Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant
    Items for Sale

Wiper Stalk interchangeability

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My dad just bought a b7 avant but it doesnt have the tech package. I've read all about the wiper stalk retrofit and now I'm just wondering what the interchangeability is between model years and wiper stalks so I know what to look for. Does any B6 or B7 stalk with toggles on the end work? Do I need an avant specific wiper stalk, i.e., so that the rear wiper works? Does anyone have the part number?

I looked through a few pages of a search but didn't immediately find the info. Thanks!
    Current: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | Michelin PSS | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar | 034 RSB End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

Past: 2005 Brilliant Black A4 Avant 1.8TQMS | 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant

Senior Member Four Rings Jay-Bee's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Avant View Post
    Do I need an avant specific wiper stalk, i.e., so that the rear wiper works?
    I have considered doing this retro-fit as well... but NEVER thought of that!

Hope fully some of these nice people with ETKA access can give a look.

Avant 4 life!
    -Jon

2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5speed - Current and missing my wagons :(
    2005 VW Passat Variant 1.8T 4Motion 5M/T -Sold
    2007 Audi A4 Avant 2.0TQ 6speed -Sold

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

My dad just bought a b7 avant but it doesnt have the tech package. I've read all about the wiper stalk retrofit and now I'm just wondering what the interchangeability is between model years and wiper stalks so I know what to look for. Does any B6 or B7 stalk with toggles on the end work? Do I need an avant specific wiper stalk, i.e., so that the rear wiper works? Does anyone have the part number?
    Just got done doing this to mine, as far as I could tell from my research any B6 or B7 stalk should work. But you will need to make sure you get one for an Avant, the part number is 8E0-953-503-C -4PK

Also, you need to either ground out a pin on the back of the instrument cluster, or pick up the low washer fluid sensor and wiring harness. It's a fairly easy DIY, hardest part for me was finding someone with a full VAG-COM and then figuring out why it would not let me change my steering wheel code.
    White Wagon

Twitter/Instagram: IDFront

Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    Just got done doing this to mine, as far as I could tell from my research any B6 or B7 stalk should work. But you will need to make sure you get one for an Avant, the part number is 8E0-953-503-C -4PK

Also, you need to either ground out a pin on the back of the instrument cluster, or pick up the low washer fluid sensor and wiring harness. It's a fairly easy DIY, hardest part for me was finding someone with a full VAG-COM and then figuring out why it would not let me change my steering wheel code.
    Thanks for the info!

I read up on all the retrofit threads and we'll be adding the washer fluid sensor so that it's fully functional. I have a full VAG-COM, so that helps. From what I heard, you have to be careful what order you install things, to make sure the new steering wheel coding is accepted. Is that what your problem was?
    Current: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | Michelin PSS | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar | 034 RSB End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

Past: 2005 Brilliant Black A4 Avant 1.8TQMS | 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

From what I heard, you have to be careful what order you install things, to make sure the new steering wheel coding is accepted. Is that what your problem was?
    Not sure yet, I decided to not bother installing the washer sensor (I may eventually, but for now just installed the stalk) but for some reason I could not get VAG to accept the change in steering wheel coding. Hopefully I can get it sorted this weekend. I am sure you saw it in the other thread as well, but do the coding first, then install the stalk/sensor and it should work fine.
    White Wagon

Twitter/Instagram: IDFront

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

It's very easy, I did a retrofit on my car, and besides taking off the clockspring and steering wheel, everything was incredibly easy. Just dont make the mistake of accidentally pushing the airbag connectors out of their holes, and having to take it all apart again. I love having the DIS. I bought my stalk off of ebay. I think I saw one on there for an avant too, just look around a little.
    2002 Audi S6 Avant