Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Audi A4 B7 Clear Corner Headlights

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi, I am new to the site and to forums in general, so please excuse me if I seem a little stupid!

I have seen posts about DIY clear corner headlight modifications, but to be honest, I don't have the skills, knowledge or confidence to open up the headlight myself to remove the HUGE ORANGE PLASTIC BLOBS (why did audi do that to the lights in the first place???)

Is it possible to buy standard (audi) headlights without the orange reflector, or are my only choices:

(a) to install non standard lights

(b) do the DIY mod?

Sorry if this has been covered before, as I said, Im new to this site.

My car is a completely standard 2006 Audi A4 DTM Quattro (with auto headlights).

Many Thanks.

Veteran Member Four Rings doublezero30's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 BMW 135i grey/red leather
    Items for Sale

you could check to see if the european lights had the orange reflector. audi had to put them in by law. i think newer cars dont have to follow this law as long as the bulb blinks orange. the mod really should be simple.

also, post about b7's in the b7 forum. i only found this thread because i was doing a google search on images for clear cornered b7's.
    -Nate

07 Ibis White A4 S-Line Ti Package [SOLD]
    B7A4 Build Thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...58#post7310258

Veteran Member Four Rings snopyro's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '12 Q7 TDI, DC Taco, SV650s, lots of snowboards

E-codes are euro spec headlamps which do not have the amber turn signal cap.

Phil (fly3000kts) fabricated clear turn cover caps to replace the amber ones for the oem look. Otherwise, you could be cheap and pull out the plastic amber cover and reveal your headlights. He has a DIY in the b7 a4 tech section if you want to do this yourself. Else, you could ship him your headlamps and he can add an led strip and clear cap at the same time.