Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Veteran Member Four Rings lnferno's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The Return of the Suzuka Grey A6 Avant!

Last year, with our first child on the way, I figured it was time to get an Avant. I got a pretty nice B7 A4 Avant (6 spd manual, Bluetooth, Cold Weather package, etc). I'm 6'2" and with the rear facing baby seat, it was pretty cramped. That, coupled with the day trips to see my family, we'd load up the Avant with the stroller, pack n' play, etc, it just was not quite enough room.

In January of this year, I started frequenting the "Avants Only" forum here and saw a lot of impressive C6 A6 Avants, but what cinched it for me was Bryzf1's (Bryan) Suzuka Grey Avant thread. That was the sexiest looking Avant that I'd ever seen. I learned in that thread that it was likely the "only" Suzuka Grey A6 Avant in the U.S. Bummer! I fell in love with that car and color the second I laid eyes on that thread. Unfortunately, I was about 6-7 months late to the party - - Bryan had sold his beautiful C6 A6 Suzuka Grey Avant last summer.

Oh well, since that was out of the question, I started my search for the perfect C6 A6. I wanted the Prestige package w/Cold Weather and it had to be the 3.0T supercharged engine. Suzuka Grey was pretty much out to the question since I learned that you had to custom order that color, so I figured I'd settle for an Ibis White or Silver A6 Avant. I searched everywhere you can possibly imagine online, but unfortunately, there were not that many to choose from and none of them had the cold weather package. I succumbed to the fact that I'd have to compromise. I finally settled on a 2011 Prestige Silver Avant. It was clear across the country and I really wasn't thrilled about it, but from the limited # of Avants to choose from (based on my earlier requirements), it was probably going to be my best bet. I exchanged several phone calls and emails with the seller and finally came to an agreement on the selling price. This was on a Friday a couple of weeks ago. I told him that on Monday, I'd wire the funds to him.

Despite the fact that I had pretty much finalized this deal, I still did my daily search for "my perfect Avant". That Sunday, I came across an ad that completely blew my mind. "2011 Suzuka Grey A6 Avant for Sale"!!! I was like W T F!?!?!? I thought that Bryan had the only Suzuka Grey A6 Avant!?!? It turned out that this was his car! The 2nd owner put it up for sale. The seller is actually an accomplished musician and tours, but as much room as this Avant has, he needed more room.

The timing couldn't have been better. I was literally hours away from wiring the funds to this other A6 Avant that I felt I was compromising on. I quickly contacted the seller of this Suzuka Grey Avant - - checked out all of the service records, etc and bought the car! I couldn't be happier with this purchase! It's ironic that I was finally able to get THE very same car that actually inspired me to get a C6 Avant in the first place!

As a lot of you probably remember, Bryan had done some very impressive mods to the car such as wheels and suspension (dropped). I'm sure the first question that I'm going to get asked is "What are you doing to do to it?". I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm actually going to keep it stock - - at least while it is still under warranty. After the warranty is up, then I'll likely put coilovers on it and maybe an ECU flash. Well, that's not entirely true. I actually did my first mod today. I hard-wired my radar detector (hey, that counts, right?).

I'll keep this thread updated as I have new updates to the car.

Anyways, I know these pictures aren't as impressive as how it looked when Bryan owned it (dropped w/wheels and all), but I still think it's sexy as hell!

Last edited by lnferno; 03-13-2012 at 07:00 PM.
    Current: 2021 Audi SQ7
    Past: 2014 Audi RS7 Stage 2 (quickest in Colorado) | 2014 Audi S6 Stage 1 | 2011 Audi A6 Suzuka Grey Avant (1 of 1) Stage 2 | 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S | 2001 Audi S4 - Stage 3+ | 2006 VW Toureg V8 | 2006 A4 Avant - Stage 1 | 2006 Audi A4 - K04 | 2001 Audi S4 - Stage 2