Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Q5 specific VCDS questions

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So, inspired by the "complete list" (which should be made sticky, BTW), I took time today to make a few VCDS modifications. I was successful with the needle sweep & rear DRLs ... but remain confused regarding enabling the "hidden menu" ...

The instructions for the hidden menu are:
    Enable Hidden menu in MMI
    [5F - Information Electr.]
    [Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 6
    change 0 to 1
    ... however, I do not see the module [5F - Information Electr.] ... but rather [05-Acc/Start Auth.] ... (oops! cannot attach screen grab, but it would have been a grab of the installed selectable control modules)

Also, I wanted to investigate whether I had the correct ABS hardware for enabling the "tire pressure monitoring system" (TPMS). But first, I wanted to find the sticker that would have indicated which ABS hardware was installed in my Canadian 2013 Q5 Premium+, w/o NAV ... '1AT' or '1AS'. The AudiEnthusiasts' instructions implied it would be in the boot's wheel well, but I couldn't find it in the rear, in any of the rear compartments, nor under the hood(?)

Please advise ...

TIA ... and cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula

Senior Member Three Rings spijun's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

[5F - Information Electr.] Hidden menu in MMI Navi Plus 3G - only for navigation equipped cars

Try codes to find in your manual for maintenance, there is a sticker with the data

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by spijun View Post
    [5F - Information Electr.] Hidden menu in MMI Navi Plus 3G - only for navigation equipped cars
    Thanks for your response spijun ... but it wasn't what I wanted to hear. I believe I had actually read that somewhere, but hadn't yet found a reference to it in "The Complete List". In fact, I had found others asking the specific question, to be answered with "MMI is MMI". Well ... there ya go ...

Try codes to find in your manual for maintenance, there is a sticker with the data
    I'll take a look, although it's moot point now ... no "hidden menu", no "TPMS". It seems that more than half the possible VCDS mods require the hidden menu -- am I correct in believing there's no way around the mods that imply the hidden menu is necessary?

Cheerios from the Avalon :)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

Quote Originally Posted by rarewolf View Post
    Thanks for your response spijun ... but it wasn't what I wanted to hear. I believe I had actually read that somewhere, but hadn't yet found a reference to it in "The Complete List". In fact, I had found others asking the specific question, to be answered with "MMI is MMI". Well ... there ya go ...

I'll take a look, although it's moot point now ... no "hidden menu", no "TPMS". It seems that more than half the possible VCDS mods require the hidden menu -- am I correct in believing there's no way around the mods that imply the hidden menu is necessary?

Cheerios from the Avalon :)
    You do not need a hidden menu for TPMS
    I do not have MMI Navi Plus 3G, and I have enabled TPMS

Enable the TPMS MMI item (the menu item will be greyed out - disabled for now):
    MMI basic (non-MMI 3G-2G) only for symphony/concert radio:
    [56 - Radio]
    [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 8 Bit 6 0 to 1

Continue to follow the procedure from Step 1 Enable ABS Brake controller:
    http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagComABS.html
    or
    http://www.audigh.com/vag-com

Good luck

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

You do not need a hidden menu for TPMS
    I do not have MMI Navi Plus 3G, and I have enabled TPMS

Good luck

That's good to hear!! ... especially because, contrary to what my Canadian dealer told me, my Q5 is equipped with the '1AT' ABS sensors

I didn't have many more mods in mind, but I can think of one other that implied requiring the 'hidden menu' ... that was enabling the "ambient floor lighting"(?)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

That's good to hear!! ... especially because, contrary to what my Canadian dealer told me, my Q5 is equipped with the '1AT' ABS sensors

I didn't have many more mods in mind, but I can think of one other that implied requiring the 'hidden menu' ... that was enabling the "ambient floor lighting"(?)
    Again you mention hidden menu. Why????

Enable Adjustable Ambiance/Background lighting (Foot Lighting)
    There are two stages to this, one is enabling the Ambiance lighting and the second is activating the menu to control the brightness.
    Step One: Enable Ambiance Lighting.
    [09 – Cent. Elect.]
    [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 16 Bit 6 - Set this bit manually to “1” - (1 = active)
    Step Two: Enabling the MMI Menu
    MMI Basic (Symphony/Concert radio) - (NON-MMI - 2G/3G):
    Code:
    [56 - Radio]
    [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 8 Bit 7 - Interior Light Settings active - (1 = active)

Of course, this function works if you have Ambiance/Background lighting (Foot Lighting)

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Again you mention hidden menu. Why??
    I am a n00b ... what can I say??

