Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: zuki'kid

Active Member One Ring FOURINGZ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

zuki'kid

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello fellow enthusiasts, I recently purchased an APR exhaust from zuki'kid , some kid name Kyle on this forum. We talked over private message to make sure that the product was legit and came to an agreed upon price. Later met up and made the transaction for cash and exhaust in hand. About a month later now, I go and try to put the exhaust on my car and I find out that its for a 6MT. Naturally, I gave this kid a call, yesterday, to see if the problem could be solved diplomatically and he didn't pick up my call at first. I called from a different number and he picked up the phone not knowing it was me on the other end. He then told me he would make things right and we would meet up today after he came from work to do an exchange and now his phone service is magically off. A little ironic!!!! So what out and don't buy anything from this dude.

Senior Member Three Rings AudiFan6482's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Chrysler Pacifica, 1972 Mercedes Benz 300

Well if nothing else can't you just take off the downpipe and use the rest of the exhaust? Thought the only difference with 6mt and tip was the downpipe.
    Sucks to hear that this guy is shady, and thanks for the heads up

Veteran Member Four Rings doublezero30's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I mean it sucks but it's not even 1 day. Did you try PMing him? Maybe his phone did Get shut off...u never know. I would keep trying to get in contact with him some other way and wait a couple days before declaring he is a scam artist. Shit happens sometimes at the most inconvenient times...

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by doublezero30 View Post
    I mean it sucks but it's not even 1 day. Did you try PMing him? Maybe his phone did Get shut off...u never know. I would keep trying to get in contact with him some other way and wait a couple days before declaring he is a scam artist. Shit happens sometimes at the most inconvenient times...
    Phone is out of service and the seller would of tried to contact the buyer. Looks like the seller ran and the OP is warning us in a timely manner.
    This is probably implied, but was the exhaust sold as a non 6mt exhaust?

Established Member Two Rings B5addiction's Avatar
    AZ Member #

How is he a scam artist? You negotiated on a price, he delivered the exhaust, you paid for it. Now it doesn't fit. No offense but you should have known/clarified that you needed one for an automatic before purchasing. He most likely already spent your cash and now is in a predicament. I would give it a few days before you rant about the "kid", as it just happened yesterday. Best of luck

Active Member Four Rings drumnjuny's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    848 Corse, SQ5

not to be a dick but i tend to agree with ^^... unless he actually stated it was for Tip and turned out to be for 6MT, it is your fault AS WELL AS his... i tend to find nothing is ever one-sided haha

honestly, i am as stand-up as people get... BUT even i did have a similar mix-up with a member here, where i sold him my HFC assuming he had a b7, since the HFC was for b7, but in fact he had a b6 and thought it would fit. i offered to buy it back but he felt partially responsible (mad props, feel free to post n take my praise if you see this) and in the end he ended up reselling it to another member here. i suggest trying to do that as i find its more fair to both parties and you can still recover your money without forcing him to try and find another buyer

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Switching a phone number isn't something that people typically do flippantly.... By the sound of it you started at being suspicious since it sounds like you called once them got sly and "tricked him" by calling from a different number. If I sold something to a person, met up with them once and maybe talked on the phone a couple times, the number would not have made it to my contact list.... And I don't typically answer numbers I don't recognize...

I think there's more going on here than just your side of the story.

Veteran Member Four Rings A-BlacK_MambA-4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '05.5 A4 2.0T Tip Revo Stage 2; Wifes 2013 Chevy Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by B5addiction View Post
    How is he a scam artist? You negotiated on a price, he delivered the exhaust, you paid for it. Now it doesn't fit. No offense but you should have known/clarified that you needed one for an automatic before purchasing. He most likely already spent your cash and now is in a predicament. I would give it a few days before you rant about the "kid", as it just happened yesterday. Best of luck
    Quote Originally Posted by drumnjuny View Post
    not to be a dick but i tend to agree with ^^... unless he actually stated it was for Tip and turned out to be for 6MT, it is your fault AS WELL AS his... i tend to find nothing is ever one-sided haha

honestly, i am as stand-up as people get... BUT even i did have a similar mix-up with a member here, where i sold him my HFC assuming he had a b7, since the HFC was for b7, but in fact he had a b6 and thought it would fit. i offered to buy it back but he felt partially responsible (mad props, feel free to post n take my praise if you see this) and in the end he ended up reselling it to another member here. i suggest trying to do that as i find its more fair to both parties and you can still recover your money without forcing him to try and find another buyer
    I tend to agree with these guys. Before I buy anything I double check everything. In a case like this you should have asked every question you could think of so that you are 100% certain it is what you think it is and what to do if it isn't what you thought it is. Give the guy a chance to make it right though since he may have other things going on and unable to get to you right away. If I was the guy and I was willing to help you, but just couldn't get to you as quickly as you would've liked and I saw this thread..... I would tell you to F*$@ Off!!!
    -JOEL

The Real Black Mamba

Active Member Four Rings Rodmar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    None

The guy said he talked I would have assumed that he asked the seller for sure that it was for auto, I mean the guy changed his number for a reason because he got away with it and its FREE to change your number. If my assumption is right then the OP is in all rights to post warning us, because well I own a B7, and now will make sure not to buy from this guy, thanks OP.
    BB DTM B7 A4SOLD
    2015 Daytona Gray S4-Black with black Alacantra, B&O, Technology package, Carbon Atlas Inlays, RSD
    Parts on the car: AG M310 18", RS4 Grille, R8 oil Cap, roc euro intake, H&R Street Performance Coilovers, and awe exhaust with res. DP's
    Also in stable:
    2014 VW TDI SEL Passat
    Soon to be in stable:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-RS4-Bas...178&rmvSB=true

