Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 305 of 327 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315 ... LastLast
Results 12,161 to 12,200 of 13072
    Senior Member Three Rings A4_PimP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Questions you thought were too dumb to ask

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    This question starts on Tuesday. My gas light came on. I was lazy and planned to put gas the next morning. Overnight it was COLD like -30s. The next day when I started the car it was misfiring. I went to the gas station got some gas in a gas can. After I put it in the car I started up and after about 5 minutes the misfire was gone.
    I filled the tank and took a blast up the highway. I figured maybe condensation in the tank from the freezing temps and low gas in the tank. I havenít driven the car since Tuesday. I start it up today and I have this light on

I checked the DTCs and itís only registering a P0301(Cylinder 1 misfire). I checked the oil and I added like a quarter of a bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 Avant, 05 Silver S4 2.7t swap
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by A4_PimP View Post
    This question starts on Tuesday. My gas light came on. I was lazy and planned to put gas the next morning. Overnight it was COLD like -30s. The next day when I started the car it was misfiring. I went to the gas station got some gas in a gas can. After I put it in the car I started up and after about 5 minutes the misfire was gone.
    I filled the tank and took a blast up the highway. I figured maybe condensation in the tank from the freezing temps and low gas in the tank. I havenít driven the car since Tuesday. I start it up today and I have this light on

I checked the DTCs and itís only registering a P0301(Cylinder 1 misfire). I checked the oil and I added like a quarter of a bottle.

Pull the plug on cylinder 1. See what it looks like. Move the ignition coil to another cylinder and see if the misfire follows.

Senior Member Four Rings Okedokey's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So with the mini-ice age that just passed over the USA, what have you guys been doing to keep your cars alive and well?
    A4 B7 2.0T | HPFP upgrade + FMIC | BSR Stage II + exhaust + HFC | 3.0TFSI Throt. Body | RS4 fuel contr., PRV + S3 inj., G247 + DW300c | GFB DV+| 034 RSB + all arms and mounts | S4 brakes | B12 Bilstein suspension + H&R springs | RNS-E + Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + DB840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub | LEDs throughout | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims

My respray thread

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

So how important are the anti rattle clips on the front brakes? I canít get mine to stay on.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jbain2 View Post
    Pull the plug on cylinder 1. See what it looks like. Move the ignition coil to another cylinder and see if the misfire follows.

I don't have a misfire at least not one I can feel. I think the misfire code was before I put the gas. The car runs fine but I have the oil sensor light?

Veteran Member Four Rings tankdeer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

I don't have a misfire at least not one I can feel. I think the misfire code was before I put the gas. The car runs fine but I have the oil sensor light?
    Maybe it's just me but the first thing I would check would be the oil sensor.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Does anyone know if the wiring from the EVAP leak detection pump comes into the vehicle at an obvious spot in the trunk, changed mine out today as I had been getting a P2404 code. When I dropped the fender liner this fell out:

Not had a chance to drive the car yet, but hopeful that the CEL is gone. I could not see any entry points into the vehicle from the LDP side of things, other than where the wiring goes, but I also know mice can get through a tiny hole. Want to make sure they have not messed with anything inside that area in the trunk.

While down there as well I noticed the bump stops are destroyed on the ST coils. While I know bump stops can be replaced, what should the ST bump stops be replaced with?
    Last edited by naiku; 01-11-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    White Wagon
    MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12, Alpine PDX-V9 & PDX-F4, a few speakers here and there

Twitter/Instagram: IDFront

AZ Member #

[QUOTE=tankdeer;12886487]Maybe it's just me but the first thing I would check would be the oil sensor. [>_

from what Iím seeing online orange means it might be the sensor. Red means itís the oil pressure and is critical. My dad could check and replace the sensor but not until the weather is better. I saw someone else said orange might mean the oil screen might need to be cleaned or something. Iím just trying to figure out if I can wait until Spring or get it looked at now?
    Last edited by A4_PimP; 01-11-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Veteran Member Four Rings WillŽnskraft's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQ, 2007 Audi A4 2.0TQ

Quote Originally Posted by Okedokey View Post
    So with the mini-ice age that just passed over the USA, what have you guys been doing to keep your cars alive and well?
    Normal maintenance. Checking and refilling fluids, add air into tires, and scanning for any codes.
    "Beep beeeep bloop boop" - R2D2

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Also, has anyone ever drove on ice before? Either on a frozen lake or skating rink

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

I've driven on roads after freezing rain. Does that count?

Less fun than a frozen lake I'm sure

Veteran Member Four Rings i3oricua's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 A4; 2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Fdny5772 View Post
    So how important are the anti rattle clips on the front brakes? I canít get mine to stay on.
    If you donít want to hear your brakes rattle over every little bump then theyíre important. Just push them on hard and they pop into place.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tankdeer View Post
    I've driven on roads after freezing rain. Does that count?

Less fun than a frozen lake I'm sure
    Yes, and how did Quattro hold up?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by WillŽnskraft View Post
    Yes, and how did Quattro hold up?
    Well I wasn't romping on it (although I have done that in snow a number of times), and it holds up fine. No issues and plenty of grip with blizzaks

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '06 VW TOUAREG (V8), MTN Bike

CEL is lit after cold start but I think itís the same problem that I had. Want to check it out, got my VCDS cable but forgot my laptop!!! Anybody here in San Diego area that can help me out? Thanks!!!

I'M THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF '07 B7 A4 2.0T 6MT Q (62K): JHM 91 OCT STG 2 | CARBONIO INTAKE | 034 REAR SB | JHM TP | JHM DP-Y | B6 S4 CB

Senior Member Three Rings oVeRdOsE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 2pointOh View Post
    My vote is for the 911 as well. The others scream midlife crisis if bought a couple years old. The 911 just states good taste.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Personally I'm biased because I LOVE the Audi R8. If I won the lottery tomorrow I would buy an R8 over a Lambo, Ferrari or Bentley in a heartbeat. So my vote goes for the R8 but ofcourse it has to be in the budget. Who cares about a midlife crisis. The saying might be overused but you do only live once. So if you got the cash buy something you'll enjoy. Something that will make your heart skip a beat when it's washed, waxed and you're just standing there staring at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtonts View Post
    Agreed 100% also biased because I love the R8. If you can afford it, I think thatís an easy choice.

Not that there is anything wrong with the 911, though
    tks guys for the replies.

in deed the R8 is a nice car, but the 911 is way more accessible in awd and manual transmission.

we already saw few, tried a lambo, r8 and soon the 911.

unfortunatly its not for me, but for my dad. he's not so good with internet, so I do some searching for him for the more logical choice.

R8 v8 got one or the best engine from audi. But under 100k, spyder, manual ; its pretty rare.
    On the other side, a 911 , manual , cabrio, awd, under 100k, there's a ton...

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE View Post

in deed the R8 is a nice car, but the 911 is way more accessible in awd and manual transmission.

unfortunatly its not for me, but for my dad. he's not so good with internet, so I do some searching for him for the more logical choice.

R8 v8 got one or the best engine from audi. But under 100k, spyder, manual ; its pretty rare.
    Yeah I hear ya like I said the budget is king. Wanna see pictures when he gets the car :)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Having driven both a 6MT 911 (997 Carrera S, and therefore RWD), and a 4.2 6MT R8, I can say I would take the R8 any day. Both were great cars, but the R8 just felt way more special. Plus that gated shifter. .

I don't know about sypders but 4.2 R8 coupes regularly go for $70k-$80k, depending on the year.

Senior Member Three Rings tloft4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE View Post

tesla p90d. if he cant decide for himself, he wont go wrong there. and faster than all those choices

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Having driven both a 6MT 911 (997 Carrera S, and therefore RWD), and a 4.2 6MT R8, I can say I would take the R8 any day. Both were great cars, but the R8 just felt way more special. Plus that gated shifter. .

I don't know about sypders but 4.2 R8 coupes regularly go for $70k-$80k, depending on the year.
    You guy's surely live in La la land !
    https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/aud...upe-bodystyle/
    I'm envious
    Guten tag-Wolfgang's my name,I'm an Audi A4 B7 Q S-line with 6M in handsome avus silver complemented with Alzor 349's/Mich PS riding on Vogtland/Hypercoils,APR1 tune,USP cat/obx dp,034 bar/sd mounts,ceramic tint but hoping for more..
    Other Ride-Can't tell you my name because I'm pure stealth- Ford FG Turbo ​Ute in winter white (google me) tuned to 400hp,tuned ZF6HP26 trans,suspension and subtle aesthetic enhancements.Wolfie and I have never raced but I know who'd win !

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ringsby4 View Post
    You guy's surely live in La la land !
    https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/aud...upe-bodystyle/
    I'm envious
    Well $80k USD is about $101k AUD, plus you guys have higher average income than us, sooooo.

AZ Member #

Well $80k USD is about $101k AUD, plus you guys have higher average income than us, sooooo.
    Exchange rates are not how you work this out. The proper metric is puchasing power parity (PPP) and even this has issues with imported goods (e.g. cars) - transport and taxation increases overall cost over and above PPP.

Currently (2016 figures) the USD to AUD PPP is 1.486.

