Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 26 2010
    AZ Member #
    66227
    Location
    San Francisco
    Items for Sale

    Valve cover gasket seals.

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Wanna do em, was wondering if they were difficult to do. I've done my timing belt and thought that was a bitch, doable, but a bitch nonetheless haha. Is there a good DIY I can follow?
    Does anyone know how long they take to change?


    Thanks AZ

  2. #2
    Senior Member Three Rings BenjaminR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 07 2009
    AZ Member #
    40854
    My Garage
    Allroad, CJ5, Camaro, & lots of bicycles
    Location
    Seattle

    They are not terrible. If you did a TB job then you can handle valve covers.

    Not to be a prick like most guys on here but a quick search would yield the info you seek just as a future FYI. You are not the first person to ever ask about replacing these.

    Quick google search even has a you tube video.

    http://www.blauparts.com/audi/audi_v...sket_kit.shtml
    I drink a lot of beer

  3. #3
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 26 2010
    AZ Member #
    66227
    Location
    San Francisco
    Items for Sale

    Yeah, I saw that coming, I wanted to make sure that I had one for the 2.7T and if I can handle it, needed opinions. I appreciate how you didn't give me a prick answer. Thanks. I saw the youtube vids, but they don't show you how they got there. :/

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Four Rings Yesmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15 2009
    AZ Member #
    42535
    My Garage
    couple 2.7t's, and a tacoma
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA

    yeah, audi valve cover gaskets are cake they have grooves in the head+valve cover, and the gasket! it takes a complete retard to fuk it up. i was doing the vcg on one of our old ford work trucks thinking "yeah i work on audis, ford is nothing." the cheap motherfu.. pieces of junk are harder to me then audi.
    just make sure you torque it down corectly and tighten from the center out.

    ^benjamin, I drink a lot of beer too :)

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Four Rings Yesmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15 2009
    AZ Member #
    42535
    My Garage
    couple 2.7t's, and a tacoma
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by Paliincali91 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that coming, I wanted to make sure that I had one for the 2.7T and if I can handle it, needed opinions. I appreciate how you didn't give me a prick answer. Thanks. I saw the youtube vids, but they don't show you how they got there. :/

    the inlets for the turbos, just undo the bolt for them, and pull them out, undo y pipe . and pull the valve cover off

  6. #6
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 26 2010
    AZ Member #
    66227
    Location
    San Francisco
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Yesmar View Post
    yeah, audi valve cover gaskets are cake they have grooves in the head+valve cover, and the gasket! it takes a complete retard to fuk it up. i was doing the vcg on one of our old ford work trucks thinking "yeah i work on audis, ford is nothing." the cheap motherfu.. pieces of junk are harder to me then audi.
    just make sure you torque it down corectly and tighten from the center out.

    ^benjamin, I drink a lot of beer too :)


    Haha, Yeah I had a Ford, HAD. :P Do I need to remove the intake and other things?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 26 2010
    AZ Member #
    66227
    Location
    San Francisco
    Items for Sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Yesmar View Post
    the inlets for the turbos, just undo the bolt for them, and pull them out, undo y pipe . and pull the valve cover off
    Nothing else? It's that easy?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Three Rings BenjaminR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 07 2009
    AZ Member #
    40854
    My Garage
    Allroad, CJ5, Camaro, & lots of bicycles
    Location
    Seattle

    I drink a lot of beer

  9. #9
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 26 2010
    AZ Member #
    66227
    Location
    San Francisco
    Items for Sale

    What I don't understand is the whole turning the crankshaft thing. What is that all about?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 26 2010
    AZ Member #
    66227
    Location
    San Francisco
    Items for Sale

    bump



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2014 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.