Adding fire to the age-old argument, Mike Spinelli and Matt Hardigree talk about the E46 M3 vs. the B6 S4. However, since these cars are now under $20k, they're discussed in a different context. Less so are they about power and styling, and more so about value and reliability. My opinions:
- The E46 is so affordable now that the characterization of douche is undeserved.
- The styling of the B6 platform still looks so good. I thought I'd get tired of looking at B6's all day but when that picture flashed by, I went "hell yeah".
- I think we own the best engine of our generation, setting aside the handling debate, and these guys agree.
- I pay less than my buddies who own M3's to maintain my car, so I don't know what these guys are talking about.
- Actually, the S4 is a V8 fight club, a german motoring instrument, and a highly-depreciated luxury bruiser all rolled into one. And with the quattro, it'll plow snow all day long.