Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 613 of 613 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613
Results 24,481 to 24,496 of 24496
    Veteran Member Four Rings KFizz's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    And I changed out the fogs for some full-on yellow ones. Didnt come through great in the photo, but they're quite yellow in person. Much better than the ones I took out. Same ones @Killerboots uses. Happy with them so far.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Kyle
    2014 a4 Allroad /// Ibis, Unpainted Lowers (True AR)

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Meteor Grey A4 Prestige

No mods today, but i did....

- Cleaned oil system with Liqui Moly Pro-Line Engine Flush
    - Changed oil/filter (Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 + Mann Filter)
    - Cabin Air filter
    - Cleaned and recharged K&N
    - New NGK Platinum plugs
    - New EBC Red rear brake pads
    - Rotated Tires
    - Installed new Bosch Platinum AGM S6 battery
    - Used VCDS to change battery serial, enable battery level meter, and changed lighting so LED's under headlights remain on while turn signal is in use as well as keeping fogs on during high beam use.

I had a few more things to do, but i'm beat. Will be doing the following tomorrow:

- Update MMI 3G HDD firmware
    - Update MMI 3G HDD Navigation Maps from 2010 to 2017. (i'm tired of my nav directing me to kill myself at some of the new freeway interchanges here in SoCal)
    - Clean car with good ol' honeydew snow foam, followed by claybar, then some Meguiars M105 followed by M205. Haven't decided on what sealant or wax to go buy yet. Suggestions?
    2010 Meteor Gray A4 2.0T
    quattro | 6-spd | prestige | B&O | 19" Sport | nav| HID | black leather

Coming: APR Chip, Exhaust, and H&R suspension

Established Member Three Rings Novarider's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew A4 View Post
    No mods today, but i did....

- Cleaned oil system with Liqui Moly Pro-Line Engine Flush
    - Changed oil/filter (Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 + Mann Filter)
    - Cabin Air filter
    - Cleaned and recharged K&N
    - New NGK Platinum plugs
    - New EBC Red rear brake pads
    - Rotated Tires
    - Installed new Bosch Platinum AGM S6 battery
    - Used VCDS to change battery serial, enable battery level meter, and changed lighting so LED's under headlights remain on while turn signal is in use as well as keeping fogs on during high beam use.

I had a few more things to do, but i'm beat. Will be doing the following tomorrow:

- Update MMI 3G HDD firmware
    - Update MMI 3G HDD Navigation Maps from 2010 to 2017. (i'm tired of my nav directing me to kill myself at some of the new freeway interchanges here in SoCal)
    - Clean car with good ol' honeydew snow foam, followed by claybar, then some Meguiars M105 followed by M205. Haven't decided on what sealant or wax to go buy yet. Suggestions?
    How do you upgrade the firmware and maps?
    2011 A4 Avant Prestige S-Line

Established Member Three Rings NathanGreatScott's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Ford Flex Limited

Met up with a local A5 owner that was selling the Dinan piggyback. It's a pretty cool little product and will hopefully help hold me over until I go stageII
    Brilliant Black '14 A4 Quattro 6MT w/ S-Line style package
    PROGRESS
    IG:@nathangreatscott

Senior Member Four Rings bakedziti's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '77 MGB Roadster
    Items for Sale

I'm not posting this in the CL finds thread, because I am more curious what people have to say about this exhaust. I have personally never heard of Ulter, or this option.

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pt...613161051.html

Thoughts?
    2011 A4 P+ QGM | Sport Package | 6MT | MMI | B&O
    GIAC (stage) | Eurocode HFC & Alu Kreuz | Stasis Exhaust | H&R RSB | DV+ | CR-15 | ECS Intercooler w/ Piping & Street Shield | P3

the egyptian prescription

Established Member Three Rings tominabox1's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bakedziti View Post
    I'm not posting this in the CL finds thread, because I am more curious what people have to say about this exhaust. I have personally never heard of Ulter, or this option.

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pt...613161051.html

Thoughts?
    You could do something like this custom at a muffler shop for way, WAY less. You could even do catback for less...
    2014 A4 Quattro // Sport Package, Black Optics, Bang and Olufsen
    IE Stage 2, CR-15 Strut Brace, USP High Flow Cat, Spulen turbo inlet pipe, aFe filter

Senior Member Four Rings bakedziti's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '77 MGB Roadster
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by tominabox1 View Post
    You could do something like this custom at a muffler shop for way, WAY less. You could even do catback for less...
    I'm set in the exhaust department, just curious on the thoughts regarding the brand and the sound. I understand that there are better options out there lol.
    2011 A4 P+ QGM | Sport Package | 6MT | MMI | B&O
    GIAC (stage) | Eurocode HFC & Alu Kreuz | Stasis Exhaust | H&R RSB | DV+ | CR-15 | ECS Intercooler w/ Piping & Street Shield | P3

the egyptian prescription

Senior Member Four Rings JeriQo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    It looks good! How'd you f it up?
    Visible 3m tape and that gap on passenger side. Driver is perfect. Repositioning it will be a pita since I gotta take that tape off and bend it to fit. Snapchat-837261465.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H900 using Audizine mobile app
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 15mm rear

