Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What would you pay for this car...

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    It's a 2009 black A5 prestige with pretty much everything you can get... 11k miles.. BUT has a salvage title from a rear end collision. I'm thinking about getting it but not too sure. I've had plenty of salvage/rebuilt title cars and they have actually been better cars than those I drove off the lot... oddly enough. BUT they are a pain to re-sell. I mean i'm not planning to re-sell but you never know...

I've seen one with about the same miles for $26k and it was a flood victim lol and also not prestige... and a 2012 I think? Prestige still blue books for $38k I think it was?

Veteran Member Four Rings NYSpeedRacer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '15 Audi Q5 TDi | '14 BMW M6 Gran Coupe | '12 Audi K04 A5 | '13 VW JsW TDi | '08 Audi A4 2.0T
    Items for Sale

Ehh, I tend to avoid Salvage/rebuilt for the sole reason of demised resale value. Additionally, the warranty may also be useless as well. If I'm correct, once a vehicle has been salvaged, the warranty goes out the window???
    2015 Audi Exclusive Ara Blue Crystal Effect Q5 TDI (Jan '15)

2012 Audi Exclusive Ipanema Brown Metallic APR k04 A5 (For Sale)

Build Thread | Instagram

2007 Audi A4 NYC Love Tapper - No Mods

AZ Member #

Yeah and I don't think they will insure salvage titled cars
    2015 Audi []RS5: Sepang Blue | Titanium Pkg |
    Mods: | Modulare Forged M14 | H&R | B&O | Sports Exhaust
    Past: 2012 Audi A5. Sline: Phantm Blk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You're correct there won't be a warranty but that's ok I don't tend to trust shops to touch my vehicles anyways.
    Insurance will cover a salvage rebuild just fine.
    Banks (mostly credit unions) will loan money on them as well.

I've had a Honda del sol, mustang mach 1, and Subaru STi all with salvage rebuild titles (I rebuilt the Honda) and never had any issues with any of them. Hell I had a brand new V6 mustang that I had nothing but problems with (damn ford). The STi I got with 25k miles and sold with like 80k miles. Never had one problem with it! And it was totaled pretty badly...

So the only Downfall of this car is resell issue. And not sure how much I should offer..

Veteran Member Four Rings CupcakeS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a box with wheels
    Items for Sale

Has it already been repaired? I'd be super diligent in researching the repair work if you're dead-set on this car. Honestly I'd stay away from salvage or rebuilt cars of this caliber. I bought a '90 Jetta coupe w/ a branded title once but that was a cheap car that I didn't really care about rebuild quality on. Would have never, ever considered a wrecked S5 when I was looking for one.
    My '99 Avant was hit hard from the side in the rear corner years ago, close to a total. I took it to one of the best body shops in the region and they did quality work but it still never can be perfect. I doubt this A5 would be either.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

He stated he had it inspected before he bought it (yes it's been rebuilt) and it passed. He said he'd pay for another inspection and fix anything that may pop up. He seems pretty sure about the car being ok.

I only have mid 20k to spend. Would like an A5. But may just go A4. Not sure yet. Been driving the boyfriends A6 and feel bad that I've put more miles on it than he has