Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Woo-Hoo .... My Mods came in the mail today ...

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    ... and I am crazy excited to get them on ...

but first I have to get them painted :(

p.s.- the flat-bottom race steering wheels are unbelievably amazing when you wrap your hands around them. Wow... I'm impressed. Very Impressed.

Pics to come once everything is installed!
    2011 Audi Q5 TFSI -- CUSTOM []S MODEL --
    Ibis White/Cinnamon
    [P+/S-line/MMI 3G/Nav/B&O/20" Titanium Peelers/Black Optic RS Grille/Flat-bottom Wheel/Sport Shifter/Brembo/Adam's Slotted Rotors/STāSIS Sway Bar/ST Coilovers/APR Stage 3 K04/HFC/STāSIS Exhaust (365hp/395 lb-ft)/VCDS]

Senior Member Three Rings D_Frost's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDent View Post
    ... and I am crazy excited to get them on ...

but first I have to get them painted :(

p.s.- the flat-bottom race steering wheels are unbelievably amazing when you wrap your hands around them. Wow... I'm impressed. Very Impressed.

Pics to come once everything is installed!
    Nice! Looking forward to the pics :)

AZ Member #

Here's a little something to tide you over until I can get the other items painted & installed.

Just had the brake calipers custom painted & decaled. Who say's you need RS5's... although those are freakin' sweet though.

Enjoy! (and disregard that I need the rims detailed ... these were just the quick pics out of the custom shop)

(front)

(rear)
    Ibis White/Cinnamon
    [P+/S-line/MMI 3G/Nav/B&O/20" Titanium Peelers/Black Optic RS Grille/Flat-bottom Wheel/Sport Shifter/Brembo/Adam's Slotted Rotors/STāSIS Sway Bar/ST Coilovers/APR Stage 3 K04/HFC/STāSIS Exhaust (365hp/395 lb-ft)/VCDS]

Senior Member Three Rings audirings4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Another Audi
    Items for Sale

Are you the guy with all the sline stickers and decals on his non-sline Q5?

AZ Member #

Not anymore. Swapped out everything for S-Line parts. They don't offer the Turbo in S-Line, I'll do it myself.

When I first got the Audi, I didn't know the difference between them. Now I do.

Pics to come soon.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Another Audi
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDent View Post
    Not anymore. Swapped out everything for S-Line parts.
    So it's a fake or clone.

AZ Member #

How is that? It's the exact same vehicle as any other S-Line in the US, but the 2.0T, instead of the 3.2. Many, many will argue the 2.0T is the better engine.

And they offer the S-Line package on the 2.0's in Europe, just not over here.

It's built on the same frame, etc, obly difference is the bumpers, skirts, steering wheel (the one I've got is even better than stock) and trim panels. The Sline pkg is cosmetic, nit performance.

There called mods. If i can't buy the S-line pkg from the dealer, I can sure as hell buy it from Audi and put a full OEM S-line pkg on my car if I want. If your ass is wound so tight it's gotta be straight off the assembly line then there will be a ton of people on here who mod their vehicles who will disagree with you.

If you don't like it, I suggest you shove it, and don't read or post in the thread.

I'll be sitting here enjoying a car that is more than likely nicer and sportier than yours.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Another Audi
    Items for Sale

^If it's not built from the factory that way then it isn't an sline.

If your way of thinking was correct than anyone can go out and create a Yenko or Copo Camaro from a base model and it would still be worth the same and considered by collectors as the same thing.
    I could give you countless examples were people create clones and they are marketed, advertised, and sold as just that.

Yes, they're called mods and you can try all you want to make it look like an sline but in reality it will never be the real thing.

As far as being "nicer" and "sportier" that is in the eye of the beholder. Enjoy your clone aka fake sline.

AZ Member #

--deleted by me--

you read it and that's all that needed to be said.
    Last edited by ThunderDent; 04-01-2012 at 11:35 AM.

AZ Member #

And FWIW, I never claimed to have a factory S-Line. Nor would I ever represent it or sell it as such.

I claim to have a modded CUSTOM S-Line, It says so right in my sig.
    Built on the American 2.0T platform ((Audi MLP= includes ALL Q5 models and all A4/S4, A5/S5/RS5, A6/S6/RS6, A7/S7 & A8/S8 models).
    It's still a factory built Audi Q5.

That certainly doesn't make it fake or a clone. And I think if I were you I'd chill out a bit, as a lot of us put mega money on here into modding our vehicles the way we want them.
    It's a $50,000 original vehicle, that has been custom modded to have all OEM factory S-Line parts on it, straight from the shop in Germany.
    It's not like I'm putting Mercedes badges on a Ford Fiesta, or adding made in China bumpers all over the thing, claiming S-Line.

It's a process of getting to know your vehicle and making it your own. You may have an amazing vehicle, I don't know one way or the other. I'm sure it's nice. I'm not going to down another Audi owners car on an Audi enthusiast web site.

You need to chill out with the fake/clone $hit, that's all I'm saying. Be an adult. We all drive and love very nice vehicles on here.
    Ibis White/Cinnamon

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12 S4; 12 Q5 2.0T Prem+ Ibis White

Quote Originally Posted by audirings4 View Post
    ^If it's not built from the factory that way then it isn't an sline.

If your way of thinking was correct than anyone can go out and create a Yenko or Copo Camaro from a base model and it would still be worth the same and considered by collectors as the same thing.
    I could give you countless examples were people create clones and they are marketed, advertised, and sold as just that.

Yes, they're called mods and you can try all you want to make it look like an sline but in reality it will never be the real thing.

As far as being "nicer" and "sportier" that is in the eye of the beholder. Enjoy your clone aka fake sline.
    Wow. What's with the harsh reponse to the op's mods? Since there is no 2.0T s-line offered in the states, the yenko analogy just doesn't work.

Kudos to the op on converting his 2.0T to all s-line or "better" parts. I am just about to swap the 2.0T rear bumper with the s-line bumper. I agree that it blows that Audi chose not to make the s-line trim available on the 2.0T in the states.
    Last edited by ckamps; 04-02-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Senior Member Two Rings DrnknCamel's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Personally i think if you add all the parts then it is an S-line. Like the OP said. They are all cosmetic anyway. Props to you man for converting the car to the way you want. On with the Pics!!!!!!

AZ Member #

Here's one of the "better than factory" additions that will come soon ...

Ibis White/Cinnamon