Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Post Pictures of Prism Silver Crystal Effect Please

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I am really interested in doing an RS 5 in Prism Silver Crystal Effect but not matter how hard I search I can't seem to find pictures of cars in that color. Ideally I would love to see what an RS 5 would look like with the Titanium package. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Veteran Member Four Rings NYSpeedRacer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 Audi Q5 TDi | '14 BMW M6 Gran Coupe | '12 Audi K04 A5 | '13 VW JsW TDi | '08 Audi A4 2.0T
    Items for Sale

Google is your FRIEND

2015 Audi Exclusive Ara Blue Crystal Effect Q5 TDI (Jan '15)

2012 Audi Exclusive Ipanema Brown Metallic APR k04 A5 (For Sale)

Build Thread | Instagram

2007 Audi A4 NYC Love Tapper - No Mods

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Thanks!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    R8 V10

That's the way I ordered my RS5 and that's how I ended up on this post. I was searching google for a good picture of prism silver or even a description would be nice. I'm pretty certain the picture posted above doesn't really do this paint color justice. I still have time to change it if I decide on something different. I'd love to see a face-lifted RS5 Prism Silver/titanium. Judging from the Panther Black crystal effect pictures I've found and the "prism" in the name, I think it may change colors depending which direction the light is reflecting off it. I don't want to find out I have a purple RS5!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I placed my order on Friday and I went with Panther Black but am still debating the color. I currently have a Phantom Black S5 and the car I had before it was a Daytona Gray RS4 so my preference is to go with something different. The Panther is kind of close in but with the Titanium Package it achieves that total black look that makes it different enough to make it a viable option (plus the pictures of Horus's car are amazing). Really hoping that a picture of Prism surfaces before my chance to change the order passes (you can see pictures of Monza Silver by going on Audi's UK website and searching for used RS5's).

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JS919 View Post
    That's the way I ordered my RS5 and that's how I ended up on this post. I was searching google for a good picture of prism silver or even a description would be nice. I'm pretty certain the picture posted above doesn't really do this paint color justice. I still have time to change it if I decide on something different. I'd love to see a face-lifted RS5 Prism Silver/titanium. Judging from the Panther Black crystal effect pictures I've found and the "prism" in the name, I think it may change colors depending which direction the light is reflecting off it. I don't want to find out I have a purple RS5!

So went to dealership and saw the color on a sample card they had. I have a ice silver s5. Basically it's like that but more metallic and glossier. I was debating on getting that color too cause I just love the silver on the s5 but since I'm getting a car fairly similar looking to my old desired sepang. Which is also an insane color. Saw it in person on a TTRS. Wow. Would look great with titanium or silver package. Online pictures don't do sepang justice. Truly unique color. Pretty dark in person. Nice pearl effect which you can't capture on a camera.

Go to local Audi dealer and see other audis in similar colors and imagine ur rs5. :)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hoomsy - When you saw the chip did it look like it had any blue color in it? From the pictures I have seen of Monza Silver it has a blue undertone to it that I don't think works well with the Titanium Package. Thanks!

Veteran Member Four Rings NYSpeedRacer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 Audi Q5 TDi | '14 BMW M6 Gran Coupe | '12 Audi K04 A5 | '13 VW JsW TDi | '08 Audi A4 2.0T
    Items for Sale

^ You can't rely on just the color cards. Sometimes it's not a good representation.

The Ipanema Brown color card was pretty much brown, but in reality it's an orange color during the day or when the sun hits it and brown at night.

Perhaps take the color card outside?
    2015 Audi Exclusive Ara Blue Crystal Effect Q5 TDI (Jan '15)

2012 Audi Exclusive Ipanema Brown Metallic APR k04 A5 (For Sale)

Build Thread | Instagram

2007 Audi A4 NYC Love Tapper - No Mods

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

You're right. The card I mean didn't seem to look blue. But my ice silver, looks blue in the late afternoon and it looks awesome. I bet th crystal will do same but no way of knowing.

Check out the TED talks re: "choices". If you didn't have a choice on color and I said you had to have white or black and that was it you would still love the car and not regret it. When given a choice it makes it very difficult and after you may regret your decision after because of the chioce. Human nature.

Just go with your gut and pick what you think you will like and not what others would think. It's a very personal decision.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Yamaha GolfCart

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpeedRacer View Post
    Google is your FRIEND

beautiful Color, I still don't dig the new front although sideways don't look so bad. I kind of wonder why going for the Rs5 when the new 3.0T S5 is plenty fast.