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

I am a n00b ... what can I say??
    Ok no problem, you use coding for MMI Basic Symphony / Concert radio - (NON-MMI - 2G/3G - without navigation)

Exist: MMI Basic(radio), MMI 2G(first generation), 3G MMI plus(latest-generation navigation)
    Last edited by spijun; 05-19-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Established Member Two Rings Scott Evil's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 Tiguan 1987 944 Turbo

I must be missing something, I have enabled the hidden menu on my Q5 (MMI equipped), however to access the menu audienthusiast.com suggests holding down the car and setup buttons for 6 seconds. The problem is that there is not a setup button on the console. How do I access the menu?
    2014 Q5 2.0T P+ Moonlight Blue

SOLD:
    2012 Golf R 4dr
    2008 2.0TQuattro Dolphin Gray
    2005.5 A4 2.0TQMS Fun car, but I don't miss it so much
    2004 S4. Hell of a motor. Not much soul and way shitty gas mileage
    2001 S4. Still miss it. H&Rs, Baileys, Twin-2, CHs, Short-shift, Bi-pipe, X-Chip. 96,000 trouble free miles.

Established Member Four Rings BirdmanQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi S4, 2013 Audi A5, 2012 Audi Q5

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Evil View Post
    I must be missing something, I have enabled the hidden menu on my Q5 (MMI equipped), however to access the menu audienthusiast.com suggests holding down the car and setup buttons for 6 seconds. The problem is that there is not a setup button on the console. How do I access the menu?
    Hold "Menu" and "Car" down. Keep trying til it works, you have to hit them RIGHT at the same time. Also, when enabling stuff, you usually also have to enable it in carmenuoperation and set it to Can Komfort [1/9]. That may not make sense but you'll know it when you see it. Stay out of the boot loader, wherever that is.
    2013 AUDI S4 DSG | ESTORIL BLUE | SILVER NAPPA | SPORT DIFF | 35% CERAMIC | ALU-OPTIC SKIRT | BLACKVUE DR500GW-HD

2011 AUDI Q5 2.0T | IBIS WHITE | BLACK | S-LINE | GIAC STAGE 1 | AR RACE II | ECS 17.5/20 (SOLD)

Established Member Two Rings Scott Evil's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 Tiguan 1987 944 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by BirdmanQ5 View Post
    Hold "Menu" and "Car" down. Keep trying til it works, you have to hit them RIGHT at the same time. Also, when enabling stuff, you usually also have to enable it in carmenuoperation and set it to Can Komfort [1/9]. That may not make sense but you'll know it when you see it. Stay out of the boot loader, wherever that is.
    Thank you! Use the Menu button to reboot as well?
    Last edited by Scott Evil; 07-16-2013 at 07:19 AM.
    2014 Q5 2.0T P+ Moonlight Blue

SOLD:
    2012 Golf R 4dr
    2008 2.0TQuattro Dolphin Gray
    2005.5 A4 2.0TQMS Fun car, but I don't miss it so much
    2004 S4. Hell of a motor. Not much soul and way shitty gas mileage
    2001 S4. Still miss it. H&Rs, Baileys, Twin-2, CHs, Short-shift, Bi-pipe, X-Chip. 96,000 trouble free miles.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagCom_FL_ADS.html

For MMI Cars Only.
    It's not known how to enable the menu via VCDS yet so instructions are provided for enabling through the hidden menu. If you have not enabled the hidden menu yet go here
    To get into the hidden menu in the MMI hold down the Car and Menu button for approx 6 seconds and the menu should appear on the screen.

Established Member Four Rings BirdmanQ5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi S4, 2013 Audi A5, 2012 Audi Q5

Thank you! Use the Menu button to reboot as well?
    Reboot hit menu, centre button, and upper right quadrant, all simultaneously and release.
    2013 AUDI S4 DSG | ESTORIL BLUE | SILVER NAPPA | SPORT DIFF | 35% CERAMIC | ALU-OPTIC SKIRT | BLACKVUE DR500GW-HD

2011 AUDI Q5 2.0T | IBIS WHITE | BLACK | S-LINE | GIAC STAGE 1 | AR RACE II | ECS 17.5/20 (SOLD)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi TTS roadster, Porsche GT3, Porsche 914 X2

Just brought home my new TDI S-line+ with nav, B&O, etc and planning on doing some VAG mods this weekend. Keep seeing boot loader and to avoid it when adding hidden MMI options. What the hell is that???
    2011 TTS roadster
    2014 Q5 TDI S-line+
    2010 GT3
    1971 914
    1973 914 2.0

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

Quote Originally Posted by SKL48 View Post
    Just brought home my new TDI S-line+ with nav, B&O, etc and planning on doing some VAG mods this weekend. Keep seeing boot loader and to avoid it when adding hidden MMI options. What the hell is that???
    Caution: Do not change anything and do not touch the boot loader
    Boot loader or bootstrap loader
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booting

Here you have multiple pages for modification with VCDS:
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-complete-list
    http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagCom.html
    http://www.audigh.com/vag-com

This is in German but Chrome with a translation not a problem
    http://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/audi-q5-8r.php

