Hello All,
With the 20% discount being offered right now on Koni's I think it is time that I put new dampeners in the old girl. With that being said I may consider new springs as well. Now I know a lot of you are going to say to go for C/O's. Been there and done that on the B5 S4 and I just did not like the results with either Vogtland or H&R C/O's and I do not have the budget to go for KWV3's or middle Stasis set up. With that being said I am looking for a bit more of a controlled ride that Koni's offer, I have done 4 or 5 sets of Koni's on various Audi's with stock springs and been very happy. I guess what I am looking for is a spring that offers slightly higher rates then stock and offers a slight drop...like maybe an inch. Is there such a thing? I read a lot of reviews and it sounds like the H&R lowers the car quite a bit and there are a number of comments on how the ride has deteriorated quite a bit from stock. The Vogtlands seem to have some sagging issues over time and they rate there drop at well over an inch. I see the Tein's but I worry about the ride quality based on reviews of folks driving cars other then Audi's.

I may be looking for unobtainium here but wanted to check. If that is the case I will stick with the stock springs and go with the B5 lower spring perch which should lose about a 12-16MM of ride height in the front.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim