Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings q2quest's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I did something real stupid and now I'm in trouble. Please advise.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Ok, this may have been the dumbest thing I've ever done. I was trying to use a set of 8 mm wheel spacers, but they wouldn't clear the hub lip. So I cut down the hub lip with a cutoff wheel, but I took too much material off and now there is not enough lip for the wheel to hang on. Obviously, now the wheels cannot be perfectly centered and I have an annoying vibration at speed. Can anyone think of a way to get my wheels centered without relying on the hub, which now cannot do its job? Maybe some custom threaded alignmment dowels or something? God, I feel like an idiot.
    Gone but not forgotten: 2000 A6 2.7T six speed. Silver w/black sport interior. K04s. GIAC X chip, 18" Avus wheels.

Senior Member Three Rings pDubs's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Kawasaki ZX6R, 1973 Honda CB350F

That just didn't sound like a good idea from the start. I would say your best bet is to just replace the hub.