my fuel level sensors is broken and the needle wont go past 45% or so, range comp also never calculates for a full tank, but it also leaves the gas pump icon on top of the display showing error (im guessing)

Established Member Three Rings wjg22's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '01 Monster 750

Yeah I get the persistent gas pump icon with annoying beep too. I've heard that you might have to recalibrate the new level sensor when it's installed, but I can't seem to change the needle position with VagCom, despite the gauges testing procedure showing that it appears to be fully functional