Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings Condo's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 S-Line

New to the B6/B7 S4 forum

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just last week I decided to post my stage 3 B5 S4 up for sale and start looking for a B7 S4. Got lucky to find a 2005.5 S4 for sale at Steve White VW Audi in Greenville, SC. They had just listed it online and didn't even have pictures up yet. I wasn't even sure it was a B7 because it was listed as a 2005 and they weren't asking that much for it. I was surprised when they sent me the pictures of a nearly flawless B7 with pretty much every option I was looking for and it only had 73k miles on it.

I wasn't expecting to find the B7 this quickly but Saturday I flew out to SC and drove it home. It's a Dolphin Gray 6 speed 2005.5 S4 with Silver Recaros and carbon fiber trim. It's mostly stock except for a short shifter (I'm hoping JHM) and an RS4 grille. I do miss the power from my B5 but everything about B7 is just smooth. I'm planning on adding downpipes, exhaust, and a JHM tune ASAP.

Here's a few cell phone pics until I can get some decent shots. And yes, I know the S4 badge is on the wrong side. Not sure what the previous owner was thinking but it's on my to do list.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 Audi S4, 1998 Audi A4

Congrats on your purchase. I have nearly the identical car (in Greenville, SC), except mine is a 2006, so different wheels but same color and interior trim. It should have been a fun ride home for you. Curious how much you got it for?
    Tom
    2006 Audi S4 (present), B7 platform. 1998 Audi A4 (present), B5 platform. 1975 Audi Fox (past), B1 platform.

Veteran Member Four Rings jlaudio's Avatar
    AZ Member #

awesome man i love it. im picking mine up wednesday and i can not wait!
    '10 B8 S4, stock for now.

Previous: 09 B8 A4, 06 S4 6MT, 07 A4 6MT, 02 A4 QM, 99 A4 QM

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Nice find and welcome to the community . Your lucky it took you such little time to find your car! I know some people that search everyday, and have been for months, yet still cannot find the right one. Cheers to an enjoyable ownership.

Sorry to let you know but that shifter doesnt look like a JHM, I dont think any of them sit that low. Out of curiosity, how notchy (if at all) is it?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 S-Line

Quote Originally Posted by audi49 View Post
    Congrats on your purchase. I have nearly the identical car (in Greenville, SC), except mine is a 2006, so different wheels but same color and interior trim. It should have been a fun ride home for you. Curious how much you got it for?
    Thanks. I really like the color combo. I had a Dolphin Gray B6 A4 before my B5. It was a long drive but definitely fun. Picked it up for $17,500.

Quote Originally Posted by jlaudio View Post
    awesome man i love it. im picking mine up wednesday and i can not wait!
    Nice! I'm loving mine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by M|R View Post
    Nice find and welcome to the community . Your lucky it took you such little time to find your car! I know some people that search everyday, and have been for months, yet still cannot find the right one. Cheers to an enjoyable ownership.

Sorry to let you know but that shifter doesnt look like a JHM, I dont think any of them sit that low. Out of curiosity, how notchy (if at all) is it?
    Thanks. I couldn't believe that I found one this this quick. After I bought it the salesperson was telling me how there were about 5 other people that were set to buy it if I didn't. I had JHM shifters on my last two cars and after driving a little more I can tell it's definitely not a JHM. It's not really notchy at all. I'm thinking it's a Neuspeed since there are Neuspeed stickers on the rear windows.

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    Thanks. I couldn't believe that I found one this this quick. After I bought it the salesperson was telling me how there were about 5 other people that were set to buy it if I didn't. I had JHM shifters on my last two cars and after driving a little more I can tell it's definitely not a JHM. It's not really notchy at all. I'm thinking it's a Neuspeed since there are Neuspeed stickers on the rear windows.
    That was my guess. Neuspeeds seem to sit exceptionally low. Just wondering how it felt as compared to JHM.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Man, it took me about 6 months to finally find the right one at the right time. I'm finally going to pick her up on Saturday.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    10 S4 6MT, 10 A6 Avant 3.0T

Nice find on the carbon trim.
    '10 S4 6MT Prestige :: Phantom :: Black/Magma Carbon Atlas :: Sport Diff :: APR Stg II+ :: AWE Exhaust :: Roc-Euro Intake :: TSW Nurburgrings 19x9.5 :: H&R OE Sport :: AluKreuz :: JHM Short Shifter :: RS4 Grill
    '10 A6 Avant 3.0T Prestige :: Night Blue Pearl :: Amaretto Interior :: H&R/Koni Suspension :: Custom Exhaust :: RS6 Grill

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Mazda RX8 GT

nice find and congrats, price seems on point. I recently found a 05.5 for a little cheaper but you have the options i want (CF trim, navi) and you are stick so i think you made out very well.

