Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catback Exhaust

Established Member Two Rings BC-S4/02's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    APR RSC is a nice compromise between quite and loud. That would be my vote for your desires

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BC-S4/02 View Post
    APR RSC is a nice compromise between quite and loud. That would be my vote for your desires
    It sounds a little loud, but maybe not? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJmJmIpv-fs

Where can I buy Vibrant exhaust? This sounds perfect! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj3st0e_HGA

Senior Member Four Rings S4 00 2.7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Check Xceler8.

Veteran Member Four Rings shorterthanrich's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4 Nogaro Blue, 1996 Ford Exploder

You can buy my Vibrant if you like. Honestly, I think it sounds awesome, I always get compliments, and it will cost you a whole hell of a lot less than $1,000.

Here it is on my car when it was mostly stock:

Here's videos of me launching with 3" downpipes, no cats, and GT2560s with open wastegates...still a great tone, no drone, and not too loud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSX8d85pAA

Here it is as loud as its ever going to be... drive by on wastegate pressure, so the wastegates are loud as hell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygIBruqNpKI

FREE BEER, click: Pintley - Tap Into Your Tastes!

My iPhone/Android App
    2000 S4 Nogaro Blue DxC/BritishTurbo Stage GTX
    GTX2863 Build Thread - 575WHP

Veteran Member Four Rings Hyphy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 S4 Avant

I have an AWE Twin two exhaust for sale in the classifieds. $700 shipped. Great condition
    NIIICK

instagrams - niiickname

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    E46 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty2A4 View Post
    Autospeed is what is on my S4 and is very nice, not sure if it is as popular as some of the other mentioned here, but again it is near the 1k mark which I agree is hard to justify for a catback even though it is extremely well made, the welds on mine are amazing. But combined with piggies my car is very deep, very loud at WOT and higher RPMs and pretty quiet in 5th/6th at highway speeds with no droning so I am very happy with it.

Nice. That does look like a pretty good deal. How was the fitment?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 Mercedes E430 with factory Sport Pkg

Well after being patience for many months a pre owned Milltek 3" catback exhaust was listed on my local Craigslist. Was used for a couple of years, in great shape. Listed for $350 and I was lucky enough to be the first person to call and meet for local pick up. The guy told me that he had other guys ready to buy. So I took it to my local Midas muffler shop, install was a piece of cake for them since the Milltek was literally a perfect fit. Cost from Midas was $80.00. I was expecting a louder more aggressive sound, but I'm more than satisfied with the stealthy sound, but most of all no DRONING, not to mention a little weight reduction over the stock system. So next order of business a nice Cold Air Intake to complete my Stage 2 performance.

Senior Member Four Rings S4 00 2.7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Any pictures? You got a great deal.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

I did take a few photo's with my phone camera while it was on the rack, but haven't figure out how to load on the thread yet! Yes, I feel pretty good about the purchase. Any advice on a decent cold air intake would be appreciated for sure.

Active Member Two Rings goosedat's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by belltown98 View Post
    I did take a few photo's with my phone camera while it was on the rack, but haven't figure out how to load on the thread yet! Yes, I feel pretty good about the purchase. Any advice on a decent cold air intake would be appreciated for sure.
    The stock box will work fine. Save your money for future maintenance and future turbo replacement/ upgrade when your KO3's blow.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '00 S4 Tip

Quote Originally Posted by goosedat View Post
    The stock box will work fine. Save your money for future maintenance and future turbo replacement/ upgrade when your KO3's blow.
    x2. Just do the Darintake and put in a higher flow panel filter, if you really want to.

You could get something like this: http://www.034motorsport.com/engine-...t-p-20195.html

But honestly, as much as I think the 034 intake is a great product, I just wouldn't personally spend the ~$400 when the stock airbox isn't a real restriction at power levels below Stage 3.

Established Member Two Rings rhammyS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 S4

vibrant gets my vote. i have it on my car and it is awesome.

Veteran Member Four Rings shorterthanrich's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4 Nogaro Blue, 1996 Ford Exploder

If anyone's interested, my Vibrant is for sale. I love it, but I'll need some more flow for my Garrett GTX2863 build...

FREE BEER, click: Pintley - Tap Into Your Tastes!

My iPhone/Android App
    2000 S4 Nogaro Blue DxC/BritishTurbo Stage GTX
    GTX2863 Build Thread - 575WHP

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Can you PM me pics of the vibrant exhaust and condition? Thanks!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

I'm thinking about just swapping out my stock air filter with a replacement ITG Panel Air Filter WB-447 for $60.00 off of the AWE website. Anyone had a chance to use this product and feed back???

http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/a...itgfilter.html , http://www.itgfilters.net/ITG-Filter...47-15WB447.htm

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Now I'm stumped. The ITG or the K&N??? replacement panel air filter

Established Member Two Rings leopos69's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1974 Super Beetle(torn down) , 2000 Stage3 S4 (sold not forgotten), 2002 Jeep Liberty

I don't know about cheap... but my MTM w/silencer is so quite that when I'm in the 6500 RPM range I hear my turbos over the exhaust (even with AWE exhaust headers) but... the silencer alone was $900. Mine was built to be the ultimate sleeper though. Just a FYI kind of thing, do research all forum,YouTube and Google searches first even if its to throw out some brand names you ran across. It will help you from getting flamed asking questions everybody has asked before. Some guys get really pissed about it and unfortunately they are the dudes that can take apart and rebuild a S4 in their sleep! These are the guys you"ll want to speak with when you really start upgrading. Good luck with your B5/S4 and welcome to the addiction
    GT28RS Eliminator,Unitronics 660ccTune,630cc Inj,034Manifold,Walbro FuelPump,034 3"Catless Test Pipe,3"Intake w/3"MAF,Larger Scroll Wheel,Machined Turbo Snout,Borla Dual Exhaust,Apikol SMIC,034 Full HoseKit,ECS Inlet Hose,AFE CAI,ForgeDV,2.0T EFICoils,Spec2+Clutch/Flywheel,Density Motor Mounts,NEX SS Coilovers,CamberKit,StrutBar,034RearAdj RollBar,S4 FrontRoll,Brake upgrade,Etc.Still Slo as Hell!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12