Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Active Member Two Rings chrcowan's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

2013 Stasis S4 vs. Ferrari, GTR, Viper, Mustang, ZO6, GT3

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I bought a 2013 Stasis S4 from someone on this forum and I just wanted to share my impressions of the speed. After my GTR I decided that I really didn't need to be the fastest anymore, but I still wanted something quick. I decided to get a S4 after I found out how easy they were to mod, so I found one all done up (tune, exhaust, suspension) and I was ready to roll. Anyways, after running around with a lot of other car buddies this weekend we've all come to the conclusion that this Audi is F-ing FAST! Here are some examples....Ferrari F430 is faster, but not by much. Nissan GTR is way faster....lol, but then again, it's faster than everything. Viper and Corvette ZO6 are definitely faster 60-120, but again, not by as much as we all thought. From a roll, it's way easier to get the S4 going. I bought the car because I wanted a manual, so I don't have the benefit of launch control (like i had in the GTR), but it doesn't really seem to matter. There is a lot of grip and not too much power that you have to worry about overwhelming the tires (like I did in the Viper). Porsche GT3 and the Audi are about even, although we know on the track it would be a different story. 2013 Mustang and S4 were even as well. Crazy considering how much more the Audi weighs. In the real world, there doesn't seem to be much difference in terms speed. Way to go Audi!
    2013 Stasis S4, 2013 Nissan GTR (sold), 2008 Dodge Viper (sold). Organizer of Northern Virginia Sports Car Club (www.novascc.com)

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Awesome!

Veteran Member Four Rings adbender's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Q5 2.0 premium plus/Maserati is the old man's

wow...good to know you can step down from a GTR to a S4 and still be happy.
    2010 S4|Phantom Black|6MT|ADS|Sport Diff|Nav|B&O|Carbon Atlas
    APR stage II+ v2.3, RSC Exhaust, Carbonio Stage II|Eurocode LW Flywheel, Stage III Clutch, Short Shifter, Sways, Endlinks, Alu Kreuz|Apikol Rear Diff Mount|034 Transmission Mount|KW H.A.S.|Stoptech ST-60, Street Performance pads, SS brake lines, STR-600|Michelin PSS on BBS CH-R 19x8.5 et40, PFS 5mm|Michelin PA4 on Gunmetal Peelers (winter)|RS4 Grill|RS5 Pedal set|30% Tint|oCarbon Dash|Osir D-Trim|SC badges|VAG-COMs

Senior Member Four Rings S4 00 2.7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good writeup.

| Autospeed | tt downpipes | FSI coils | Rear anti-sway bar | metal end links | AWE | UUC | ST | JHM | Pure MS | 034

2003 Z06 blk/blk (Sold)

operation #savejauri, please send monies

Veteran Member Four Rings Wusty's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi S4, Land Rover LR4

Nice to hear.
    2014 AUDI S4 - ESTORIL BLUE

Senior Member Three Rings S4charged's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I also stepped down from a GTR after my wife got pregnant unexpectedly. A fully modded B8 keeps me pretty content. Although my old stock 2010 GTR is still significantly quicker. 2 different animals, both awesome in different ways!
    Ibis White - 6MT
    APR Stage 2+ / Eurocode Headers / End Links / Sway Bars / Alu Kruez / Short Shifter /
    Milltek RESONATED. Carbon Tips / Stratmosphere Intake / H&R SS / RS4 Grill / VAG Mods

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Everyone was amazed that I sold the GTR, but after you fly around everywhere...take every turn at 70 mph...launch it a few times...it was kinda boring. Not that I minded that it could be boring...I wanted something to daily, but in the end it was too much $$$$ for a really fast daily driver. I'm loving the S4 though and glad to be a part of this community. You guys rock.

Quick pick from Sunday lunch
    2013 Stasis S4, 2013 Nissan GTR (sold), 2008 Dodge Viper (sold). Organizer of Northern Virginia Sports Car Club (www.novascc.com)

Established Member Two Rings bergaler's Avatar
    AZ Member #

that pic is epic
    Ibis White B8.5

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi S4, Land Rover LR4

If I so all of those cars parked in a row on the street.....

