Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1128 of 1128 FirstFirst ... 128628102810781118112611271128
Results 45,081 to 45,087 of 45087
    Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Cheers!

AZ Member #

New member and also new to Audi as well. From Fremont, California. My wife just got an Audi S3, 2016 [Glacier White over black interior prestige] over the weekend, so thought I would create an account for me to join in on the fun.

AZ Member #

Hi, everyone! Have been lurking for years but decided to actually join since I bought a B7 S4 a fee weeks ago.

AZ Member #

Hi everyone from Russia, Murmansk!

Have been reading audizine for 5 years, but decided to actually join only now)

I have A4 B7 2.0T [BPG] Tiptronic Avant quattro [K04] Stage 3

AZ Member #

Hi all, Audi aficionado from Switzerland here.

All the cars I've personally owned so far were Audis, tho I've driven quite a bunch of other ones, too. This spring, my first car -a brilliant black 2003 A4 B6 convertible (stick shift, 2.4ltr V6)- which I have bought used and owned for a bit over 4.5 years (or exactly 60000km), threatened not to pass the upcoming DMV inspection.

Sadly, I found myself to be in a bit of an Old Yeller situation. I very much liked that very first car of mine, and the only time it ever let me down was when the battery (not OE anymore) died on a cold winter's night. It absolutely and totally felt wrong selling it for, probably, scrap and I would be lucky to still get anything more than a grand for it, with it's 242000km "mileage".

It's ailments were quite numerous, to be honest: The rear window was in the (extremely slow going) process of falling off, the dual mass flywheel started acting up, one of the headlights started to go blind, and it's rather feeble 170hp Engine consumed oil at a rate of 1l per 1000km driven. I've since calculated that I spent roughly $1850 on oil while owning this car.

Due to all these problems, and because it didn't have quattro AWD and because the V6 engine was very reliable indeed, but quite lacking in power for such a heavy car, I decided to upgrade. Old Yeller ended up behind the barn and I bought myself a 2004 S4 B6 convertible instead!

I was wary of the chain rattle issue, and had the car checked by a mech before I bought it, and it checked out ok. Was also pretty much fun to drive - Until after about 1000km, when the car I bought turned out to be a total, utter, fucking super-uber-lemon!

Long story short, I ended up getting the engine, the clutch, the hydraulic stuff for the clutch, the flywheel and the hydraulic/servo pump replaced and learned a goddamn lot about cars. Especially about this bitch princess S4 of mine. I've begun fixing some of the other (yes, there's more) broken stuff myself. I've become so damn good at this shit, I even fixed the mysterious "woo-woo" and "popcorn" sounds-on-coldstart issue that affected my B6 (before and after a B7 engine was put in it) and seems to confuse half of the US with this car. Hint: It's NOT a feature...

So anyway, a small fortune spent, I'm here with a beautiful, stock S4 B6 convertible in ebony black, with black nappa seats, stick shift and a still mostly virgin BHF engine under the hood that hardly logged 3600Km so far - which I suspect to be a quite unique thing, overall.

She's mostly flawless now, a very fine car!
    Last edited by niston; Today at 01:39 PM.

AZ Member #

Hello, just joined!

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Hello, new here also.