Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings 1flossedS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 Ibis S4 / Nissan GT-R

Does TrueCar Work?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Has anyone used this? My local dealer will only discount 500 off MSRP on a new 2014 S4..

With Truecar I can get almost $2500 off msrp.

Just wondering if this was a scam site or not..

Veteran Member Four Rings TofuShop's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Fancy Jetta
    Items for Sale

My cousin got his Altima on Truecar. They set him up w/ a dealer willing to work with their advertised price.
    HUGE PART OUT SALE!
    APR k04, EuroCode FMIC, Milltek downpipe/quadtip exhaust, Forge DV spacer, B8 S-Line knob, Apikol solid diff bushing, Bastuck quadtip valence, OEM black sport grille, GMG towhook plate holder, Votex sideskirts, Votex rear guards, A4L fog covers, KW V1, H&R SS springs, KW HAS, Work VS-XX
    Click Me

Senior Member Four Rings AWDLover's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My GF just recently got a VW Tiguan and we used Truecar.

Best thing to do is run the TrueCar and work with the "certified truecar" dealerships internet departments. Once you get quotes from the truecar dealers, contact more dealerships and let them compete against each others quotes. We were able to get a much better deal than even truecar listed.

I have found that it is to your benefit to work directly with dealer's internet departments. When you just go in and see a normal salesman, they always start out high and you have to work much harder to get them down...

Established Member Three Rings LakeShow's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Are the 2014's even out yet?
    2013|S4|Carbon Atlas|MMI 3G+NAV|Supercharged Badges|3M 35% Tint|Gloss Powdercoated Peelers|AWE Tuning 102MM|Roc-Euro|Vag-Com'd|
    2014|C63 AMG 507|

IG: _LakeShow_

Active Member One Ring Duarte54's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Does TrueCar Work?

I did start my buying experience on true car when I bought my 13 S4, however, the dealers willing to give me the best deal were outside of my state. So, I tried and went to the Audi.com web site, built the exact car I wanted and entered the price I was willing to pay ($300 over invoice). Got a call 2 hours later stating that my local dealer was willing to accept the offer :). Went to my dealer a few days later, placed the order and 2 1/2 later my new S4 was sitting on my driveway... No hassle what so ever from my local dealer.
    2013 S4 - Ibis with black and Red interior, Carbon, MMI, 6MT, RD, 20" Ti wheels

Senior Member Three Rings s4nAri's Avatar
    AZ Member #

They might be holding out for more since you are tying to get a 2014 which are not out yet (I don't think). If that is the case then you should have a better chance of getting a discount on a new '13.
    Many paid $500-$1000 over invoice (BEFORE figuring in loyalty and Audi club discounts (another $1,500-$2000 off).

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 Ibis S4 / Nissan GT-R

How do i find out invoice again?

Senior Member Three Rings Dr Chill's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just send emails to every dealer within 150 miles of you offering $500 over invoice on a 2014 order. One will take your offer.

Truecar works well for some cars and not for others and depends on the dealerships in your area that use the service.
    2012 S4 DSG (son)Build Thread
    2014 S6 DSG (wife)
    2012 MB C63 Coupe (me)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 Ibis S4 / Nissan GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
    Just send emails to every dealer within 150 miles of you offering $500 over invoice on a 2014 order. One will take your offer.

Truecar works well for some cars and not for others and depends on the dealerships in your area that use the service.
    Just fired off to emails to 6 dealers in a 200 mile radius.. lets see what happens.

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Bought a 2013 Honda Fit through TRUECar saving $2500, my local dealer not certified by TRUECar wouldn't budge $1, couldn't believe it. TRUECar is Awesome, and I highly recommend their services.