Veteran Member Four Rings nnnick's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 S4 6MT

Congrats! Beautiful car!
    2006 Audi S4 6MT | JHM: Tune, Intake Mani, LWCP, SS; STaSIS: Ohlins SL, 370mm (F) & 330mm (R) BBKs, Catback; 034 Motorsport: Sway Bar, Engine/Tranny Mounts, MAF Hose; oCarbon: Trim + Pillars; OEM: TT Steering Wheel, RS4 Bits Inside & Out; Misc: AF Vented Hood, Kerscher Lip, Piggies, Stern UCAs, LEDs everywhere

Veteran Member Three Rings bangoman's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Welcome! I see you had a stg3 b5 so you must like modding. http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=243.0 This link will help guide you as to what mods do what (don't forget to sign up and say hi).
    Stock

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 S4 , 97 A8, 97 XJ

Another DG in the house! Looks like you got it for a good price too. Nice find
    2005.5 S4 MT - Apikol snub mount // Apikol rear diff mount // Stern tranny mount // JHM Tune // JHM Intake Manifold and Spacers // JHM "Solid" SS // JHM Stage III Clutch and LWFW // Trex DPs // Fast Intentions 2.5" X-Pipe Cat Back w/ 14" Resonators // PSS9 Coilovers // 034 Rear Sway // 40% 3M tint // Lamin-X "tint" headlights and "gunsmoke" taillights // 19" Neuspeed RS10 summers // 18" VMR V710 winters

Senior Member Three Rings Time4Audi's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Congrats! Are those wheels 17s?
    14 S4, yeah its got a dipstick.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 S-Line

Quote Originally Posted by M|R View Post
    That was my guess. Neuspeeds seem to sit exceptionally low. Just wondering how it felt as compared to JHM.
    It feels smooth but a little too close to stock for me. I prefer the more precise and heavy duty feel of the JHM shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    Man, it took me about 6 months to finally find the right one at the right time. I'm finally going to pick her up on Saturday.
    Congrats. I really lucked out with my timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kem View Post
    Nice find on the carbon trim.
    Thanks. I think it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by mgikone69 View Post
    nice find and congrats, price seems on point. I recently found a 05.5 for a little cheaper but you have the options i want (CF trim, navi) and you are stick so i think you made out very well.
    Thanks. At this price with the options and mileage I had to jump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by nnnick View Post
    Congrats! Beautiful car!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bangoman View Post
    Welcome! I see you had a stg3 b5 so you must like modding. http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=243.0 This link will help guide you as to what mods do what (don't forget to sign up and say hi).
    I've always been into modding. I had a B6 had a built motor and 3076r before the B5. And thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Apat View Post
    Another DG in the house! Looks like you got it for a good price too. Nice find
    Thanks, I'm a big fan of DG. I was pretty excited when the dealership sent me the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Audi View Post
    Congrats! Are those wheels 17s?
    Thanks. They're 18s but I'm planning on getting 19s pretty soon.

Veteran Member Four Rings trexturk's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '11 Sprint Blue S4, 03 996 Targa

hey hey, whats up Condo. Long time no see. Im diggin the new car.

Registered Member Four Rings B6JoeS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Terminator Cobra

Woah condo. It's like seeing a ghost. I remember taking your car apart at minh's a few years ago.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 S-Line

Quote Originally Posted by trexturk View Post
    hey hey, whats up Condo. Long time no see. Im diggin the new car.
    Thanks Tom. Yeah, it's been a few years. I'm probably going to have to hit you up for some downpipes next time I'm in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by B6JoeS4 View Post
    Woah condo. It's like seeing a ghost. I remember taking your car apart at minh's a few years ago.
    Haha yeah that was crazy driving home like that. Looks like I'm going to have to part my B5 out too.