Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 291 of 291 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291
Results 11,601 to 11,627 of 11627
    Established Member Two Rings Lauri0112's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Question about a front bumper without headlight washers, can you just cut a hole in the bumper and screw washers on the backside? Basicly, is the regular bumper " washer install ready" ?

Right now I have bumper with washers , but I need to remove my stock bumper for a while and use the cheapest replacment I can find. And that is a cracked, messed up bumper for 40 bucks. And no washers. But I dont want to drive around without windshield washer fluid for 2 or 3 months in the winter.

Established Member Two Rings fabric8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri0112 View Post
    Question about a front bumper without headlight washers, can you just cut a hole in the bumper and screw washers on the backside? Basicly, is the regular bumper " washer install ready" ?

Right now I have bumper with washers , but I need to remove my stock bumper for a while and use the cheapest replacment I can find. And that is a cracked, messed up bumper for 40 bucks. And no washers. But I dont want to drive around without windshield washer fluid for 2 or 3 months in the winter.
    I can't speak to whether a regular bumper is washer install ready. But if its not, you could just zip tie your headlights washers anywhere behind the bumper and unplug the electrical connector that goes to the headlight washer pump. That way, you can still use your winshield washers, just not the headlight washers.

If you remove the right headlight and look down toward the base of the washer tank, you'll see 2 black cylinders. Those are the washer pumps. The one on the right is for the headlight washers. The one on the left is for your windshield washers. IIRC.
    HIS - 2016 Golf R 6MT
    HERS - 2002 B6 A4 1.8TQM Avant | Motoza Stg.1.5 | OEM A6 4.2 17" forged fat fives

Senior Member Four Rings blitz2190's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 1.8T Quattro, 2.7T swap Stage 3 APR 6 speed
    Items for Sale

You could just unplug the wire to the headlight pump on the washer fluid bottle and plug the line.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    2.7T Swap Wiring Guide (Psst this is a link)
    New Build In progress built 2.7 STK 2004 B6 A4- Thread and pic to come

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blitz2190 View Post
    You could just unplug the wire to the headlight pump on the washer fluid bottle and plug the line.
    ^ do this!
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender and both front doors.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri0112 View Post

Here is some good info and pictures:
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5898020

You can see the washer line from the reservoir. Just plug that line.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.

Established Member Two Rings Lauri0112's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Thanks for the good info.

Established Member Two Rings goa's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My k04-015x turbine will leak boost and overshoot. Do you know the cause?

Veteran Member Three Rings Gosser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4, 1988 Buick Lesabre T-Type

I am looking to retrieve a radio code from an UN-locked RNS-E. I know you cannot get it when its LOCKED, but what if the radio is not locked? Still a dealer only thing?
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2005 A4 3.0 AT - Wifes
    2003 A4 1.8 CVT- Winter

Senior Member Four Rings Luxus Panzer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 A4 Avant, B4 90 Sprot Q, B4 90 FWD, 2014 VW Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Gosser View Post
    I am looking to retrieve a radio code from an UN-locked RNS-E. I know you cannot get it when its LOCKED, but what if the radio is not locked? Still a dealer only thing?
    shoot me a text with ser # of RNS and all other details you know about it.

I may have a way to get you what you need.
    2004 A4 Avant Quattro. (H&R springs, S100 Nav unit, Neuspeed Cat back, Torque solutions Snub mount, Thor Skid Plate, APR Stage 1, 18" S4 Rims, 2X Podi / Oil Press / Oil Temp / Boost/VAC, Full LED interior, Backup Camera/Screen, Upgraded 2.0 Coil Packs, Vag-Com, B7 Center console/B7 Hand Brake, B7 Aero wiper arms B7 rear headreasts,APR Carbonio intake, Fan washer sprayers, rusty door bottoms, need new doors)
    2014 VW Tiguan. (bone stock)

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Getting random ABS faults.

This will happen soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7YRiVYrLjo

2017-10-14_06-56-19 by Z R, on Flickr

2017-10-14_06-56-01 by Z R, on Flickr

Am I going to have to drain the brake fluid if I am only replacing the above pictured side of the unit?