Senior Member Four Rings thedollardoctor's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Now imagine what a Stage II with DSG tuned 2013 S4 can do in the same group :-)

Couldn't agree more OP, this car is very respectable for what it is! And for ME, it's the perfect daily driver in any weather conditions.
    2013 Audi S4 | Ice Silver | DSG | GIAC/AWE Stage II with DSG Tune | Roc Euro Intake | AWE Full Exhaust w/ Resonated DPs | VMR V713 19x9.5 et45 Matte Black | H&R OE Sport Springs | USS Sway Bars and End Links | Alu Kreuz | Color Coded Custom Painted Headlights and Emblems by ONEighty Customs | RS4 Style Honeycomb Grille by ECS

Senior Member Three Rings pandi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Wusty View Post
    If I so all of those cars parked in a row on the street.....
    During our cross-country drive we followed these 3 for 20 min. in New Mexico. My wife took crappy pics but you get the idea..

Last edited by pandi; 08-26-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Established Member Two Rings Gromit's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Porsche Boxster

^^^ So she won't let you go to the track, but she'll let you hit 124 on the highway?!? If I were you I'd leverage that to explain that being on a track is WAY safer and that she should totally get behind you getting out there ;-)
    2013 S4 | Phantom Black | Prestige | DSG | Sports Diff | Black Nappa | Carbon Inlays | SC Badges |
    Prestige PPF | Prestige Photosync Tint, 55% | Opti-Coat Pro |
    Alu Kruez | Eurocode USS front/rear sways | Eurocode end links | StopTech SS lines | Motul RBF 600 |

Senior Member Three Rings pandi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    ^^^ So she won't let you go to the track, but she'll let you hit 124 on the highway?!? If I were you I'd leverage that to explain that being on a track is WAY safer and that she should totally get behind you getting out there ;-)
    Where the hell have you been? Took a hiatus from the forum? I never said I was driving. I just took the pic.. winky wink.

Established Member Two Rings Gromit's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Porsche Boxster

Quote Originally Posted by pandi View Post
    Where the hell have you been? Took a hiatus from the forum? I never said I was driving. I just took the pic.. winky wink.
    Crazy, crazy summer. Still not out of the woods yet. It may be 2014 before I can really focus on cars again. Have been taking a look periodically just to see what I'm missing. Clearly a lot. Especially things like all the westwest hatin' over in the M3 thread!
    2013 S4 | Phantom Black | Prestige | DSG | Sports Diff | Black Nappa | Carbon Inlays | SC Badges |
    Prestige PPF | Prestige Photosync Tint, 55% | Opti-Coat Pro |
    Alu Kruez | Eurocode USS front/rear sways | Eurocode end links | StopTech SS lines | Motul RBF 600 |

Established Member Two Rings Luna's S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Good story. Laughing about the easy to mod comment, as I await delivery of the new suspension kit. First track session was a gift from my wife. Great time but decided the S4 was my daily driver and would keep it stock. Then signed up for our second track event and had the ECU flashed, bought a helmet and ordered the suspension parts. This is will be all the mods we do. For now.
    2011 S4 Prestige * Quartz Gray Metallic * DSG * Revo Tune * Stasis () Challenge Suspension w/ Ohlins Dampers () w/ Swapped out H&R Rear Sway * AP Racing BBK

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

The tunability of forced induction engines is just crazy. Obviously there are some limits without forged internals, but hey....for normal everyday driving, the S4 is everything I need. Just have to work on the aesthetics a bit, but I'll share that once I get all the parts in and installed.

Until then, if anyone here is in the Northern VA, MD, DC, PA area, let me know. We do tons of fun runs and events and I'd love to have more Audis around.

