Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Alpine Head Unit - Factory amp not allowing rear speakers to work!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So recently I bought an alpine w407-EBT head unit. And also bought a ktp 445 power pack. (Amp you add to the alpine head unit ).

I had to buy the canbus adapter for the steering wheel controls.

For some odd reason only the front speakers are working through the head unit, and the rear speakers are still running off the factory amplifier.

My alpine dealer who installs it, is blaming it on the canbus unit and saying that there is nothing I can do about it, unless I rewire the audio directly to the head unit. But then I will lose steering wheel controls :(!

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

THis is all on an 05 Audi a3 quattro 2.0T

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Angry Alpine Head Unit

Quote Originally Posted by khonfahm View Post
    So recently I bought an alpine w407-EBT head unit. And also bought a ktp 445 power pack. (Amp you add to the alpine head unit ).

I had to buy the canbus adapter for the steering wheel controls.

For some odd reason only the front speakers are working through the head unit, and the rear speakers are still running off the factory amplifier.

My alpine dealer who installs it, is blaming it on the canbus unit and saying that there is nothing I can do about it, unless I rewire the audio directly to the head unit. But then I will lose steering wheel controls :(!

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

THis is all on an 05 Audi a3 quattro 2.0T
    The same thing happened to me! i had to install an amp in the car to fix the problem and it was $400 dollars, and you can still only turn up the volume for the rear speakers separately from the front and the volume of the rear speakers is connected to the factory amp so it could very easily blow out the factory amp. i recommend getting an after market sub installed as well as the amp.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 Jeep Liberty

Depending on which type of connector you have (block or DIN ISO), you need a harness that looks like this: http://enfigcarstereo.com/METRA_70_1787.html. This allows you to feed signal from the aftermarket HU's RCA preouts to the stock amp. The blue wire on the harness is for triggering the stock amp to turn on when the HU starts up. How or where you source one of these in Australia, I have NO idea, but it's what you need OP.
    Papachristou: i just said "yeah well you are still driving a neon, and she still wants to ride in my car"

2011 Audi A3 2.0 T Quattro S. Tronic Titanium
    APR K04 Turbo Kit, APR FMIC
    Carbonio Intake
    B&B Turboback Exhaust
    H&R Coilovers
    R32 Front Brakes
    Votex Side Skirts