Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings das_boosthead's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

ER intercoolers and cutting

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    For anyone that's installed ER side mount intercoolers in your A6/AR, did you have to trim the face of the passenger side frame rail like the S4 guys have to?

Veteran Member Four Rings EErie B6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Honda HRX

The s4 guys do not HAVE to do that. I was researching ERs and know the thread you are speaking of. Something was wack with that guys car... there are plenty of others that had no problems during install.

A6s have the most room of all 3 (A6, allroad, S4) there should be no cutting of the frame rail. I spoke to JHM for over a half hour on this, discussing examples of what people had done etc. They swore up and down there was no cutting of the frame and they said at most there was only some minor trimming of the shroud.
    -John

"I don't always have a signature, but when I do, it goes here."

Established Member Two Rings das_boosthead's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Thank you! I've seen a couple of folks that have indicated they cut it and a couple that said they were able to squeeze the intercooler in without it. I'm not concerned about cutting the plastic but am hesitant to hack off a portion of the frame rail where the front support bolts on.

Veteran Member Four Rings EErie B6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Honda HRX

Call and ask for Dru @ JHM and he will tell you all about it.

you can also shoot him an email at sales@JHMotorsports.com

They have done several installs on each platform and he can give you the skinny on your particular application. I personally just drug him through the mud on all that and he was more than happy to help answer any question I could think of.
    -John

"I don't always have a signature, but when I do, it goes here."