Last edited by chrcowan; 08-27-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Account Terminated Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by chrcowan View Post
    Porsche GT3 and the Audi are about even, although we know on the track it would be a different story.
    I'm not quite understanding what you mean here. My REVO S4 6MT is essentially the same as your Stasis S4 6MT. A base Carrera and an S4 are about even. A Carrera S creams an S4 every day of the week. GT3, Turbo and the gang of other supercars you mention do this in EVERY situation including track:

[7 minutes, 44 seconds]

Registered Member Four Rings Auditude2.0T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by westwest888 View Post
    I'm not quite understanding what you mean here. My REVO S4 6MT is essentially the same as your Stasis S4 6MT. A base Carrera and an S4 are about even. A Carrera S creams an S4 every day of the week. GT3, Turbo and the gang of other supercars you mention do this in EVERY situation including track:

[7 minutes, 44 seconds]

That's because your car sucks and you shift like a grandma

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Auditude2.0T View Post
    That was some slow shifting, wasn't it?

I kept wanting to press the x button to go faster.

AZ Member #

Lol

| Autospeed | tt downpipes | FSI coils | Rear anti-sway bar | metal end links | AWE | UUC | ST | JHM | Pure MS | 034

2003 Z06 blk/blk (Sold)

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

According to Car and Driver the 2010 GT3 with a professional driver..

1/4: 12.1@118
    0-60: 3.8s
    0-100: 8.8s
    60-130: 10.9s

My S4 with GIAC Stage 2 on pump 93 via Atco and Pbox

1/4 mile: 12.1@116
    0-60: 3.7s
    0-100: 8.9s
    60-130: 11.0s

Race gas:

1/4 mile: 11.8@118
    0-60: 3.5s
    0-100: 8.6s
    60-130: 10.6s

Registered Member Four Rings Okan509's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

lulz, yes!
    (Alex) Mod Thread- 2013 S4 - 6MT

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by s4buckeye View Post
    Yeah, but that's a q-mile, straight line with AWD comparo where your car is undoubtedly fast. On a track the stock GT3 will do to any modded S4 what you saw happen to West every time. 500 pounds less @ 475 hp with that balance and suspension? Not even close other than maybe on the straights for a second here and there.

The Chariot may be racecar, but the GT3 is a race car.
    Were talking straight line performance not on a track lol.. obviously a gt3 is faster around the track.lol

Veteran Member Four Rings s4buckeye's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C63 AMG P31, E93 M3, Yukon XL

Race gas:

Yeah, but that's a q-mile, straight line with AWD comparo where your car is undoubtedly fast. On a track the stock GT3 will do to any modded S4 what you saw happen to West every time. 700 pounds less @ 475 hp (2014 models as to each) with that balance and suspension? Not even close other than maybe on the straights for a second here and there.

The Chariot may be racecar, but the GT3 is a race car.

Were talking straight line performance not on a track lol.. obviously a gt3 is faster around the track.lol
    I know you were, but griefing him for getting clowned on the track is not the same as it would be for the 1/4 mile. I think he missed that in the OP.
    *** It has never been "my bad" ***

"While the BMW M3 was shopping for a new polo shirt at J. Crew and the Audi RS4 was home studying for its SATs, the Mercedes C63 AMG was the car that was hanging out under the bleachers smoking cigarettes and trying to hook up with all the cheerleaders." - Travis Okulski

Senior Member Four Rings VeryBadman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 BMW 228i

Good write up. Funny that you stepped down from GTR to S4 for an ease of driving something everyday while I have seen another thread in S6 forum about a guy had stepped down from GTR to S6 and stepped back up to GTR again because he liked an everyday video game feeling in a GTR.
    2014 Audi RS7, Suzuka Gray, 21" Titanium Blade Wheels, Sport Exhaust, Carbon inlay, Carbon Optic, Innovation, B&O, VAG mods
    2014 BMW 228i, Melbourne Red, Sport Package, Lightning Package, M-Sport steering wheel
    Gone: 2013 Audi S6, 2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2011 Audi S4, 2008 Audi A4, 2008 Subaru Legacy

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBadman View Post
    Good write up. Funny that you stepped down from GTR to S4 for an ease of driving something everyday while I have seen another thread in S6 forum about a guy had stepped down from GTR to S6 and stepped back up to GTR again because he liked an everyday video game feeling in a GTR.
    Yeah the S6 is currently my favorite car. Just don't feel the need to get one yet since I love having the 6 speed in my s4, but for everyday, the s6 is the baddest machine out there IMO. Nothing against the GTR at all. It's a beast, it just doesn't work as well as pick-up client at airport, take co-workers out to lunch, type of situations.