Veteran Member Three Rings abzoni's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Okay so apparently OP didn't make sure it would fit his car, and is now "warning" people about the seller? I think it would be more appropriate for him to be warning people about making sure a part fits before you buy it. I bought my BT setup from him along with some supporting mods, but before I bought I MADE SURE everything would fit and everything was as described, and guess what it worked out great. It's not fair to be trashing him when you're the one that made the mistake, it's not his job to make sure it would fit on your car...it's yours.
    GT3071R, built motor, complete fueling system upgrade etc etc.

Veteran Member Four Rings DRAKLORE's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '81 Mk1 VW CADDY/2012 Honda Ruckus

X2 on everything said :-)

Unless you specifically we're told it was a Auto exhaust.. Than at least half if not all the blame is on you....
    Research
    -Shane Drake-
    1981 VW Caddy 5.4L V8 Swap Speedhunters Feature!
    2006 A4 Avant Dolphin Grey
    2007 GT3071R A4 Moro Blue-RIP
    >DRAKLOREs Build<
    Formerly DRAKES-PERFORMANCE

Veteran Member Four Rings AudiTFSI3o3's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Audi A4 2.0T, 2011 IS350 AWD

the real question is, when you picked up the exhaust from him personally, shouldn't you have known just by looking at it that it was for 6MT and not AT?
    '14 Audi S4 P+ | Sport Diff | | Ice Silver | APR Stage II Dual Pulley | TA Testpipes | APR DL501 | H&R Springs | SB Leds | Eurocode AK | 034 Trans Insert | 034 Motor Mounts | Vossen CV-3 | Stoptech ST-60 BBK | JHM 2-piece rears | AMS Cooling System |
    '16 Acura RDX AWD | Slate Silver

Account Terminated Two Rings
    AZ Member #

There is no turboback exhaust for the auto, is there? You can just custom fabricate a downpipe and keep the exhaust. I didnt read your PM's, so I can't assume what was said and what wasn't.

Established Member Two Rings Shanks_26's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Your at fault. Do your homework before you buy.

Veteran Member Three Rings yayjohnny's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Do your research and KNOW what you're buying.
    You can tell whether the exhaust is for a 6MT or TIP/AUTO just by LOOKING AT IT.
    and you can't expect private sellers to offer a refund/exchange like retailers do.
    lewl.

Veteran Member Four Rings Ed Gein's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '10 GTI, '08 Scion tC, '01 CBR 600

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGecko View Post
    There is no turboback exhaust for the auto, is there? You can just custom fabricate a downpipe and keep the exhaust. I didnt read your PM's, so I can't assume what was said and what wasn't.
    uh, yeah. id say pretty much everyone who makes an exhaust for our cars has a tip option. its not like old civics where 90% of them came with a manual trans, there are tons of tip a4's.

and op you should have researched and found out theres different exhausts for different trans. if you did ask if it was for tip and he said yes then i would call him a scammer.

Veteran Member Four Rings VegasAIV's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B7 A4

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGecko View Post
    RAI makes a TP/DP combo that you can put an exhaust on and make a turbo back, as for OP: I can understand that your situation does suck, but everyone is right, you need to know what fits and what doesnt. Now you wait a month to put it on and it doesnt fit. I dont really see it being his fault UNLESS (again as stated before) he told you that it was for an auto and it isnt.
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W

Turbo lag is just foreplay...

Senior Member Two Rings vwgtivr6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 S4

Caveat emptor... Buyer beware.

Always double check when buying *anything* used.

tough luck dude.

Active Member Two Rings audipete's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by drumnjuny View Post

to this advice
    2008 A4 S-Line 6MT 20% Tint, Sonar Headlamps, 7500k Fog Lights/ 7000k Low Beams/ Stage 2 APR ECU/ RS4 RSB 034 HFC, APR CAI

Senior Member Two Rings tecnica's Avatar
    AZ Member #

http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/...exhaust&cat=22

reselling it?

original 'for sale' thread - no mention of of being either stick or tip
    http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/...exhaust&cat=22
    Last edited by tecnica; 04-07-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Site Moderator Four Rings kristokes's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    VW/Audi/Ducati

Moved.
    Stokes - Site Moderator, Audizine

B8.5 Audi SQ5 | APR Stage 1
    8v Audi RS3 | Unitronic Stage 2
    8s Audi TTRS | Unitronic Stage 4

Active Member One Ring FOURINGZ's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Just to clearify and it was asked if the exhaust was for a quattro tip car and the seller did tell me that it was. It hasn't just been one day since our meeting either its been over a month, I just now decided to have the exhaust installed. Maybe I should have been more aware of what I was buying true but don't tell someone its raining outside and then piss down their back!!!!! I spoke with him on Friday to rectify the issue from my buddy's shop phone because he didn't pick up my call, then next thing I know when I tried contact again no service. Thanks for all the feedback from everyone but the guy still is no good in my book...

Veteran Member Four Rings EYE4SPEED's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Macan Turbo, Cayenne Diesel, Audi Jr Quattro

Want to sell me that flex pipe?
    FS: Audi TT 225Q Roadster