When I removed these at the wreckers, there was no fluid in them, however I think they drain all the fluids out before the cars hit the scrap yards.
    2004 A4 Avant Quattro. (H&R springs, S100 Nav unit, Neuspeed Cat back, Torque solutions Snub mount, Thor Skid Plate, APR Stage 1, 18" S4 Rims, 2X Podi / Oil Press / Oil Temp / Boost/VAC, Full LED interior, Backup Camera/Screen, Upgraded 2.0 Coil Packs, Vag-Com, B7 Center console/B7 Hand Brake, B7 Aero wiper arms B7 rear headreasts,APR Carbonio intake, Fan washer sprayers, rusty door bottoms, need new doors)

Veteran Member Four Rings fR3ZNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

questions you thought were too dumb to ask

That portion of the ABS module doesn't contain any fluid. No need to drain anything.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fR3ZNO View Post
    That portion of the ABS module doesn't contain any fluid. No need to drain anything.
    Noice ;)

Thanks.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A4 B6 Avant | A4 B7 Sedan
    Items for Sale

If you cant get it through here its 7$ on Ebay and you usually get it within a business day. You'll need to provide the AUZ code. The AUZ code is linked to the motherboard* on an RNS-E so depending on the sw version it might show on the lock screen. If it doesnt, you will have to access the unit via vagcom to retreive it.

*Thats why it wont be on a sticker or engraved on the unit casing.

Here

*****I sell in USD*****

Click here to read my seller feedback

B6 Avant GTX2863R Motoza Tuned Aka the part hauler

B7 Sedan Stage II HPFP Aka the retrofitted queen

AZ Member #

Contact Audi of America and give them your VIN and the RNS-E number from the unit's sticker. I know that it may come back as your car not being equipped with RNS-E, but you never know, perhaps they don't check VIN reference.

AZ Member #

I am refreshing my front suspension and assembling my strut/spring (Koni FSD/Eibach Pro-Kit) to prepare for a quick swap. But it seems I am missing some washers and looking for a proper location for them. My question is similar to this thread, but that person only has one washer and looking at the Audi diagram, it seems that I should have two washers. In this diagram, #8 part number is 4D0412369A (it also shows up under WHT001484), but there is also washer #11, which is not listed in ETKA. It looks to be the exact same washer as #8.

Do I need both washers and install them on each side of the bump stop cup that is integral to the strut mount bracket?
    So, my assembly would be like this from top to bottom:
    - Locking nut (can I re-use the nylon lock nuts that came with the shocks, or replace them with the OEM shoulder locking nuts?)
    - strut mount
    - washer
    - strut mount bracket
    - washer?
    - shock shaft

Established Member Three Rings 5ktq's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Sometimes ETKA uses the same drawing for multiple things, often if the part isn't shown with a number it's because it isnt used on that particular variant.

I don't remember #11 being a thing when I did my front suspension. (this is probably same drawing as B5, etc, one of which uses a lift spacer i guess).

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 5ktq View Post
    Sometimes ETKA uses the same drawing for multiple things, often if the part isn't shown with a number it's because it isnt used on that particular variant.

I don't remember #11 being a thing when I did my front suspension. (this is probably same drawing as B5, etc, one of which uses a lift spacer i guess).
    Thanks. Now, that I took a second look at my struts, it makes sense that there's only one. The washer can actually pass through the opening in the strut mount bracket, which means the one picture sa #8 in the drawing ends up sitting on top of the shock shaft (like #11), so it must be the same and the only one there.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

So here's a dumb question... where do the wires for the auto dim mirror connector get routed in this DIY?

The connector circled in red:

Since my car only has heated mirrors, the connector for auto dimming isn't there, but I don't see anything about them in the DIY.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by fR3ZNO View Post
    So here's a dumb question... where do the wires for the auto dim mirror connector get routed in this DIY?

The connector circled in red:

Since my car only has heated mirrors, the connector for auto dimming isn't there, but I don't see anything about them in the DIY.
    The DIY assumes you are swapping full mirror assemblies. If you are only swapping the mirror glass as in your picture, you would need to route two wires from that connector through the mirror anchor point where the other wires for power/heat drop into the door and connect them to the end of the mirror harness connector behind the door panel. Then you can continue with the DIY.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    The DIY assumes you are swapping full mirror assemblies. If you are only swapping the mirror glass as in your picture, you would need to route two wires from that connector through the mirror anchor point where the other wires for power/heat drop into the door and connect them to the end of the mirror harness connector behind the door panel. Then you can continue with the DIY.
    Ahhh, okay. That makes sense. I figured I was missing something. Thanks!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus Panzer View Post
    shoot me a text with ser # of RNS and all other details you know about it.