As far as my speed comment, I'm just saying that in the real world a tuned S4 can basically hang with most street cars. At least enough not to be embarrassed. Tested 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are usually done with really good drivers who are pushing the car to the limit to squeeze out it's maximum performance. I learned earlier on that the Viper was fast, but the amount of work and skill needed to make it go fast meant that I really needed to focus to win a race. The GTR on the other hand, was a little faster in 1/4 mile on paper, but the big difference wasn't the number itself, but how easy it was to access that speed. So, in the real world, the GTR was WAY faster than the Viper because I didn't have to worry about flooring it. Solid driving dynamics => driver confidence => willingness to push harder => car is faster. That's all I'm saying.

Even with my louder exhaust, the S4 doesn't really seem to be working that hard and yet it keeps up. This is partially because the other drivers are not pushing their cars to the max (like I am!), they might think, "well it's only a S4..." so they might only give it 8/10s. On the other hand, I'm pushing 10/10s and keeping up or passing them in some situations. I've come to the conclusion that a half second (.50) difference in stated 0-60 time is basically just error rate. Any two cars that are within .50 second of each other could easily trade finishes in an actual race. After that it becomes a little more predictable.

In my real world experience with my S4 and a HUGE list of other sportscars/exotics that I've raced against...I'm just saying that we have all been very impressed with the speed. :)

I don't usually take pics but here is another one from a quick stop to a local frozen yogurt shop that you might like. (2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia, 2013 Mercedes C63, 2008 Corvette ZO6, 2009 Ferrari 599 GTB, 2013 Audi S4)

I've also had a lot of experience driving (and driving with...) Porsche GT3s. They are the business for sure. I would never suggest that the S4 is a "better" car than a GT3. This is a shot of me in my old Viper leading two GT3s on a drive.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi S4, Land Rover LR4

^^You've got cool friends with cool cars.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Everyone was amazed that I sold the GTR, but after you fly around everywhere...take every turn at 70 mph...launch it a few times...it was kinda boring. Not that I minded that it could be boring...I wanted something to daily, but in the end it was too much $$$$ for a really fast daily driver. I'm loving the S4 though and glad to be a part of this community. You guys rock.

WTF?? Thats awesome.

AZ Member #

Eating Lucky Charms.. Lol

I like 'em too!

2003 Z06 blk/blk (Sold)

AZ Member #

Very mature comments from you as always. Your parents raised a child when they should have been raising an adult. You should move out.

That is the slowest turn at Laguna - turn 11. Some cars do it in second. It's basically like stopping your car, pointing it in a straight line, and accelerating with all you've got. It's the closest thing to street driving. I'm not sure why that Turbo supercar was faster than me because Audizine said...

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Very mature comments from you as always. Your parents raised a child when they should have been raising an adult. You should move out.

That is the slowest turn at Laguna - turn 11. Some cars do it in second. It's basically like stopping your car, pointing it in a straight line, and accelerating with all you've got. It's the closest thing to street driving. I'm not sure why that Turbo supercar was faster than me because Audizine said...

Were talking straight line performance who the fuck brought up a race track. The S4 is far from a track car.

Atleast I'm sane. You my friend have issues, have fun with your Revo ticking time bomb 106mph trap S4.

Senior Member Four Rings VeryBadman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 BMW 228i

Yeah the S6 is currently my favorite car. Just don't feel the need to get one yet since I love having the 6 speed in my s4, but for everyday, the s6 is the baddest machine out there IMO. Nothing against the GTR at all. It's a beast, it just doesn't work as well as pick-up client at airport, take co-workers out to lunch, type of situations.
    Actually I'm not driving the S6 everyday except this week that I took it down to San Diego for fun + work but I can tell you that you will love it. It's very comfortable to sit in and drive just like what you should expect from a mid size luxury sedan but it's no slouch when you want to go a bit crazy. I would say S6 is very agile for its size. Of course it cannot go against the GTR in term of performance but the blend of luxury and performance is perfect.
    2014 Audi RS7, Suzuka Gray, 21" Titanium Blade Wheels, Sport Exhaust, Carbon inlay, Carbon Optic, Innovation, B&O, VAG mods
    2014 BMW 228i, Melbourne Red, Sport Package, Lightning Package, M-Sport steering wheel
    Gone: 2013 Audi S6, 2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2011 Audi S4, 2008 Audi A4, 2008 Subaru Legacy

