Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member Four Rings schmally's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Nothing worth adding

Schmally Needs Advise!!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I need a three day a week full routine 1.5-2.0 hours. I am 215 and would like an even 190. I want a full body but hit different workout every other day. Pm me for more details or just give me a WHAT I WOULD DO WITH A 3 DAY. Thanks for the help. OHH I would like at least 30mins pre cardio.
    Gcc's blacksheep

Veteran Member Four Rings SugarTTRS's Avatar
    AZ Member #

don't know what recipe you're looking for for the 3 day workout plan, but on the other days, do more cardio.
    simple as walking, jogging or biking.
    You create your own story......be a good writer!!!

Veteran Member Four Rings Bllzll's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    b8

Quote Originally Posted by schmally View Post
    I need a three day a week full routine 1.5-2.0 hours. I am 215 and would like an even 190. I want a full body but hit different workout every other day. Pm me for more details or just give me a WHAT I WOULD DO WITH A 3 DAY. Thanks for the help. OHH I would like at least 30mins pre cardio.
    ws4sb v.3 (google it)

go to the bottom and do the washed up meat-head routine. instead of the vanity day, just do some extra arms/other crap at the end of the scheduled days.
    ASE All Same Everything | Est. 2011 MA to FL

Veteran Member Three Rings ColinAndrews's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If you want to lose 25lbs make sure your diet is on point. Losing weight is largely about diet. Get your carbs belog 50g a day, eat more fat, moderate protein, and hit the gym for the usual suspects.

Squats, dead lifts, bench, overhead press, etc. Throw in some HIIT, sprints, etc.

Again, make sure you are eating correctly. Without it, nothing else matters.

Registered Member Four Rings schmally's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Nothing worth adding

Controlling my eating is the hardest part right now. I have got into a bad habit of eating till im excessively full. Im thinking about trying protein drinks during the day and a good dinner at night for about a week to try and shrink my appetite.
    Gcc's blacksheep

Veteran Member Three Rings ColinAndrews's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You don't need shakes. Just stop eating so much. It's not easy but it simple. If you start eating high fat (good fat) foods with protein in the meals you will feel more full for longer.

I assure you, spiking your insulin with shakes during the day and then gorging yourself at night wont help you lose weight.

Veteran Member Four Rings mdzaudi's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '03 A4 1.8tqm, 91 Explorer, '05 Arctic Cat M6

Quote Originally Posted by ColinAndrews View Post
    You don't need shakes. Just stop eating so much. It's not easy but it simple. If you start eating high fat (good fat) foods with protein in the meals you will feel more full for longer.

I assure you, spiking your insulin with shakes during the day and then gorging yourself at night wont help you lose weight.
    Spiking your insulin with the shakes isn't such a bad thing right after a workout and potentially in the morning.
    -Matt

FCDT Member #1

Senior Member Three Rings zamflip's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Snowboards
    Items for Sale

30 mins pre cardio? sure here it is.. hope it d help you

Kiddin'
    "Do I expect everyone to like my car? Not in the slightest, but I didn't build my car for anyone but me." --dre

Veteran Member Four Rings mister_tu's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Audi A4 & 1991 Toyota MR2

Anthony:[In regards to GCC] No, I own it (but have it on loan to Tu). | 4.14.11
    Co-President of the "I ♥ Selena Gomez AZ Fanclub" | 7.22.10
    Leader of the WGLYC Movement | Est. 2009
    Rapey Twins | H20i '11
    GCC Law/Rule #22 | ∞
    -=[SBSC]=- | 2010

Veteran Member Four Rings mister_tu's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Audi A4 & 1991 Toyota MR2

Quote Originally Posted by Bllzll View Post
    ws4sb v.3 (google it)

go to the bottom and do the washed up meat-head routine. instead of the vanity day, just do some extra arms/other crap at the end of the scheduled days.
    LOL...we're the biggest ws4sb advocates in the world. Dude, I added an extra day of more HIT/sprint drills...started today. OMG...my legs are mush.
    Anthony:[In regards to GCC] No, I own it (but have it on loan to Tu). | 4.14.11
    Co-President of the "I ♥ Selena Gomez AZ Fanclub" | 7.22.10
    Leader of the WGLYC Movement | Est. 2009
    Rapey Twins | H20i '11
    GCC Law/Rule #22 | ∞
    -=[SBSC]=- | 2010

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    b8

Quote Originally Posted by mister_tu View Post
    LOL...we're the biggest ws4sb advocates in the world. Dude, I added an extra day of more HIT/sprint drills...started today. OMG...my legs are mush.
    ha for real. I just cant get off the coolaide. I gained like 25 pounds of solid muscle. I weigh 150 benching 225. I am 110% ALL FOR ws4sb

Veteran Member Four Rings .Mad Hatter.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

ugh, how can you ask for advice but stipulate what you want to be told? Clearly any ideas you might have on the subject either aren't working, or you haven't tried yet; otherwise you would not have made this thread.

