Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Wheel Alignment Specifications. Official Factory Specs?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Someone please help me out here. I had a long day sitting at the dealership service department today since 7:30am-3pm. I have the bentleypublishers service manual for the C5 and it has lists of wheel alignment data for all the suspension models. I went to the dealership to get my alignment done (since none of my local mechanics (within a 30 mile radius) could get it done right) and I wanted it to be correct for once, which was the main reason I went to an audi dealer to get it done. They did the alignment and according to the bentleypublishers book, they used the specifications for a front wheel drive model, meanwhile I have a Quattro...

Does anyone have an official Audi service manual with the correct specifications for a 2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro with a 1BE (sports) suspension? A picture of the page with page number and book isbn would be awesome, please? Or help me out with finding the correct specs somewhere officially, other than what their Hunter alignment machine had...

I called AoA and another dealership and they couldn't give me the correct specs. =(
    Do I need to call Germany?

I can sort of feel that the rear camber is wrong, on hard turns the rear end lifts up higher...

Veteran Member Three Rings Audi_Tech's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C5 S6 Avant, 85 MR2, 07 Tahoe, 02 ZX12
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by badinstincts View Post
    Someone please help me out here. I had a long day sitting at the dealership service department today since 7:30am-3pm. I have the bentleypublishers service manual for the C5 and it has lists of wheel alignment data for all the suspension models. I went to the dealership to get my alignment done (since none of my local mechanics (within a 30 mile radius) could get it done right) and I wanted it to be correct for once, which was the main reason I went to an audi dealer to get it done. They did the alignment and according to the bentleypublishers book, they used the specifications for a front wheel drive model, meanwhile I have a Quattro...

Does anyone have an official Audi service manual with the correct specifications for a 2001 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro with a 1BE (sports) suspension? A picture of the page with page number and book isbn would be awesome, please? Or help me out with finding the correct specs somewhere officially, other than what their Hunter alignment machine had...

I called AoA and another dealership and they couldn't give me the correct specs. =(
    Do I need to call Germany?

I can sort of feel that the rear camber is wrong, on hard turns the rear end lifts up higher...
    Front camber - 1 05′ 25′
    Maximum permissible difference between both sides 30′
    Toe setting for each wheel (unladen) + 10′ 2′
    Toe check value for each wheel (unladen) + 10′ 5′
    Toe constant per wheel (setting value) + 7′ 2′
    Toe constant for each wheel (check value) + 7′ 7′
    Toe-out angle at 20 degrees 1 30′ 30′

Rear Camber - 40′ 30′
    Maximum permissible difference between both sides 30′
    Toe each wheel + 8′ 5′
    Maximum permissible deviation in direction of travel relative to vehicle longitudinal axis 10′

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

that is exactly what I have in the book, but they will not set it like that, where did you get that info? from bentley publishers' service manual? I need to have an official audi paper or something stating those specs so I can show them they are wrong.