I may have a way to get you what you need.
    Yea, i'll text you when I am back in town.
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2005 A4 3.0 AT - Wifes
    2003 A4 1.8 CVT- Winter

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Axis View Post
    If you cant get it through here its 7$ on Ebay and you usually get it within a business day. You'll need to provide the AUZ code. The AUZ code is linked to the motherboard* on an RNS-E so depending on the sw version it might show on the lock screen. If it doesnt, you will have to access the unit via vagcom to retreive it.

*Thats why it wont be on a sticker or engraved on the unit casing.

Here
    Thanks for the link, I didnt think a service like this existed. I tried calling, AoC(is that a thing) and they referred me to the dealer. Which I dont have the patience to deal with for something so trivial. I really have no idea why a code even still exists, do head units that are specific to a model still get jacked?
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2005 A4 3.0 AT - Wifes
    2003 A4 1.8 CVT- Winter

Veteran Member Four Rings customa4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 A4 1.8T CVT, 02 A4 1.8TQ 5spd, 92 Geo Prizm

When I called AoA I gave them the number printed on the RNS-E and the VIN number of my car(which was not originally equipped with RNS-E). I believe it took a day for them to call back with the code. It was hassle-free as far as I remember but it has been a couple years. Might be worth a shot calling AoA instead.
    K&N-Milltek HFC-Magnaflow Catback-APR snub mount-ER Sport FMIC-Forge TIP-Forge DV-Podi-034 Motor Mounts-034 Rear Sway/End Links-STaSIS Street Sport Coils-Bentley Manual

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    A4 B6 Avant | A4 B7 Sedan
    Items for Sale

questions you thought were too dumb to ask

^^ they wont for a Canadian vin, if he has a US vin they will. If not they will tell him to call AOC and AOC will tell him to go to the dealer.

Dealer will charge half an hour or 75$ cad.

*****I sell in USD*****

Click here to read my seller feedback

B6 Avant GTX2863R Motoza Tuned Aka the part hauler

B7 Sedan Stage II HPFP Aka the retrofitted queen

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Ok guys here comes a dumb question. Are the parking lights on when you turn your low beams on?

I was replacing one of my headlight bulps last weekend and noticed that the parking lights are on when my low beams are on. I couldíve sworn they didnít use to, it was just low beams and nothing else. But now Iím doubting myself, maybe theyíve always been on and Iíve never noticed it until looking at my car with one headlight bulp out, which leaves just the parking light on that side.

Established Member Two Rings fabric8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AL. View Post
    Ok guys here comes a dumb question. Are the parking lights on when you turn your low beams on?

I was replacing one of my headlight bulps last weekend and noticed that the parking lights are on when my low beams are on. I couldíve sworn they didnít use to, it was just low beams and nothing else. But now Iím doubting myself, maybe theyíve always been on and Iíve never noticed it until looking at my car with one headlight bulp out, which leaves just the parking light on that side.
    Yup. Park lights come on with headlights.
    HIS - 2016 Golf R 6MT
    HERS - 2002 B6 A4 1.8TQM Avant | Motoza Stg.1.5 | OEM A6 4.2 17" forged fat fives

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Winter is here, and this is my first winter with my Audi. Always nervous entering -40 with a 'new-to-me' used car. I'm not certain if the transmission oil (6spd) is synthetic. The engine bogs quite a bit when I let the clutch out after starting (-5c). Is there any chance the last guy used mineral 75W-90, or would I see other indications of this? It shifts smooth, besides a slight bump going into 2nd.

Also, I usually swap my power steering fluid with ATF in my past vehicles. (2004 Duramax, 85 Supra, 96 Civic, etc.) and my 07 Tacoma/'14 4Runner have ATF from the factory. Has anyone ran ATF in a B6 Audi? I assume it would be fine.
    The Supra was a must, or I would blow every line in the system below -30. Ask me how i know.
    2004 A4 1.8T USP 6spd MT Quattro.