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I activated the remote feature tonight but it only closes windows that are down with the remote- doesn't raise them. I don't have the window option in my MMI- assume I need to add the hiddent MMI menu to see that option? My son's new S4 did give him that option in the MMI and he hadn't added the hidden feature yet. ????
    2011 TTS roadster
    2014 Q5 TDI S-line+
    2010 GT3
    1971 914
    1973 914 2.0

Established Member Two Rings josedebardi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    SQ5 TDI, MR2 Roadster, Nissan 300ZX, Mini One D

My MY13 SQ5 does windows up and down with the key.
    And has the option in the MMI.
    Should be possible but as you say, probably a couple more options to enable in VCDS/hidden menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi SQ5 TDI Glacier White, 21" alloys, Black Leather, and all the other options except the Pano Roof.
    Click For Fuelly MPG Info

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

Quote Originally Posted by josedebardi View Post
    My MY13 SQ5 does windows up and down with the key.
    And has the option in the MMI.
    Should be possible but as you say, probably a couple more options to enable in VCDS/hidden menu.

LOL

All models Q5 MY2009-2014 in Europe and other markets is standard but not in the U.S. market, because of legal regulations

AZ Member #
    My Garage

LOL

In Europe and other markets is Standard but not in the U.S. market, because of legal regulations
    Yes I know this.

I am just pointing out that it is possible with the correct VCDS settings regardless of US or European car. We don't need your input here.

Audi SQ5 TDI Glacier White, 21" alloys, Black Leather, and all the other options except the Pano Roof.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

Yes I know this.

I am just pointing out that it is possible with the correct VCDS settings regardless of US or European car. We don't need your input here.

What is your help in this case ??????

You constantly writing : my car has.... and my car CAN...... We need your input and help rather than what you have and what your car can

I not read that someone asked if MY2013 can or whether you have the option
    Last edited by spijun; 10-05-2013 at 07:28 AM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

Quote Originally Posted by SKL48 View Post
    I activated the remote feature tonight but it only closes windows that are down with the remote- doesn't raise them. I don't have the window option in my MMI- assume I need to add the hiddent MMI menu to see that option? My son's new S4 did give him that option in the MMI and he hadn't added the hidden feature yet. ????
    Have you tried to reset the MMI ?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

What is your help in this case ??????

You constantly writing : my car has.... and my car CAN...... We need your input and help rather than what you have and what your car can

I not read that someone asked if MY2013 can or whether you have the option
    Go and practice your English so you can understand that I was not offering direct help, just my relevant experience, that is to say it is worth expending effort in the pursuit of the goal in this case as it is achievable.

I don't think someone who has 50% irrelevant posts due to their misunderstanding of the topic at hand has any right to question anyone else's 'help'!

You come across as helpful and I admit that some of your info is of use, but I have seen your behaviour on MANY forums (some of which you have been banned from and you continue to sign up and harass - you have too much spare time it seems!). You are sadly just a common troll! It would be a lot better if you went back in your cave and stayed there IMO.

Please don't respond to any of my future posts on any forums as I have no interesting in your opinions.

Apologies to all other members for this off topic post.
    I have raised this with the webmaster on here and was ignored - maybe this will invoke a response from them!?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

Go and practice your English so you can understand that I was not offering direct help, just my relevant experience, that is to say it is worth expending effort in the pursuit of the goal in this case as it is achievable.

I don't think someone who has 50% irrelevant posts due to their misunderstanding of the topic at hand has any right to question anyone else's 'help'!

You come across as helpful and I admit that some of your info is of use, but I have seen your behaviour on MANY forums (some of which you have been banned from and you continue to sign up and harass - you have too much spare time it seems!). You are sadly just a common troll! It would be a lot better if you went back in your cave and stayed there IMO.

Please don't respond to any of my future posts on any forums as I have no interesting in your opinions.

Apologies to all other members for this off topic post.
    I have raised this with the webmaster on here and was ignored - maybe this will invoke a response from them!?

Correct my English is bad,, but I'm perfectly speak German and Arabic compared to you I expert

"just my relevant experience: My MY13 SQ5 does windows up and down with the key" LOL
    If you grow up in a cave, go back there and stay in the cave forever
    Internet is free is not yet occupied by the British occupiers, therefore I can feel free to express their opinions
    You're a troll who only writes, to the end that collect the more posts. I do not harass anyone, I do not write daily 5-10 unnecessary posts like you

PS: Thanks for following me on the forums
    I'm a network administrator, so am constantly on Internet

Yes I am a big "troll" ... ...Ah this is from other forums: 1900 people like my posts

Last edited by spijun; 10-05-2013 at 11:49 AM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Went to car on the MMI and windows options did show up on the lock menu- turned everything on and the remote now works great!

Also spent 2-3 hours sealing and waxing and RainX'ing... now it's ready for winter :(, after I get replacements for the summer tires it came with.
    2011 TTS roadster
    2014 Q5 TDI S-line+
    2010 GT3
    1971 914
    1973 914 2.0