Veteran Member Four Rings 100Daily's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Wow, nice Jetta!
    2013 S4, 6-Speed Manual, Prestige Package, Sport Differential, Fine Nappa Leather, Side Assist, Stage 1 STaSIS, SS Brake Lines

Gone But Not Forgotten: 2008 A5 3.2 ---- 2005.5 A4 2.0T ---- 1993 90S 2.8

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 VW GTI 4dr, '14 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Items for Sale

Very nice in comparison to the latest generation. Those cars are shit.
    Mops @ Nemesis Autosport

DEVAL / AWE / H&R / BC FORGED / AG WHEELS / MILLTEK / BILSTEIN / STOPTECH / BBS / BREMBO / AP RACING / VOSSEN / CONCEPT ONE / EUROTEK and more.
    build thread
    email | facebook | flickr | instagram

Use code "Mops10" for 10% off your Adams Polishes order!

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Race gas:

You seem to be quite proud of your car...

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by S4 00 2.7 View Post
    Eating Lucky Charms.. Lol

I like 'em too!
    Exactly! Lucky charms with fro yo! AMazing!

AZ Member #

I'm not sure why that Turbo supercar was faster than me because Audizine said...
    GT3 isn't turbocharged bud.
    2011 S4 Sprint Blue 6MT Ti - GIAC Stage 2 - AWE exhaust - Roc Euro intake - strat short shifter
    12.83@107.3mph 1.85 60' (stock)
    ????@????mph (stage 2)

2003 350Z @ 14.5psi (built and tuned myself)
    10.96@127mph 1.58 60'

On Ignore: s4buckeye
    Don't feed the troll

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 VW GTI 4dr, '14 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Vogz View Post
    GT3 isn't turbocharged bud.
    Geez
    Mops @ Nemesis Autosport

DEVAL / AWE / H&R / BC FORGED / AG WHEELS / MILLTEK / BILSTEIN / STOPTECH / BBS / BREMBO / AP RACING / VOSSEN / CONCEPT ONE / EUROTEK and more.
    build thread
    email | facebook | flickr | instagram

Use code "Mops10" for 10% off your Adams Polishes order!

AZ Member #

That was a Turbo S in that particular clip, but there was 3 of them. A 997 Turbo, a 997 Turbo S in pink driven by this cool lady, and a GT3 RS. You guys are jokers if you think the S4 is anywhere close to those $175k cars, straight line or twisty.

My video is a straight part of the track, so it's close to what you street racing punks are used to. Literally the fastest you can enter the straight is 45 mph. It was quite clear to all that I wasn't even in the same race.

I don't know why everyone is wetting themselves about 4 sports cars in Ballston, Virginia. Snowden and the gang got back from some contractor mission in the middle east to fix Sharepoint installations and bought a bunch of cars they can't really afford. That's what it looks like to me.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

That was a Turbo S in that particular clip, but there was 3 of them. A 997 Turbo, a 997 Turbo S in pink driven by this cool lady, and a GT3 RS. You guys are jokers if you think the S4 is anywhere close to those $175k cars, straight line or twisty.

My video is a straight part of the track, so it's close to what you street racing punks are used to. Literally the fastest you can enter the straight is 45 mph. It was quite clear to all that I wasn't even in the same race.

I don't know why everyone is wetting themselves about 4 sports cars in Ballston, Virginia. Snowden and the gang got back from some contractor mission in the middle east to fix Sharepoint installations and bought a bunch of cars they can't really afford. That's what it looks like to me.
    You have issues, I can present you with countless straightline data to prove to you the ladder but because your car is a dog and can't even run stock S4 numbers you think all S4's are created equal. Just looking out of acceleration numbers I would put bus-lengths on your car with my car so yours is far from the ideal S4.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast