Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings gunsmoker's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 IS250

Torque specs for a rear sway bar install?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have the H&R rear sway bar on order. Anybody have the torque specs for the end links and the brackets?
    Also, should any of the bolts and the nuts be replaced?
    I see ECS Tuning has a kit for the front sway bar with the items that need to be replaced, but there is none for the rear.
    2011 A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT, Premium+, 18" Sport Package, Ice Silver, Light Grey, Dark Walnut, AWE Exhaust, STaSIS ECU Tune, Deval CF Splitter, aFe Pro Dry S Filter, ECode Turbo Inlet Hose, Alu Kreuz, Osir CF Valance, R8 Coil Packs, ECS Two-piece S4 Rotors, H&R Rear Sway Bar, 034 Trans Mount

Senior Member Four Rings auditd0rk's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post
    I have the H&R rear sway bar on order. Anybody have the torque specs for the end links and the brackets?
    Also, should any of the bolts and the nuts be replaced?
    I see ECS Tuning has a kit for the front sway bar with the items that need to be replaced, but there is none for the rear.
    Not sure on the torque settings, but I think the 4 triple-square bolts and the 2 end-link bolts need to be replaced since a 90-degree stretch is required after torquing them.

EDIT: From Eurocode's manual -- 29.5 ft/lb for the end-link bolts; 18.4 ft/lb for the triple-square bushing bolts. Each require a 90-degree stretch. It's for the EC sway and end-links, but I would imagine that's close for the H&R bar with the stock end-links.
    2012 A4 Quattro | CTS K04 Kit, HFC, and Catch Can | APR K04 v2.0 Tune and Carbonio Intake | AWE DP and Exhaust | Eurocode FMIC, Alu Kreuz, Sway Bars, and End Links | H&R Coilovers | SPC UCAs | Apikol Rear Diff Mount | 034 Transmission Mount Insert| BBS CH-R | GFB DV+ | StopTech ST-60 BBK

- flickr photostream -

Site Moderator Four Rings Stubek's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Honda Element SC
    Items for Sale

H&R manual will say. Mine is in the garage somewhere. Get new bolts. This is important because Audi says they are one time use bolts. The torque procedure is to torque to spec, then give 1/4 turn more to stretch them. For that reason, they should not be reused.
    If you get H&R, get yourself some new bolts. I did not and they came lose several times until I did.
    Kevin - Moderator, Audizine

2011 A4 Avant Meteor Grey/Black, Titanium Package, Prem+ Nav, B&O. Euro LED Tail Lights, Tint, LED license plate lights, LED interior lights, custom sub, lots of VAG updates, Eurocode Alu Kruez, Hotchkiss F/R Swaybars

Build thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ead?highlight=