Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings bayaud's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    66 fastback, 04 nogaro s4, 02 dolphin grey a4

Avic Z140 on B6 S4

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Got a new Avic Z140 installed, but am needing a Dash Kit. The one I got does not fit properly. Also, the Antenna signal for the Pioneer with a Metra Amplified Antenna Kit (40-VW53) does not have a good signal. Are there anything else that would make the signal better? The signal completely goes to static when put into the dash. Anybody have the same setup and issue I am having. I called Enfig and left a message, waiting on a response.

Please Advise.

2004 Audi S4
    Symphony II w/Nav and Bose System.
    **** N O G A R O **** ENUFF SAID !!!

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 Jeep Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by bayaud View Post
    Got a new Avic Z140 installed, but am needing a Dash Kit. The one I got does not fit properly. Also, the Antenna signal for the Pioneer with a Metra Amplified Antenna Kit (40-VW53) does not have a good signal. Are there anything else that would make the signal better? The signal completely goes to static when put into the dash. Anybody have the same setup and issue I am having. I called Enfig and left a message, waiting on a response.

Please Advise.

2004 Audi S4
    Go with this dash kit: http://enfigcarstereo.com/ENFIG_RMK8_A4B67.html. Worth the money. I used it in my B7 and have one in my A3 now. If you don't like it, browse the site and find one you do. The antenna is powered so you need this: http://enfigcarstereo.com/METRA_40_VW54.html. Make sure you connect the blue wire to a switched 12V source for power on with the car. It will drastically improve your radio reception, just know the radio reception in Audi's suck in general.
    Papachristou: i just said "yeah well you are still driving a neon, and she still wants to ride in my car"

2011 Audi A3 2.0 T Quattro S. Tronic Titanium
    APR K04 Turbo Kit, APR FMIC
    Carbonio Intake
    B&B Turboback Exhaust
    H&R Coilovers
    R32 Front Brakes
    Votex Side Skirts

Established Member Two Rings bayaud's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    66 fastback, 04 nogaro s4, 02 dolphin grey a4

all is working good now. the amplified antenna was bad.
    **** N O G A R O **** ENUFF SAID !!!

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

08 Audi TT 2.0- Pioneer Aviz Z140bh Install this week!

Quote Originally Posted by bayaud View Post

Please Advise.

2004 Audi S4
    AVIZ Z140bh

I too am getting this unit in the next week or so. I have a 2008 TT 2.0 and have been watching this new item from Pioneer for some time. Would you care to share your experience so far with this unit?

Was it a pain to set up? Did you go from stock unit to this HU and was there any problem popping it in?

Are you using an Iphone and if so, what apps have you tried on it via your cel? I heard aha radio has some cool apps to try.

Again, very curious as I have ordered the dash kit and harness, ipod cable for the unit, and a steering wheel controls cable. As it is not cheap I just am curious if you are still liking your new headunit?

Thanks, Necro

2008 Audi TT 2.0
    Audi Symphony w/ Bose Speakers