Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS5 Rear Seats

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

RS5 Rear Seats

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I am wanting the RS5 but being a coupe I'm worried about the limited space it has. I am currently a student so I'm sure some of my buds are gonna ride a long pretty often. I checked the dimension on Audi's website and nothing seemed to be bigger than a 3 inch difference overall.

Would a S4 be a better purchase or should I just stick with the RS5?

Senior Member Three Rings Marshall_Placid's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5, 2012 A6, 2010 Q5 (SOLD!)

Two words: Ample space.

My friends tried my RS5's back seats and there is surprisingly a lot of room.

The fuselage/body of the RS5 is quote long (just the middle part for this equation). Because of this, the back seats have a lot of room.

Also, the sloping of the fuselage is not as pronounced/sloped as a Porsche 911 or a BMW M3 or even a C63 AMG. Nevertheless, even though it is not as sloped, the RS5 still manages to appease the eyes.

Also, because it is not as sloped, the driver and front passenger has a LOT of head room. This also applies to the back seats.

So, yes, there is ample room. And, without giving up the looks.

I had the chance to try the new 2013 S4 at the Audi Driving Experience.

The new S4 is basically a smaller version of the A6 (which I own) with less room, but with almost the same power.

And, you have to remember when you get the car, it is YOUR car and not your friends' car. Most of the time, I am presuming you will be driving it. For the driving experience, for the driver himself, the RS5 is better than the S4.

But, you get 1 fewer seat (the back middle).

But, you'll have to wait if you want to order a customized RS5, or about 4 to 5 months or even 6 months to be exact depending on your local dealer's allocation. Or, if you are not picky about options or if you are lucky to find a RS5 that is already in showrooms, then it is all for the better. I'm unsure about the wait for the S4. I am presuming that the S4 wait is the same as the S5 wait. If so, then it will be 2 to 4 months.

Between the S4 and RS5... Verdict: Go with the RS5.

Senior Member Four Rings RS Fünf's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Rodents, arachnids, other scurriers and crawlers

I have owned both as well albeit a B6 S4. The middle back seat in the S4 is not very comfortable so it is really like a having a 4 seater. Both are nice cars but the coupe looks a bit sportier and it is a bit more fun to drive, unless you prefer a manual transmission which is lacking in the RS5. Also check out the option packages that each offer. Consider yourself lucky. When I was a student, all I could afford were $500.00 pieces of junk.

Senior Member Three Rings TGreene09's Avatar
    AZ Member #

not bad for a college student....
    2012 Audi TTRS | APR ECU STAGE 1
    2013 Audi Q5

SOLD 2009 Audi S5 | AWE Exhaust & Filter | APR ECU & Intake | H&R 20mm & 25mm spacers | H&R Springs

Registered Member Four Rings Rodmar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    None

Parents money???? We're all wondering
    BB DTM B7 A4/10% tint all around/Vortex splitters/Sonic Tuning LM Reps/Red painted Calipers/Hawk HPS Pads/Koni/Eibach Pro Kit/Kenwood DVD Headunit/REVO STG 2/RAI DP/HFC/AWE Catback Exhaust/Show N' Go Plate holder/Ebay Mirror caps/Podi Mechanical Boost Gauge/Piston DV/1080 Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior Trim/Krauto LED Interior Lights/B7 S4 Recaro seats/TTs flat bottom wheel/RS4 Pedals/S4 Door Blades/Drilled&Slotted Rotors/rs4 RSB

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by misterB View Post
    I am wanting the RS5 but being a coupe I'm worried about the limited space it has. I am currently a student so I'm sure some of my buds are gonna ride a long pretty often. I checked the dimension on Audi's website and nothing seemed to be bigger than a 3 inch difference overall.

If you have to phrase it this way... Definitely the S4.
    My RS5 is my mistress and my wife never refuses a threesome like this

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall_Placid View Post
    Two words: Ample space.

My friends tried my RS5's back seats and there is surprisingly a lot of room.

The fuselage/body of the RS5 is quote long (just the middle part for this equation). Because of this, the back seats have a lot of room.

Also, the sloping of the fuselage is not as pronounced/sloped as a Porsche 911 or a BMW M3 or even a C63 AMG. Nevertheless, even though it is not as sloped, the RS5 still manages to appease the eyes.

Also, because it is not as sloped, the driver and front passenger has a LOT of head room. This also applies to the back seats.

So, yes, there is ample room. And, without giving up the looks.

I had the chance to try the new 2013 S4 at the Audi Driving Experience.

The new S4 is basically a smaller version of the A6 (which I own) with less room, but with almost the same power.

And, you have to remember when you get the car, it is YOUR car and not your friends' car. Most of the time, I am presuming you will be driving it. For the driving experience, for the driver himself, the RS5 is better than the S4.

But, you get 1 fewer seat (the back middle).

But, you'll have to wait if you want to order a customized RS5, or about 4 to 5 months or even 6 months to be exact depending on your local dealer's allocation. Or, if you are not picky about options or if you are lucky to find a RS5 that is already in showrooms, then it is all for the better. I'm unsure about the wait for the S4. I am presuming that the S4 wait is the same as the S5 wait. If so, then it will be 2 to 4 months.

Between the S4 and RS5... Verdict: Go with the RS5.
    Thanks for your opinion. I heard Pacific Audi is accepting all orders so I'm planning on ordering from them.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RS Fünf View Post
    I have owned both as well albeit a B6 S4. The middle back seat in the S4 is not very comfortable so it is really like a having a 4 seater. Both are nice cars but the coupe looks a bit sportier and it is a bit more fun to drive, unless you prefer a manual transmission which is lacking in the RS5. Also check out the option packages that each offer. Consider yourself lucky. When I was a student, all I could afford were $500.00 pieces of junk.
    Thank you. Yeah I do consider my self to be fortunate.. but I've been there too LOL.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by TGreene09 View Post
    not bad for a college student....
    Yeah I was very fortunate for this oppurtunity.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Rodmar View Post
    Parents money???? We're all wondering
    Me and my Dad are really into cars. My dream car was a E36 M3 but I was planning to buy a USED E92 M3. My Dad said he will pay for half of the RS5 if I'm willing to pay him back within 5 years and take care of insurance and everything my self.. Thought it was a good deal LOL.

AZ Member #

Delayed gratification is a wonderful thing. The S4 is a great car and much more practical for a group of people to climb in and out of - I have an S5 and while it has room it's really a pain to get in and out of the back (for me too - got to move my seat around to do it). Plus, you'll engender much less jealousy with the S4 than the RS5. It's not my position to give advice at all, but seeing as you asked, I'd get the S4, really enjoy it with my buddies, and look forward to an RS5 in a few years time.

Active Member Two Rings mrtorts's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I just tell people my S5 is a 2 seater. I wouldn't ask anyone to sit in the back of it. Go try it.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4 USP, APR stage 3+ and 2013 Suzuka Grey RS5

The only person I've ever tried to put in the back seat of the RS5 was my girlfriends 13 yr old.. it was a tight fit for both him and his mom since she had to scoot the seat pretty far forward. I def wouldn't try and get anyone behind my seat ...
    USP CLUB MEMBER #42.
    2005 A4 USP - APR Stage 3+ and a bunch of other stuff.
    2013 Suzuka RS5 (fully loaded) - Hardwired V1 | Full car clear matte PPF | CQuartz | e-codes | Huper-Optik 30 | Accuair B8 Sport kit | H&R F&R sway bars |HRE FF01 | a bunch of vag mods..

Senior Member Four Rings endless5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi

Thanks for your opinion. I heard Pacific Audi is accepting all orders so I'm planning on ordering from them.
    Give Keyes Audi a try. I got my car from them and they treated me well. PM if you want my guys contact info
    Need Adam's detailing Products? PM- Mops (For 10% off, use discount code Mops10 at checkout)

2013 Audi RS5 - Phantom Black, MMI Nav +, Titanium Package, Sports Exhaust, First Aid Kit
    2011 Audi S5- Prestige Package, Titanium Package, Sports Differential, Carbon Fiber Inlays, Side Assist *RIP* 2/4/11- 1/23/12

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by endless5 View Post
    Give Keyes Audi a try. I got my car from them and they treated me well. PM if you want my guys contact info
    I actually gave them a call while back.. sadly they were out of allocations.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Some people are saying the back seats are big enough and some say they are too damn small.. Very confused lol..

Senior Member Four Rings bknewtype's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Infiniti G35 coupe

its big enough.
    2011 Audi A5 2.0T 6mt Sapphire BlackBuild Thread
    Past: 2009 Audi S5 Phantom Black

Avant Garde | Eurocode | APR | SPM | Airlift | ECS

IG: bknewtype Flickr

Senior Member Four Rings bknewtype's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Infiniti G35 coupe

since u care about driving ur friends around why dont u ask them to go with u to a dealership and see if they fit inside comfortably?
    2011 Audi A5 2.0T 6mt Sapphire BlackBuild Thread
    Past: 2009 Audi S5 Phantom Black

Avant Garde | Eurocode | APR | SPM | Airlift | ECS

IG: bknewtype Flickr

Veteran Member Four Rings FaceSmA5h's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Honda Cr-Z
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by bknewtype View Post
    since u care about driving ur friends around why dont u ask them to go with u to a dealership and see if they fit inside comfortably?
    +1

Damn I saw this post not too long ago regarding an A5 or S5. Same thing, college student lol. IMO, just get a 4 door M3, S7, or S6.

Your friends will sit comfortably and they can easily pat you on the shoulder for owning the above mentioned cars.

USC student?
    '14 Audi A5 | Daytona Gray |Build Thread

Rest in Peace:
    '10 Audi S5 | Quartz Gray

Registered Member Four Rings Rodmar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    None

Hahaha pat on the shoulder to boost his ego just alittle more. We're all impressed and I'm sure your friends will be too
    BB DTM B7 A4/10% tint all around/Vortex splitters/Sonic Tuning LM Reps/Red painted Calipers/Hawk HPS Pads/Koni/Eibach Pro Kit/Kenwood DVD Headunit/REVO STG 2/RAI DP/HFC/AWE Catback Exhaust/Show N' Go Plate holder/Ebay Mirror caps/Podi Mechanical Boost Gauge/Piston DV/1080 Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior Trim/Krauto LED Interior Lights/B7 S4 Recaro seats/TTs flat bottom wheel/RS4 Pedals/S4 Door Blades/Drilled&Slotted Rotors/rs4 RSB

Veteran Member Four Rings antoff83's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi RS5 coupe
    Items for Sale

I actually gave them a call while back.. sadly they were out of allocations.
    they have sepang blue one available I think..
    2014 Audi //RS5 Coupe | Sepang blue | MMI+ package | Alu-Optic package | 20'' 5-rotor design silver finish wheels | Black Nappa leather sport seats

2004 BMW ///M3 Convertible | Carbon black | SMG | 19' 'OEM silver finish wheels | Brown leather/Black roof (wifey's)

AZ Member #

lol if I had an RS5 the last thing on my mind would be my friends lmao, I wouldnt even let them close to it actually.
    2015 Audi []RS5: Sepang Blue | Titanium Pkg |
    Mods: | Modulare Forged M14 | H&R | B&O | Sports Exhaust
    Past: 2012 Audi A5. Sline: Phantm Blk

Senior Member Three Rings mmaturo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

People fit...just had two ladies in the back of mine on two occasions both sets normal sized and I was not too squished moving the seat up (6'-2") ...I think its about the same as the S4 just the getting in and out is more of a PIA than a rear door is but the front seats when moved properly using the power buttons at the top of the seat works well. I would take the RS5 any day of the week over an S4...why...I just traded in my S5...this car is way better, faster and much better looking. Cram your friends in back and enjoy it. I do the same as the above that someone mentioned of treating like a two seater so not everyone is piling in your car. The S4 is tight in back, only an A6 sized car is going to get it really comfortable and no seat moving. S6...
    2014 RS7 Suzuka/Silver
    2013 RS5 - Suzuka Gray/Lunar Silver
    2012 R8 GT #275/333 - Suzuka Gray- Black/Silver
    2000 TT Neiman Marcus Ed #47/100 - Nimbus Gray/Moccasin Red - ALMS 18" Wheels Nimbus Gray
    1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz

Deactivated Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lots of spiders.

Not had any problems with "real sized" adults in my A5, or now my S5, back seat.

The one thing I tell them is when you want to get out...back out. Trying to step out facing forward is a chore, even with the seat full forward. And you usually get a hip hung up on the seat back or door jamb, but if one steps out backwards...it's very easy.

And depending just who is backing out...it can be quite a show!

Registered Member Four Rings Okan509's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

[QUOTE=Beast;8191850]lol if I had an RS5 the last thing on my mind would be my friends lmao, I wouldnt even let them close to it actually.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Beast. WTF. but seriously, a bunch of kids around a RS5 is pretty stupid IMO - asking for shit to get fucked up
    (Alex) Mod Thread- 2013 S4 - 6MT

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 1.8T B6 A4 low miles - Wifey's car (Silver on black)

Ill be as unbiased as possible. I sat in the back of an A5 and an S4. I am 5'9" and about 185lbs athletic build. I felt as the back seat had a comfortable amount of space. I was actually surprised by it. If someone is over 6'2" they may not be comfortable but if it is for kids or anyone my size the back seat has more than enough space. Go for RS5. S4 is an amazing car and I love mine to death but if you want a coupe, this one has much more than enough space.
    I like cars, cigars, and business.
    2011 B8 S4 (Deval/Apikol/Eurocode/Milltek/H&R/AWE/P3/EuroTechMS)

Veteran Member Four Rings DannyDeez's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 S5 Coupe
    Items for Sale

There is NO leg room in the back seat. If I wasnt so lazy I would go out and take a picture for you.
    For any work in the tri state area go to Eurotech Motorsports!

2013 Phantom Black S5, 6 Speed, Prem plus, Navigation, B&O, Advanced key, some mods

2001.5 Nogaro S4 6 Speed (Sold)

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

I would not be too concerned with what my friends wanted me to get.................

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4 USP, APR stage 3+ and 2013 Suzuka Grey RS5

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    I would not be too concerned with what my friends wanted me to get.................
    amen, unless they are chipping in on the payment, their opinion means squat. A cramped ride is better than walking.. so tell 'em to suck it and walk if they have a problem with *your* choice of ride.
    USP CLUB MEMBER #42.
    2005 A4 USP - APR Stage 3+ and a bunch of other stuff.
    2013 Suzuka RS5 (fully loaded) - Hardwired V1 | Full car clear matte PPF | CQuartz | e-codes | Huper-Optik 30 | Accuair B8 Sport kit | H&R F&R sway bars |HRE FF01 | a bunch of vag mods..

Senior Member Four Rings Got No Game's Avatar
    AZ Member #

^Ha! Too funny. Yeah, a couple of my friends are real "heavy hitters" if you know what I mean. I tell them to squeeze their fat asses in the back or walk. I didn't buy the thing just to cart their butts around.
    Scott (Got No Game) | 2013 RS5 | Daytona Gray | Black | Akrapovic | HRE | H&R | Alu-Kreuz

Senior Member Four Rings endless5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    People fit...just had two ladies in the back of mine on two occasions both sets normal sized and I was not too squished moving the seat up (6'-2") ...I think its about the same as the S4 just the getting in and out is more of a PIA than a rear door is but the front seats when moved properly using the power buttons at the top of the seat works well. I would take the RS5 any day of the week over an S4...why...I just traded in my S5...this car is way better, faster and much better looking. Cram your friends in back and enjoy it. I do the same as the above that someone mentioned of treating like a two seater so not everyone is piling in your car. The S4 is tight in back, only an A6 sized car is going to get it really comfortable and no seat moving. S6...
    Pictures of said two ladies in the back
    Need Adam's detailing Products? PM- Mops (For 10% off, use discount code Mops10 at checkout)

2013 Audi RS5 - Phantom Black, MMI Nav +, Titanium Package, Sports Exhaust, First Aid Kit
    2011 Audi S5- Prestige Package, Titanium Package, Sports Differential, Carbon Fiber Inlays, Side Assist *RIP* 2/4/11- 1/23/12

Veteran Member Four Rings cellg8's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    lol if I had an RS5 the last thing on my mind would be my friends lmao, I wouldnt even let them close to it actually.
    LOL!!! This just made my day!!!

