Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1110 of 1110 FirstFirst ... 110610101010601100110811091110
Results 44,361 to 44,381 of 44381
    Active Member One Ring ChambazNY13's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiefman View Post
    Looking to get some help with my a3 so I want to join
    Welcome, what's up with the A3?

TSEuroTech
    TSEuroTech 2006 Audi A3 FSI

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Honestly I dont know but would love some help. Its not the biggest issue but I want to ID it before it becomes something major

Its an automatic, but whenever I'm in first gear and let off the gas (say going 5-10mph, then let off gas) the car wont coast normally, it feels as if theres briefly a breaking being applied, then it will go back to normal coasting - or it could do this weird "breaking" cycle a few more times before it decides to coast. It makes it feel like a judder when I coast in 1st gear. It happens in 2nd gear, but not as sever or as often. Other than that, the car drives totally fine.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ChambazNY13 View Post
    Welcome, what's up with the A3?

TSEuroTech
    Is this the right way to reply? idk

AZ Member #

You're good bud. Are you in S mode? Any kicks from the transmission? Any lights on the dash?

TSEuroTech

AZ Member #

When I put the car in Drive its pretty noticeable, but when I manually put it into first gear using the pedals on the steering wheel or the gear selector, its much more violent. I dont know if its transmission really, I think it could be. No check engine lights, all the other gears shift and perform just fine. its just mainly one and kinda two where this problem happens. I will accelerate to 5mph at around, idk, 1800 RPM. when I let of the gas instead of going 1800 > 1700 > 1600 rpm etc, it will go 1800 > hang at 1700, car jerks noticeably but not violently, then down to 1600 > 1500> rpm like it should

AZ Member #

When I put the car in Drive its pretty noticeable, but when I manually put it into first gear using the pedals on the steering wheel or the gear selector, its much more violent. I dont know if its transmission really, I think it could be. No check engine lights, all the other gears shift and perform just fine. its just mainly one and kinda two where this problem happens. I will accelerate to 5mph at around, idk, 1800 RPM. when I let of the gas instead of going 1800 > 1700 > 1600 rpm etc, it will go 1800 > hang at 1700, car jerks noticeably but not violently, then down to 1600 > 1500> rpm like it should
    Well my friend welcome to A3. The first and second gears on mine are pretty quick but depending on the year you you transmission may have DSG set up like mine. When you accelerate I am sure it takes off but when let off the gas you feel the car holding back and revving at high RPM until you slow to a stop, yes?

TSEuroTech

AZ Member #

Well my friend welcome to A3. The first and second gears on mine are pretty quick but depending on the year you you transmission may have DSG set up like mine. When you accelerate I am sure it takes off but when let off the gas you feel the car holding back and revving at high RPM until you slow to a stop, yes?

TSEuroTech
    What you described is accurate but this just feels way more violent than it should be. Accelerating up through 1 > 2 > 3 is no issues what so ever, its when im coming back down while coasting is when I get that issue. I dont know how to describe it, its almost like i suddenly drove through a 3 foot wall of jell-o, some sort of resistance when coasting, but that resistance passes with a jerk. want me to post a video of the Tach when this happens?

This also doesnt happen when its in neutral, only when the car is moving in gear

AZ Member #

What you described is accurate but this just feels way more violent than it should be. Accelerating up through 1 > 2 > 3 is no issues what so ever, its when im coming back down while coasting is when I get that issue. I dont know how to describe it, its almost like i suddenly drove through a 3 foot wall of jell-o, some sort of resistance when coasting, but that resistance passes with a jerk. want me to post a video of the Tach when this happens?

This also doesnt happen when its in neutral, only when the car is moving in gear
    Sure post the video. Let me see whats going on. What's the year and how many miles

TSEuroTech

AZ Member #

Hello. Im new here.
    Im exploring options on tracking an issue with my B5 A4. its a 2001 1.8t Q.
    Every few days it will crank but not start. Then i walk away for a couple of hours and it will start right up.
    It connects but gives me no codes. At first I was thinking Crank sensor but I replaced it seemed to work..but within 2 weeks it has failed me again.
    so now here I am...
    Anyone seen this before?

AZ Member #

Sure post the video. Let me see whats going on. What's the year and how many miles

TSEuroTech
    Okay so I just got back from a little drive around the neighborhood and many stop signs. I found that when coasting to the stop, in first or 2nd gear, until the RPM gets down to ~1100 the car will be coasting as if it has a little bit of resistance. When the car hits 1100RPM, it holds there for a second or two, then starts coasting again with no resistance, as if it were coasting in neutral. The change in "resistance when coasting" is what makes this lurch at ~1100 RPM - i think

Heres the video, dont worry both eyes on the road and 1 hand on wheel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-kYWfzgChg - in the video it happens at 0:11

We had an s4 cabrio and still have an S4 avant, and to me the a3 is so much more fun to drive - but this scares me because I dont want it to end up being some 2k$ transmission repair, or some 10k timing chain repair like the s4 cabrio needed (sold that sucker for the a3)]

Edit: looking at the other videos I took, the RPM might even go back up slightly when it hits 1100 rpm
    Edit: 2009 97k miles
    Last edited by Tiefman; Today at 02:14 PM.

AZ Member #

In my opinion, I would take this an Audi Dealer and pay for a diagnosis if you are that concerned about it. From what I see and hear in the video it's no different than 2006. It's almost like driving a stick if you ask me and that first is quick but when let off the gas she will pull back, almost like a downshift on manual transmission and you pop the clutch. If there is something wrong you would have a check engine light, however, like you some times I have been concerned and have taken it to the dealer or a trusted mechanic for a second opinion. I have had transmission issues before and they are quite noticeable compared to what I am seeing. But I would take it to get piece of mind. Cant put a price on that my friend. You can also get yourself and OBDeleven scan tool made for Android that will run you less and give you a really good snapshot of what's going wrong if there is anything wrong.

https://shopdap.com/store/vw-audi-sc...obdeleven.html

TSEuroTech

AZ Member #

In my opinion, I would take this an Audi Dealer and pay for a diagnosis if you are that concerned about it. From what I see and hear in the video it's no different than 2006. It's almost like driving a stick if you ask me and that first is quick but when let off the gas she will pull back, almost like a downshift on manual transmission and you pop the clutch. If there is something wrong you would have a check engine light, however, like you some times I have been concerned and have taken it to the dealer or a trusted mechanic for a second opinion. I have had transmission issues before and they are quite noticeable compared to what I am seeing. But I would take it to get piece of mind. Cant put a price on that my friend. You can also get yourself and OBDeleven scan tool made for Android that will run you less and give you a really good snapshot of what's going wrong if there is anything wrong.

https://shopdap.com/store/vw-audi-sc...obdeleven.html

TSEuroTech
    Yea, Ive been burned so hard by audi in the past with the s4 timing chain, I just wanna be super careful and have that piece of mind. Will probably take it to the mechanics anyway as this is a new used car still under warranty. Its probably something silly like some old transmission fluid. Thanks very much for your help my man

AZ Member #

Hey All,

Long time stalker here, finally signing up. Been using quattro in the PNW for about a decade now. Past and present cars:

1.8T A4 Sedan
    2.0T A4 Avant
    4.2 S4 Avant
    4.2 S4 Avant
    4.2 RS4 Sedan

AZ Member #

Hi,I just purchased a 2012 Audi A5 and looking to meet others people to ask questions. Is there anyone in the Sacramento Area?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gardner View Post
    Hi,I just purchased a 2012 Audi A5 and looking to meet others people to ask questions.
    Welcome Tom... Just let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to help enjoy your new ride

TSEuroTech

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by natekpdx View Post
    Hey All,

Long time stalker here, finally signing up. Been using quattro in the PNW for about a decade now. Past and present cars:

1.8T A4 Sedan
    2.0T A4 Avant
    4.2 S4 Avant
    4.2 S4 Avant
    4.2 RS4 Sedan
    That's awesome Nate. I have own an A6 Quattro and an A3. I keep them running so they tend stick around. But I am hoping to get a younger model soon

TSEuroTech

AZ Member #

been reading these forums for a few years now, just now making an account! looking forward to meeting new people that i havent already!

current car:

1999 mid facelift b5 a4 2.8 avant

Past cars:

2001 santorin blue 2.8 avant
    Platinum gray metallic Mk6 GLI
    Blue lagoon MK4 GLI

AZ Member #

Yea, Ive been burned so hard by audi in the past with the s4 timing chain, I just wanna be super careful and have that piece of mind. Will probably take it to the mechanics anyway as this is a new used car still under warranty. Its probably something silly like some old transmission fluid. Thanks very much for your help my man
    My pleasure Tie and just hit me up if you have any questions I will do my best to help

TSEuroTech

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by vaglove View Post
    been reading these forums for a few years now, just now making an account lol
    Lol yeah I have been on but not too active until recently. You know it's only when something is wrong with our cars that we stalk the forums.

TSEuroTech

AZ Member #

new to here, 2015 sq5

got questions in regards to tires

AZ Member #

yeah most definitely. usually just hit the search button to try and find help with weird problems here and there hahah. going to copy over a build thread i started and add it to the b5 group :)