So overall for an Australian living in Australia to have the same 'lifestyle' as a person earning $80K in USA, the Australian needs to earn $120K.

That is because things are more expensive here, currently at about a rate twice that nominal USA rates.

Using the R8 example, $300,000 AUD car should cost just over $200,000 in USD in USA. What you guys are saying is, essentially it is more than half that, which supports the PPP calcs above.

I remember when I lived in USA, the cars that people had were amazing and then you think "they must be rich"... until you see what they cost lol.

Even today the average B7 is twice the nominal amount here. :(
    Last edited by Okedokey; 01-12-2018 at 10:53 PM.
    A4 B7 2.0T | HPFP upgrade + FMIC | BSR Stage II + exhaust + HFC | 3.0TFSI Throt. Body | RS4 fuel contr., PRV + S3 inj., G247 + DW300c | GFB DV+| 034 RSB + all arms and mounts | S4 brakes | B12 Bilstein suspension + H&R springs | RNS-E + Polk Audio PA D5000.5 - 4 x DB6502 + DB840DVC sub + Pioneer 10" sub | LEDs throughout | 19" Audi 2015 RS4 rims

My respray thread

Veteran Member Four Rings dalmation53's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

Low pressure regulator outside of specification. Looks like its suppose to be at 50% huh seems a little high...fuel filter maybe?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Audizine mobile app
    Ivan

Senior Member Three Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

Loud humming means bad bearing ?
    What else I can do, jack the car and spin the wheel and place hand on the suspension spring ?
    I have grinding noise when turning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Dondbg; 01-13-2018 at 01:16 AM.

Veteran Member Four Rings i3oricua's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 A4; 2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Dondbg View Post
    Loud humming means bad bearing ?
    What else I can do, jack the car and turn the wheel and place hand on the suspension spring ?
    I have grinding noise when turning.

Likely a bearing. You can jack the car up and push and pull and on the wheel. There should be relatively no play. Look up a video on it real quick and itíll show you an example of what I mean. Also, you should hear the noise most when you load up that wheel when turning. Meaning if your turning right youíre left wheel is loaded with the weight and you would hear it then and vice versa.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dalmation53 View Post
    Low pressure regulator outside of specification. Looks like its suppose to be at 50% huh seems a little high...fuel filter maybe?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Audizine mobile app
    Group 106
    [Go!]
    Field 2: Fuel Rail,Pressure (actual): 55% or below is normal at idle
    55% to 60% is a gray area, it may be okay, but may indicate a problem
    Above 60% implies there is a failure or restriction
    Causes of low pressure can include kinks or restrictions in fuel lines
    Fuel filter issues including restricted/clogged or incorrect part number
    Failing lift pump in fuel tank. We have seen numerous cases of sub-standard quality "factory" replacements in "factory boxes" that were obtained from aftermarket sources and are not sourced from official dealers. This led to troubleshooting problems that were solved by installing correct factory parts. We encourage customers to only install lift pump and fuel filter sourced directly from a VW/Audi dealer.
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...B/BPJ/BPY/BWA)

My respray thread

Veteran Member Four Rings dalmation53's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi A4 B7

damn nice find man. looks like i'll start with fuel filter.

55% to 60% is a gray area, it may be okay, but may indicate a problem
    Above 60% implies there is a failure or restriction
    Causes of low pressure can include kinks or restrictions in fuel lines
    Fuel filter issues including restricted/clogged or incorrect part number
    Failing lift pump in fuel tank. We have seen numerous cases of sub-standard quality "factory" replacements in "factory boxes" that were obtained from aftermarket sources and are not sourced from official dealers. This led to troubleshooting problems that were solved by installing correct factory parts. We encourage customers to only install lift pump and fuel filter sourced directly from a VW/Audi dealer.
    Ivan

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Is this a failing alternator pulley? My car started squealing (sounds like a belt squeal to me) as I released the accelerator about 25 minutes into my 30 min drive home. Sounded like an embarrassing old junker when pulling up to stop signs and would get worse as I idled and would go away as soon as gas was applied. I checked out the serpentine with engine running but was difficult to pin point the sound. The TB, water pump and serp belt were replaced a month ago.

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Okedokey View Post
    Business as usual for the most part. There were only 2 days that were so cold I refused to drive it.

AZ Member #

OK so since I posted the warning I got Iíve been staying at the inlaws. The car hasnít been driven since that day. This morning I go out and following instructions on Pelican Parts I pull fuse 5 which is supposed to be for the sensor. The fuse looked fine and when I started up after the warning was still there. I shut it off but 3-4 hours later when I started it up to clean the car off the warning is gone. I havenít scanned it yet for codes. I checked the oil again and it is at Max. Iíve got it on the charger and Iíll see if the warning comes back.

Now when I started it up and cleaned it off my shifter was completely frozen in place. Anyone had that happen before? The car had to run for about 30 minutes then I could move it normally. When I say frozen I mean completely rock solid.

Established Member Two Rings bigheadb7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

So can someone help me out. I have a set of amg monoblocks from my s55. I couldnít get them to fit my mk5 gti. Will I be able to fit them on my Audi? And what tires should I put on? Fronts are 18x8.5 et 45 rears are 18x9.5 et 44

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Four Rings Ashtonts's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone know anything about 034 adjustable control arms? My car came with a set installed and I rebuilt them over the summer (new joints and bushings) and I had my car in the shop recently and the guy tells me that one of the arms is bad and isnít staying seated in the spindle where the punch bolt is supposed to hold them in place.

Is this likely due to installation error? Either the pinch bolt not being tight enough or somehow the heim joint wasnít installed fully correctly into the arm itself? I find it unlikely that it has gone bad after only a little more than 3months (plus the reason I had the car in the shop is that I have a suspension clunk that has been there since around the same time I did the arms and havenít been able to resolve it; this mechanic is indicating this is the source, leading me to believe the arm would have had to have been bad the whole time itís been in the car).

Iím just really confused by this whole thing and im considering just ditching those arms altogether and putting in stock replacements, but the labor involved in doing so is a little more than I want to dish out right now.
    2005.5 A4 2.0T Brilliant Red | 6MT | Quattro | OEM DTM
    Go: K04 | Carbonio | Maestro | S3 Injectors | IE Rods | JHM FMIC | Autotech HPFP | ECS SS | JHM Clutch | USP HFC | Quad-tip Exhaust | S4 Brakes
    Show: Airlift Performance V2 | 18Ē Rial Daytona 2pc Wheels | Panda Recaros | RS Grille | OEM CF Trim | S4 Mirrors | Black Ext. Trim | Bixenons | LED Tails | A8 Rings | RNSe | 20% Tint | BFI Shift Knob | Shaved Reflectors | ECS Duckbill | Ziza LEDs

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2 CJ-7s. 1 restored, one in pieces.

How come people claim that beige leather seats will have a lower resale value?

Is this based on a fact or just conjecture?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgrip View Post

Probably just based on demand. As an owner of Tan/Beige interior swapping to Black. I donít think there are many looking to swap the other way.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Supply and demand. Most people want black interior. Beige seats therefore are going to be a harder sale, thus command a lower price.
    White Wagon
    MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12, Alpine PDX-V9 & PDX-F4, a few speakers here and there

Twitter/Instagram: IDFront

Established Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Based on years of us trading, buying and selling parts. Light seats get less because they are less desirable to a lot of people. Something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Senior Member Three Rings Dondbg's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MB w203

235/40 18 tyres on 8.5 18ís ET45 wheels, will it stretch or sit Nicely ?

And what if I went 245/40 ? Will it rub ? I have standard suspension but planning to install vogtland with 35mm / 1.34 inch drop all around

Last edited by Dondbg; 01-16-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Established Member Three Rings A4B7Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Camaro SS/RS 6M/T Maggie

On the stretchy side.

Most likely not, but do 245/35 instead which is closer to the original rolling circumference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dondbg View Post
    235/40 18 tyres on 8.5 18ís ET45 wheels, will it stretch or sit Nicely ?

And what if I went 245/40 ? Will it rub ? I have standard suspension but planning to install vogtland with 35mm / 1.34 inch drop all around

2008 A4 Avant SE Ibis White

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by A4B7Avant View Post
    On the stretchy side.

Most likely not, but do 245/35 instead which is closer to the original rolling circumference.
    Say what? 235/40/18 is the OEM size and not at all stretched on an 8.5" wide wheel.

Veteran Member Four Rings pAid4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Golf Clubs and Snowboards

The power in my front passenger Recaro stopped working, except for the heated seat. My son was moving it forward when it just stopped. I looked underneath it as best I could and everything looked plugged in??? It seems wierd to me that the seat heater still works, but none of the power functions....any ideas???
    -Nic

2008 Ibis White A4 Avant 2.0T S-line 6MT / 90K Miles / APR Stage II / 034 HFC / STaSIS Exhaust / Alcantara Recaros / 19x9.5 TSW's / Other Stuff

2013 Glacier White Q7 Prestige 3.0T S-line CPO / 70K Miles / Black Headliner / Sport Wheel / Sport Seats / Advanced Key / Navigation / Side Assist

Page 305 of 327 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315 ... LastLast