Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

new to the audi avant world

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    well ive been lurking for a bit since I bought my b5 s4 avant and imported it in to canada. well here it is, basically stock as atm as im a poor university student .

since i got it home ive done, valve cover gaskets moon gaskets and tensioner gaskets new plugs, front brakes, timming belt and water pump, serp belt, oil pump fixed the broken wire going to the sensor front motor mount, removed the nasty tint. cleaned out the spider pcv thing and replaced the hoses with heater core hose. and test fitted my wheels.

anyhow now its order some coil overs, exhaust, fix the body and start saving to do st3. o and some past wagon horing
    (2007 3.6 4 motion)

(96 850R factory manual wagon only sold in canada)

Forum Moderator Four Rings SoCalS4Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Was that the S4 Avant that was near Chicago, IL a while back?\

Welcome to Audizine, and Avants Only, where we love all things about sexy wagons. Some great pics you've posted.
    Dan - Moderator/Wiseguy

People are stupid. It's a fact. It's science. - tankdeer

Nothing makes me happier than the fact that your motive is based on spite, revenge, and regret. Well done sir. A tip of the hat to you. - tankdeer

Better be careful. That's the kind of car that can get people pregnant. -Jermunji

Senior Member Three Rings Shanster's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Hey welcome to the forum!

I hate to introduce myself with something negative...but those wheels just do not look good on the avant...

Otherwise congrats on the Avant and welcome! hah
    Brent
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro 6MT

Veteran Member Four Rings A6Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    T4 Eurovan 2.5L 5spd (Currently under construction). MKII Jetta (GLI in the making :)

Welcome! LOVE the "R" ;)
    Jeremy-

1999 C5 Avant 2.8, 1992 T4 Eurovan 5 spd, Slammed and gift wrapped!

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Shanster View Post
    Hey welcome to the forum!

I hate to introduce myself with something negative...but those wheels just do not look good on the avant...

Otherwise congrats on the Avant and welcome! hah
    fair enought, im waiting till i get the coils on see how they look and work on the car, they arnt the wheels i would have chosen for the car but i have them and ill run them for at least this year and go from their. its also hard to find people wanting to spend 2500-3k for wheels lol.
    01.5 S4 Avant...various stages of broken
    02 tdi 2 door golf. vnt 17/22 since the winter beater should be able to run down gti's
    internet mechanic since 2005.

Veteran Member Four Rings lnferno's Avatar
    AZ Member #

"The Sports Sedan with a Fanny Pack"???? Really? Audi really put that on the sticker???
    Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring
    Present: '11 Audi A6 Avant 3.0T Suzuka Grey Prestige Stg II+ | Past: 06 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S | 01 Audi S4 - Stg III+ | 06 VW Touareg V8 | 06 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T Stg I | 06 Audi A4 2.0T - Stg 3- | 01 Audi S4 - Stg II

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1985 UrQ, 1988 QSW w MC1, 1983 Quantum TD, 91 Golf, Chinese mini truck.

Wow, when I was a poor university student I would have never been able to afford an S4, even if it did need some work. I def wouldn't have been able to afford coilover. Welcome to the forums nontheless. Oh yeah, I love those 850R's

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

my dad is a prof at the university I go to so its half price and i live at home because i live across the street from school. (well for now part of the reason for getting rid of the passat is because the gf wants to get a place together, had to chose car payment or place) I also have 2 good jobs. car audio bay senior at best buy, and work at a construction company. i miss the 850r every day. it was so much fun. i have a video of it on the dyno some where
    02 tdi 2 door golf. vnt 17/22 since the winter beater should be able to run down gti's

Senior Member Four Rings howardfootball's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '57 Ford Thunderbird

I would have never gotten rid of an 850R, especially a manual one and it's red. Perfect haha
    Tyler | SteeLow

Senior Member Three Rings flir67's Avatar
    AZ Member #

[QUOTE=alpine45;7425526]well ive been lurking for a bit since I bought my b5 s4 avant and imported it in to canada. well here it is, basically stock as atm as im a poor university student .

since i got it home ive done, valve cover gaskets moon gaskets and tensioner gaskets new plugs, front brakes, timming belt and water pump, serp belt, oil pump fixed the broken wire going to the sensor front motor mount, removed the nasty tint. cleaned out the spider pcv thing and replaced the hoses with heater core hose. and test fitted my wheels.

holycow, you've done some serious work on your audi... good job!!! wheels look awesome .. more pics of the new rims on the car... they look pretty nice....

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

boring sunday, thought id update this, since last pictures ive done control arms, straight pipe cat back, boost hoses in hot pink, rns-e still not done but its in and works so now ill take it apart again and make it more...um pretty lol. rolled fenders. now its time to start saving to do some kind of big turbo set up.

new boost gauge

rns-e half was installed but almost done, needs another sanding+ plasty dip

and some body work over winter.