Veteran Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by JeriQo View Post
    Visible 3m tape and that gap on passenger side. Driver is perfect. Repositioning it will be a pita since I gotta take that tape off and bend it to fit. Snapchat-837261465.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H900 using Audizine mobile app
    How’d you f that one up? You took the bumper off so this wouldn’t happen Couldn’t you put the lip on by jacking the car up on a rhino ramp or what ever they’re called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5
    2013 JETTA SE 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S430 4MATIC 2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL LEXUS GS460, 2011 CHEVY CAMARO 2008 BMW X3,2000 Audi A4,2003 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1988,SCIROCCO16V

Senior Member Four Rings JeriQo's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    How’d you f that one up? You took the bumper off so this wouldn’t happen Couldn’t you put the lip on by jacking the car up on a rhino ramp or what ever they’re called?

yeah im gonna do that when i get time to take this off again.
    the 3m tape is whats holding me back. its gonna be tedious rubbing that off.
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 15mm rear

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Meteor Grey A4 Prestige

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    How do you upgrade the firmware and maps?
    Doesn't your car come with MMI 3G+? My car has the older MMI 3G with the hard drive built in, two SD card slots, and an in-dash DVD drive. Also, it has a little joystick on the MMI control knob on the center console. There are many types of MMI and you REALLY need to make sure which is yours because updating with the incorrect software will brick your unit.

I did a lot of reading over at www.a5oc.com before doing the upgrade. There are some very active threads there but keep in mind most of the software on that site is for Europe. But the concept is the same. You'll see how many people screw things up because they didn't read the instructions thoroughly.

Here are the instructions on how it's done.

https://www.docdroid.net/mqjDVM2/upd...mmi-3g-v17.pdf

The software can be obtained through Audi I believe and it's very expensive and is installed using SD Cards. The process is not something you rush into because it's not very user friendly and any mistake can cause your MMI system to become an expensive door stop, or better yet a wheel chalk.

You can also get the software from other sources both legal and less than legal but i wont go any further detail on that.
    2010 Meteor Gray A4 2.0T
    quattro | 6-spd | prestige | B&O | 19" Sport | nav| HID | black leather

Coming: APR Chip, Exhaust, and H&R suspension

Established Member Three Rings Novarider's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew A4 View Post
    Doesn't your car come with MMI 3G+? My car has the older MMI 3G with the hard drive built in, two SD card slots, and an in-dash DVD drive. Also, it has a little joystick on the MMI control knob on the center console. There are many types of MMI and you REALLY need to make sure which is yours because updating with the incorrect software will brick your unit.

I did a lot of reading over at www.a5oc.com before doing the upgrade. There are some very active threads there but keep in mind most of the software on that site is for Europe. But the concept is the same. You'll see how many people screw things up because they didn't read the instructions thoroughly.

Here are the instructions on how it's done.

https://www.docdroid.net/mqjDVM2/upd...mmi-3g-v17.pdf

The software can be obtained through Audi I believe and it's very expensive and is installed using SD Cards. The process is not something you rush into because it's not very user friendly and any mistake can cause your MMI system to become an expensive door stop, or better yet a wheel chalk.

You can also get the software from other sources both legal and less than legal but i wont go any further detail on that.
    3G+ started later than 2011. I have what called 3G high which sounds like what you have as well.
    2011 A4 Avant Prestige S-Line

Established Member Three Rings NathanGreatScott's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Ford Flex Limited

It’s been a long while. Guess I was due.

He was actually pretty cool and let me off with a warning

Brilliant Black '14 A4 Quattro 6MT w/ S-Line style package
    PROGRESS
    IG:@nathangreatscott

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I can't wait to put these wheels on my car this weekend. ECS has this on sale ...
    Attached Images

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I’m not doing the work. USP Motorsports is. New timing chain, tensioner and guides. Control arm bushings are starting to dry rot so they are installing 034 Motorsports street density full upper and lower control arm kit. And since the have to do an alignment after I figure they might as well install 034 Motorsports adjustable rear tow links while they’re at it. That’s all my budget allows. USP just did a walnut blast carbon cleaning last month.
    2010 A4 Avant, 2012 Q5

Veteran Member Four Rings JBAeroEngineer's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Werks View Post
    I’m not doing the work. USP Motorsports is. New timing chain, tensioner and guides. Control arm bushings are starting to dry rot so they are installing 034 Motorsports street density full upper and lower control arm kit. And since the have to do an alignment after I figure they might as well install 034 Motorsports adjustable rear tow links while they’re at it. That’s all my budget allows. USP just did a walnut blast carbon cleaning last month.
    What was your carbon situation like? Getting the Walnut blast done in a month at 95k

Page 613 of 613 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613