Buy the book "Starting Strength", and the book "The Paleo Solution". Do what both of them say and you will reach your goals.

Done.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mdzaudi View Post
    Spiking your insulin with the shakes isn't such a bad thing right after a workout and potentially in the morning.
    Except he wants to lose weight, so it's still a bad idea.

Veteran Member Four Rings Charlescrs6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E46 M3 'Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Bllzll View Post
    ha for real. I just cant get off the coolaide. I gained like 25 pounds of solid muscle. I weigh 150 benching 225. I am 110% ALL FOR ws4sb
    That's impressive man. I haven't seen results like that this yet but I've gained back about 5 pounds and am starting to lose my college stomach. I guess that's muscle, lol. My friends give me shit on WS4SB when they're doing isolation exercises every day. They don't believe me when I say my entire upper body is as sore if not more than when I was doing isolation exercises on just one or two muscles. I'd say that says something.
    Current: E46 ///M3 Convertible
    Past: 2004 Audi A4 1.8TQM: KW-APR-OEM+, 2003 Audi A4 3.0

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 Imola S4, 2009 R1

Quote Originally Posted by Charlescrs6 View Post
    That's impressive man. I haven't seen results like that this yet but I've gained back about 5 pounds and am starting to lose my college stomach. I guess that's muscle, lol. My friends give me shit on WS4SB when they're doing isolation exercises every day. They don't believe me when I say my entire upper body is as sore if not more than when I was doing isolation exercises on just one or two muscles. I'd say that says something.
    it does say something, but you can't measure your workout by soreness. i get caught in this too, feeling really sore i got a good workout and not sore i didnt but it simply isnt true.

I advocate isolation, but on a 3 day spread there is no way.

i would do something like this:

Day A: Chest/shoulders/triceps
    Day B: Back/Bi/Legs/abs

Then do it like this:

Week One:
    Mon: A Weds: B Fri/Sat:A
    Weed two:
    Mon: B Weds: A Fri/Sat: B

This way you hit things twice a week but only every other week. 3 days a week is going to be hard to shed fat if this is the only activity your doing. you need to be active and looking into cardio the other 4 days, at least 2-3.

Diet is 90%, so if your "having trouble" aka cant diet. Froget about it. Rough it out for a week, your stomach will adapt. It took me a long time to cut carbs but once you do you get used to it. I am down to 1 cup of oatmeal in the morning on training days. The other meals look like chickenbreast/olive oil. Steak/eggs. eggs/shitload of egg whites. peanut butter for snack. hummus/veggies for snack... its pretty satisfying. just cut the bread, cereal, dairy, and cheese (unless your careful).

this is really brief.. i dont feel like getting in depth if your not that serious.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    b8

Quote Originally Posted by Charlescrs6 View Post
    stick with it man. dont let other people take you off your track. i recently brought a friend on to doing this program and we workout together. at first he was bitching that it wasnt enough work, and he wasnt sore enough, blah blah blah...

week after week his bench and squats go up. as he started to see continued progress he finally bought in and realized he was now doing it the right way. now he loves it

this program has been tremendous for me

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SacAudi View Post
    it does say something, but you can't measure your workout by soreness. i get caught in this too, feeling really sore i got a good workout and not sore i didnt but it simply isnt true.

I advocate isolation, but on a 3 day spread there is no way.

i would do something like this:

Day A: Chest/shoulders/triceps
    Day B: Back/Bi/Legs/abs

Then do it like this:

Week One:
    Mon: A Weds: B Fri/Sat:A
    Weed two:
    Mon: B Weds: A Fri/Sat: B

This way you hit things twice a week but only every other week. 3 days a week is going to be hard to shed fat if this is the only activity your doing. you need to be active and looking into cardio the other 4 days, at least 2-3.

Diet is 90%, so if your "having trouble" aka cant diet. Froget about it. Rough it out for a week, your stomach will adapt. It took me a long time to cut carbs but once you do you get used to it. I am down to 1 cup of oatmeal in the morning on training days. The other meals look like chickenbreast/olive oil. Steak/eggs. eggs/shitload of egg whites. peanut butter for snack. hummus/veggies for snack... its pretty satisfying. just cut the bread, cereal, dairy, and cheese (unless your careful).

this is really brief.. i dont feel like getting in depth if your not that serious.
    You say diet is 90% yet you tell him that he has to do cardio to lose weight. I will agree with the first part, not the second. Cardio could help, but it certainly isn't the be all end all. I would also never advocate an isolation type split to anyone that wasn't a bodybuilder, especially not a beginner. A beginner needs to build proficiency in the basic movements (squat, bench, dead, press, chinup, row, etc.) Once that is accomplished there is room for variation, but not until then.