Mister B - Congrats. can't wait to see pics! RS5 way more >>>>>>>>> S4 or most of any other Audi (not in terms of room of course)!
    2014 RS5 Sepang Blue / GMG springs / Eurocode UCA / H&R 10mm spacers / Ti Grille / Euro Headlights / OEM CF Engine Cover
    2008 B7 S4 Sprint Blue / Stasis Ohlins SL / ADV10 Trackspec 20x8.5 ET 28 + 245/30/20

'14 B8 RS5:
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...571715-RS5-20F

'08 B7 S4:
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...uot-ADV1-B7-S4

Veteran Member Four Rings CupcakeS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a box with wheels
    Items for Sale

I am only friends with midgets, "regular" size people are boring. Midgets fit quite nicely in the back of an S5, and the trunk.
    There's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 VW GTI 4dr, '14 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Items for Sale

^Same hear but Asians and Latinos. You can stuff them anywhere. Once found one in the spare tire well.
    Mops @ Nemesis Autosport

AWE / H&R / BC FORGED / MILLTEK / BILSTEIN / STOPTECH / BBS / BREMBO / AP RACING / VOSSEN and more.

build thread
    email | facebook | flickr | instagram

Use code "Mops10" for 10% off your Adams Polishes order!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Okan509 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I agree with Beast. WTF. but seriously, a bunch of kids around a RS5 is pretty stupid IMO - asking for shit to get fucked up
    Agree with Beast, lolol!

All things real, I do not buy a vehicle while considering how I might accomodate if needed. I wil always keep a family suitable vehicle. If others are not comfy in my coupe, all the better. One less floormat to shake out when I get home.
    Mops @ Nemesis Autosport

AWE / H&R / BC FORGED / MILLTEK / BILSTEIN / STOPTECH / BBS / BREMBO / AP RACING / VOSSEN and more.

build thread

Veteran Member Four Rings CupcakeS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a box with wheels
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Mops View Post
    ^Same hear but Asians and Latinos. You can stuff them anywhere. Once found one in the spare tire well.
    HAD to have been bk....prob trying to hide to hitch a ride home with you so you'd be forced to cuddle.
    There's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong.

Senior Member Four Rings Got No Game's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mops View Post
    Ease up man.
    Scott (Got No Game) | 2013 RS5 | Daytona Gray | Black | Akrapovic | HRE | H&R | Alu-Kreuz

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Got No Game View Post
    Ease up man.
    Apologies if I offended. Most of us elderly members get pretty nasty. We all make fun of each other and it's all cool. Being from NC if am a straw chewing, banjo playin', inbred hillbilly. Again, sorry. All jokes.
    Mops @ Nemesis Autosport

build thread

Established Member Two Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Exactly - If I was worried about my friends riding in the car I would get an S6/7/8...
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav

Past:
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue

Veteran Member Three Rings YelloJello's Avatar
    AZ Member #

RS5 Rear Seats

I would try to find a 4 door e36 m3 to thrash around during college. Then get an RS5 when it gets a 4.0T or whatever they have in the next gen.

'13 | 6MT | sepang blue | black silver nappa | cf inlays | sports rear differential | plastidip grill | 20x10 vorsteiner vff-101 - 275/30/20 re760 | matte black window trim tape | kw v1 | alu kreuz | smoked fogs | piaa yellow H8 fogs | eurocode intake | retrofitlab pwy24w signal leds | apikol rear diff mount | eurocode meisterwerk ssk
    RIP '08 S5 6MT ibis tuscan cf inlays H&R oe springs stasis arb awe track exhaust plastidip grill awe intake filter jhm ssk
    '99 E36 M3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast