Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings robbie_boy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Black 08 TT 3.2 VR6

B6 boost problem with loud air noise

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Ok so I have a 04 B6 1.8t and just over the past little bit I have started to notice a loud air noise when I hit the throttle hard. The car is basically stock the only after market parts I have is a Forge intake and a Forge DV splitter and a in car boost gauge that shows that its boosting like it should be but it feels like it is not going anywhere.

I replaced the turbo last year with a brand new stock K03s, I have taken my forge DV off and tried the stock one again still no difference. I have checked all my clamps and can't find anything loose.

The question is what else could be the problem?

The car drives fine as long as I don't boost. please throw me some ideas because I have run out of my own

Thanks,

Veteran Member Four Rings waldo1324's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    the Ghost of the Princess, 2007 Ford Fusion, 2006 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by robbie_boy View Post
    Ok so I have a 04 B6 1.8t and just over the past little bit I have started to notice a loud air noise when I hit the throttle hard. The car is basically stock the only after market parts I have is a Forge intake and a Forge DV splitter and a in car boost gauge that shows that its boosting like it should be but it feels like it is not going anywhere.

I replaced the turbo last year with a brand new stock K03s, I have taken my forge DV off and tried the stock one again still no difference. I have checked all my clamps and can't find anything loose.

The question is what else could be the problem?

The car drives fine as long as I don't boost. please throw me some ideas because I have run out of my own

Thanks,
    but you are showing full boost?

intake manifold gasket leak?
    ""GHETTO MODIFIERS"" member #1
    The Princess: SOLD.. i love you, please forgive me

"I agree with Waldo 100%" -1997GTX

..psst if you have a 2003+ 225 TT, email me..wally.iverson(at)gmail.com

Established Member Two Rings robbie_boy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Black 08 TT 3.2 VR6

Found the problem this weekend. It is a vaccum line valve that connects to the mainfold it sits at the back of the engine bay. just happen to touch it and it finally broke apart. not bad tho it will cost me $65. Part # 058 133 753B