Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Headlight Replacement ???

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Am thinking of replacing my headlights with Bi-Xenon headlights. Removing the headlights is it hard? Do you need to remove the front bumper to replace the headlights ??

Thank you,

Senior Member Four Rings Jay-Bee's Avatar
    AZ Member #

YES
    -Jon

2005 VW Passat Variant 1.8T 4Motion 5M/T

Established Member Two Rings djp2's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1972 Super Beetle

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-Bee View Post
    X2
    2007 A4 2.0TQM - Drakes Performance Stage 4 Clutch - Drakes Performance Limited Edition Billet Aluminum Valve Cover - 4'' Stainless Cat Delete Upper Downpipe - K&N Cold Air Intake - AWE Front Mount Intercooler - Forge DV -
    Pioneer avic f700bt - 2 JL Audio w3's Custom BandPass Box - JL Audio XD400/4 - JL Audio XD600/1
    Audio Build on the way
    djP2 my website

Veteran Member Four Rings GA42.0T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

The forum givith.

Or more specivically, Phil givith, and givith.

And givith.

Ang givith.

Go forth, research and mod.
    Jamie | 2008 2.0T FWD 6MT Brilliant Black S-like
    S-line Suspension+B5 Spring Perchs | RAI HFC | ER SMIC | 034 TIP | B8 18X8 Sport Wheels | Spacers: 10/12.5mm | RS4 Sway | "D" DV | De-badge | S4 Blackout Grill | Euro RNS-E | OEM Ecode Xenons | Clear Side Markers | Cupra Lip | S4 Mirror Caps | ECS Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors | Ceramic Pads | Poser S-line Door Badges | Podi | 034 Catch Can. Go: Still Stage Zero

Senior Member Four Rings FraggyA4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VW Jetta TDI, Jeep Comanche
    Items for Sale

Bumper is hard the first time but after that you can whip on and off in 30 minutes. Biggest thing is, Do you have the tools? Just search the DIY Phil has about everything you could ever ask for in this situation.

Veteran Member Four Rings AudiTFSI3o3's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Audi A4 2.0T, 2011 IS350 AWD
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by GA42.0T View Post
    The forum givith.

Or more specivically, Phil givith, and givith.

And givith.

Ang givith.

Go forth, research and mod.
    my son..
    '14 Audi S4 Premium+ | Sport Diff | | Ice Silver Metallic | APR Stage II+ | Airlift V2 | AccuAir | RS4 Grille | RHO | G-Codes | VAG'd | Super Bright Leds | USP Motorsports Intake | Eurocode AK | AWE Boost Tap/Vent Gauge | AWE Resonated Exhaust | Enlaes EB8X Spoiler | Eurogear Diffuser | Spulen Diff Mount | 034 Trans Insert | Vertini Magic | VMR v810 |

'07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro | Stage 3 (Parting Out)

'11 Lexus IS350 AWD | Starfire Pearl

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Jetta, 2004 R6, 2007 B7

i second everything! lol the first time you remove bumper you will think WHY!!! but then it becomes second nature. Just so you know... REMEMBER TO PLUG IN THE FOG LIGHTS!!!!!! (you also have to remove bumper to change foglight bulb so depending on how old urs are you might as well change them)

Veteran Member Four Rings GA42.0T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by aldito2 View Post
    i second everything! lol the first time you remove bumper you will think WHY!!! but then it becomes second nature. Just so you know... REMEMBER TO PLUG IN THE FOG LIGHTS!!!!!! (you also have to remove bumper to change foglight bulb so depending on how old urs are you might as well change them)
    Here's another just as important tip. Or tips.

1) When putting it back on, make sure you're on the bumper posts correctly. See Phil's DIY on bumper adjustment. If you miss and slide the onto the wrong part of the post, you'll have a bad bumper gap

2) Once you've got it back on and screwed down the three bolts around the grill, BEFORE you bother clipping in and bolting down the sides, CLOSE YOUR HOOD to see if you've got the bumper gap right. If it don't look right, pull it off and try again.

Sux when you've got that mofo all the way back on, fender liners screwed down and you're cleaning up your tools, and THEN you close your hood to see a fugly bumper gap.
    Jamie | 2008 2.0T FWD 6MT Brilliant Black S-like
    S-line Suspension+B5 Spring Perchs | RAI HFC | ER SMIC | 034 TIP | B8 18X8 Sport Wheels | Spacers: 10/12.5mm | RS4 Sway | "D" DV | De-badge | S4 Blackout Grill | Euro RNS-E | OEM Ecode Xenons | Clear Side Markers | Cupra Lip | S4 Mirror Caps | ECS Slotted/Drilled Front Rotors | Ceramic Pads | Poser S-line Door Badges | Podi | 034 Catch Can. Go: Still Stage Zero

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Thank you, "ALL" for the helpful feed back - I was hoping this project would be a straight forward / plug & play type of set up.

NO, I do not have the tools to remove the bumper. I'll have the Audi mechanic replace the headlights. He has the tools/knowledge -
    Getting the feeling if I tried removing the bumper without correct tools this would turn into a much larger project.

Again, Thanks for the added help.