Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Administrator Four Rings Anthony's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T Sedan
    Items for Sale

Thumbs up We captured vids of both an R8 V8 Coupe and V10 Spyder doing laps around Laguna Seca.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I was at a press event with the good folks from the Western Automotive Journalist group last week, and on Wednesday we had full use of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and various makes and models to test. Audi of America was nice enough to bring out both a V8 Coupe and a V10 Spyder, and luckily I had my GoPro with me to capture some goodness.

I grabbed two of the best drivers/instructors on hand from Hooked on Driving and we put the cars through their paces. It was an all around magical day, and I just love how the footage came out! We hit some slower traffic at points, but overall were able to really get the cars up to speed and through the twisties. And come on, look at that sky! It was raining nonstop just the day before!

Audi R8 V8 Coupe around Laguna Seca: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV8_49GiINs
    Driver: JD Edwards

Audi R8 V10 Spyder around Laguna Seca: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcNJkpRiNo0
    Driver: Gordon Sanderson

Huge thanks to our drivers JD Edwards and Gordon Sanderson from Hooked on Driving, the staff at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, everyone at Western Automotive Journalists, the ACNA Golden Gate Chapter, Page One Automotive, and Audi of America.

Active Member Two Rings Chuckleski212's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Get out the way mini cooper!!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T Sedan
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckleski212 View Post
    Get out the way mini cooper!!!
    Seriously!

Site Moderator Four Rings Stubek's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Honda Element SC
    Items for Sale

If you ever need someone to hold your coffee for you on one of these days, just shoot me an email!
    Kevin - Moderator, Audizine

2011 A4 Avant Meteor Grey/Black, Titanium Package, Prem+ Nav, B&O. Euro LED Tail Lights, Tint, LED license plate lights, LED interior lights, custom sub, lots of VAG updates, Eurocode Alu Kruez, Hotchkiss F/R Swaybars

Build thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ead?highlight=

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T Sedan
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Stubek View Post
    If you ever need someone to hold your coffee for you on one of these days, just shoot me an email!
    I'll keep that in mind! Although, you don't think NASA would care that you're off playing with cars rather than spaceships?

Site Moderator Four Rings Stubek's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Honda Element SC
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I'll keep that in mind! Although, you don't think NASA would care that you're off playing with cars rather than spaceships?
    That's what "sick" days are for! and I know someone who drives his 997 at Laguna Seca on occasion
    Kevin - Moderator, Audizine

2011 A4 Avant Meteor Grey/Black, Titanium Package, Prem+ Nav, B&O. Euro LED Tail Lights, Tint, LED license plate lights, LED interior lights, custom sub, lots of VAG updates, Eurocode Alu Kruez, Hotchkiss F/R Swaybars

Build thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ead?highlight=

Senior Member Three Rings aLTTP's Avatar
    AZ Member #

i fixed it to where what happens on one video is happening on the other too. so i scroll up and down
    Will toil for sustenance

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2009 A4 2.0T Sedan
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by aLTTP View Post
    i fixed it to where what happens on one video is happening on the other too. so i scroll up and down
    They're not the same runs, as I had them come in so that I could swap the GoPro camera between cars, but yeah that would give you a decent idea of the track fore and aft.

Site Moderator Four Rings OverSpun's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    F21 A4QMS Avant | GSD
    Items for Sale

Awesome videos and I love that track.
    Nick - Moderator | PM Questions or Comments

Current: '01 A4 TQMS Avant: GIAC | RaceTec FMIC | Frankenturbo F21L | Green Giants | 3" MAF | Forge 007PA | V&S SSK | 19" Sportecs | etc...
    Prev: '03 996 GT2 | '08 E92 335i | '05 A4 TQM USP | '01 A4 TQMS

Established Member Two Rings Frings's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Schwing! Thanks for sharing.