Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Four Rings hodrosS42001's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2001 Audi S4 Dashboard ISSUE

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello, Recently I purchased an 2001 Audi S4. Beautiful car! But there seems to be an issue with the center dash. I have attached a picture of the problem. Only part of the display has light. I am not sure if the issue is due to a bad bulb or the lcd/led itself. Has anyone has this issue? or know of a way to fix it?

I know how to take the dash out, but I am looking for any more information, and if this issue is a common one.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You!

Established Member Two Rings Bells7246's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Very common, the older version LCD get pixel burn out. Need the LCD replaced, I know a guy in chi-town who just did mine. I should have it back in the next day or two. Let me know if u need his number.

Veteran Member Four Rings PNW Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 A4 Avant
    Items for Sale

This is a common problem. Send a PM to MPower. He's the best. I sent my dad's S4 cluster to him, and it's now perfect.

Also, if its bothering you in the mean-time, you can turn off the cluster using the buttons on your wiper stalk, i believe.
    Current: 2008 Ibis White Ti S-line A4 Avant 2.0T 6MT
    Black Alcantara S4 Recaros | RS4 Grill | S4 Mirrors | JHM Short Shifter | RNS-e + OEM BT | BBS CH reps | Michelin PSS | KW V2 | F+R S4 Brakes | RS4 Sway Bar | 034 RSB End Links | APR Stage 1 Tune | JHM Downpipe | B7 S4 Exhaust | Apikol Snub + Differential Mount | 034 Street Density Motor + Trans Mounts

Past: 2005 Brilliant Black A4 Avant 1.8TQMS | 2004 Arctic White S4 Avant