Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Question Loud sqeual after aux coolant pump replacement...No idea what went wrong..

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So last weekend I changed my aux coolant pump since it was leaking like a stuck pig via the manifold lift technique. I am pretty damn sure I put every vacuum line and other connection back together correctly but now when I start the car there is a very high pitch squeal coming from what seems to be the firewall side of the engine somewhere. When I wiggle the various vac lines in the area the pitch does not change so to me it seems like an electronic squeal. The pitch does vary in frequency when the motor is revved...Also, I noticed it is pulling about 2 mmHg less at idle and runs a tad rough..so that makes me feel like it is a vacuum leak..not sure what I have messed up..Any ideas?

I don't want to take it into a shop but if I need to does anyone know of a respectable S4 worthy shop in the Schaumburg / Chicago area?

Thanks!

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Did you properly bleed the cooling system after you finished? Sounds like air in the system.
    6 Speed--EPL--034--SPEC--ER--AquaMist--Forge--RS4--RS6--K04 --RNS-E--DTS--PSS9's
    SOLD

Greg
    C5UNION

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    TIAL S4 ** '74 Superbeetle ** '60 MGA

Delete that thing

Senior Member Four Rings The_Auto_Tech's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 Audi allroad 6MT

My first guess would be the brake booster vacuum hose. A lot of people crack those when working in that area.
    2006 Ford F-250 Amarillo Edition - MOARYLW - Mine

2001 Audi allroad 6MT - Wife's

Previous - MKIII Jetta, MKIV Jetta x2, MKIV GTi, B5.5 Passat x3, B5 A4 x2, B5 S4 x2, and tons of Domestic/Japanese crap

- Cody T.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Take a piece of relatively small pipe or hose, stick one end of it to your ear and move the other end around the suspected area to narrow where this is coming from. But I agree with the above, check the brake booster connector that goes to the firewall. It might just be loose now.