Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member Four Rings DinB's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Is RS5 to S5 grill a straight swap?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Having finally seen refreshed S5 in person, I am finding that the thing I hate the most is the new grill. Specifically, it is the horizontal slats that ruin the flow of the car. Would it be possible for people to put the RS5 honeycomb grill into the S5, or would it not fit or require extensive mods? I also really like the All-Road grill since it has vertical slats like the ougoing S5 model. :)
    Last edited by DinB; 06-29-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Senior Member Three Rings S4 Phantom's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Previously: 2010 Audi S4 & 2007 Audi A4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by DinB View Post
    Having finally seen refreshed S5 in person, I am finding that the thing I hate the most is the new grill. Specifically, it is the horizontal slats that ruin the flow of the car. Would it be possible for people to put the RS5 honeycomb grill into the S5, or would it not fit or require extensive mods? I also really like the All-Road grill since it has vertical slats like the ougoing S5 model. :)
    The S5 and RS5 grills should be the same size for the B9 S5/RS5 so swapping shouldn't be an issue. I've only seen issues when B8 S4's attempting the RS5 grill since the grill was definitely a different dimension but still could fit. I am considering ordering a black RS5 grill for my S5 that should be arriving late August. I don't want people to think I'm faking a RS5 so I definitely want to maintain the S5 logo on the front grill if I do swap. Sometimes I like the RS5 grill, sometimes I don't.. thankfully I have basically 2 months to decide.
    Current Car: 2013 Audi S5 Prestige S-tronic
    Mods:Hoen High Endurance Yellow Fogs, Philips 6000K HID Headlights, 13% Tint, 50% Tint Front Windshield, S-Line Air Caps
    Upcoming Mods:Black S5 or RS5 Grill, Eurocodes, Intake, Window Trim Wrap, BBS CH-R 20x10.5" Black w/ Red Lip

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by S4 Phantom View Post
    The S5 and RS5 grills should be the same size for the B9 S5/RS5 so swapping shouldn't be an issue.
    Maybe we should wait a couple more years to confirm.

:: The Five! :: http://instagram.com/ur_mxrz :: RAYS/Volk Racing | D2 Forged | AP Racing | KW | APR | Eurocode | Rawtek ::