Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12 S4; 12 Q5 2.0T Prem+ Ibis White

removing Q5 door armrest

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I've found references to doing same for A4 B8, but didn't have any luck finding instructions for the Q5. Anyone have an idea as to how to remove the driver's side door armrest to access the window switches?

I removed the screw under the center section of the armrest, but it's not clear to me if there are other fasteners involved or just a series of clips.

Thanks in advance

Veteran Member Three Rings spijun's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

I think that the procedures for A4 B8 and the Q5 is the same here's your image from electronic catalog for the Q5

Maybe this is a help:
    http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Proje...rLighting.html
    Last edited by spijun; 03-06-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    12 S4; 12 Q5 2.0T Prem+ Ibis White

Thanks once again for the help.

I had looked at David's write up earlier, but a key difference between the B8 and Q5 is that the Q5 does not have the hole under the armrest into which a screwdriver or similar is placed to remove a section of the armrest without having to remove the entire door panel.

Based on the screenshots above, the bad news is that it appears that I need to remove the door panels in order to remove/replace the window switches. (I am in the process of installing the refresh switches).
    Last edited by ckamps; 03-06-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Senior Member Three Rings Maximum's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    My lounge

I'm trying to do the same thing. Any updates? Thanks!
    2012 S4 Prestige, Monsoon Grey, STaSIS exhaust/springs, APR Stage II+, RS grill, RS shifter knob, Roc-Euro intake, Ziza LEDs, CREE W16W Reverse LEDs. RS6 flat bottom wheel, MMI 3G+, P3 Cars guage, Passport mirror radar, LI, 034 trans mount & end links

2012 Q5 2.0T Blaze Orange Matte Metallic, STaSIS Tune, exhaust & 20x10 rims, RS grill, 2013 lights, LED interior, ACCUAIR B8 Sports suspension

2003 A4 Avant 1.8T silver

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    I'm trying to do the same thing. Any updates? Thanks!
    Which car ?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    My lounge

The Q5. Just curious if the door panels really have to come off. In the one diagram, it doesn't appear so. But is it like that with all the doors and what about the trunk release.
    2012 S4 Prestige, Monsoon Grey, STaSIS exhaust/springs, APR Stage II+, RS grill, RS shifter knob, Roc-Euro intake, Ziza LEDs, CREE W16W Reverse LEDs. RS6 flat bottom wheel, MMI 3G+, P3 Cars guage, Passport mirror radar, LI, 034 trans mount & end links

2012 Q5 2.0T Blaze Orange Matte Metallic, STaSIS Tune, exhaust & 20x10 rims, RS grill, 2013 lights, LED interior, ACCUAIR B8 Sports suspension

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

The Q5. Just curious if the door panels really have to come off. In the one diagram, it doesn't appear so. But is it like that with all the doors and what about the trunk release.
    Yes, you must remove the door trim

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    My lounge

Just the door trim or the entire door panel?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

Pictures above explains method and what you need and how to remove

Good luck

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    My lounge

Thanks for the info!!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi Q5 2.0TFSI S tronic

Thanks for the info!!
    If you need a PDF for this send me an email address to PM