Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 283 of 283 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283
Results 11,281 to 11,317 of 11317
    Established Member Four Rings eljay's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by K04-B6 View Post
    If my coolant flange leaks slowly where the sensor sits do you guys think it would cause a stumble at idle and possibly a lean code when cruising on the highway?

Thanks guys.
    A faulty CTS would cause starting/idle issues, but I don't think it would do anything with A/F mixture.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    A faulty CTS would cause starting/idle issues, but I don't think it would do anything with A/F mixture.
    Thanks for the response, the sensor still works fine but I was thinking that with the leak it might get a bad reading (like air gets in once in a while) causing the idle issue. When it's hot here my car idles fine, it's a little cooler today and the idle issue came up, it's not a major idle issue, it just stumbles almost like a quick misfire here and there. I didn't think that it would affect my A/F mixture but I was just making sure because I never know with this car. One thing goes wrong and it affects the whole performance of the car.

Thanks again
    2002 1.8T Quattro
    Fully loaded APR ECU / K04-15 Turbo / 386cc injectors / Magnaflow dp-back exhaust / Forge 008 DV / 034 street density motor mounts / 034 street density tranny mount / 034 snub mount / Unitronics 3" HFC - DP combo ''last one ever made in production'' / Racetec front mount intercooler

Senior Member Four Rings Luxus Panzer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 A4 Avant, B4 90 Sprot Q, B4 90 FWD, 2014 VW Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    It will be a lot easier to disconnect the sway bar with the car up on ramps. that way there's no hanging download on the sway bar at all. Sway bar load will be completely neutral. Disconnect both sides at the same time.

Just thinking about this (disconnecting the sway bar to get at the motor mounts).

Could I not just remove the 2 mounts for the sway bar under the "center" of the car and then loosen the bolts on the end of the sway bar...allowing me to then simply "swing" the entire sway bar down and out of the way?

Or am I thinking to hard on this one ?
    2004 A4 Avant Quattro. (H&R springs, S100 Nav unit, Neuspeed Cat back, Torque solutions Snub mount, Thor Skid Plate, APR Stage 1, 18" S4 Rims, 2X Podi / Oil Press / Oil Temp / Boost/VAC, Full LED interior, Backup Camera/Screen, Upgraded 2.0 Coil Packs, Vag-Com, B7 Center console/B7 Hand Brake, B7 Aero wiper arms B7 rear headreasts,APR Carbonio intake, Fan washer sprayers, rusty door bottoms, need new doors)
    2014 VW Tiguan. (bone stock)

AZ Member #

What is the torque specs for exhaust manifold studs to head? And how about the nuts for the exhaust manifold?
    Or do I just put the studs in hand tight and then torque the nuts to spec?
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.

Veteran Member Four Rings ZipMeUpJ's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    hologram R8

What would take out the most driveline slop, the billet carrier inserts or the diff mount itself?
    stock 1.8t 5spd FW(trash) Quattro swap (in progress) | audiUP snub | Depo Ecodes | Mini H1 retro | 4300k | 07k FSI coils | BKR6E | de-badged | BC Type BR | Swift | BBS LM Reps 18x9.5 | 25FTG F+R | Tasteful poke

Veteran Member Four Rings fR3ZNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by ZipMeUpJ View Post
    What would take out the most driveline slop, the billet carrier inserts or the diff mount itself?
    I'm currently running just the inserts. They took a yuge amount of slop out, haven't really felt the need to drop money on the diff mount yet. Been considering doing the ghetto race version by filling the voids with window weld. lol.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

Veteran Member Four Rings ZipMeUpJ's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    hologram R8

Quote Originally Posted by fR3ZNO View Post
    I'm currently running just the inserts. They took a yuge amount of slop out, haven't really felt the need to drop money on the diff mount yet. Been considering doing the ghetto race version by filling the voids with window weld. lol.
    I was leaning towards the inserts as well. They do stiffen the placement of the entire diff from two different sides . I'm also assuming this kind of upgrade is dependant on the mount itself not being entirely toast (eg. the rubber connecting the bolt hole to the outer bushing ring are still intact). I haven't taken a look at the rear swap parts I have lying in my garage in some time.

Are you running the 034 billet or the poly ECS unit?
    stock 1.8t 5spd FW(trash) Quattro swap (in progress) | audiUP snub | Depo Ecodes | Mini H1 retro | 4300k | 07k FSI coils | BKR6E | de-badged | BC Type BR | Swift | BBS LM Reps 18x9.5 | 25FTG F+R | Tasteful poke

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by eljay View Post
    What is the torque specs for exhaust manifold studs to head? And how about the nuts for the exhaust manifold?
    Or do I just put the studs in hand tight and then torque the nuts to spec?
    So, I found that the torque for the exhaust manifold nuts is 25Nm or 19 ft-lbs. But I'm still wondering if I should just install the studs into the head hand-tight and then tighten the nuts onto them (with manifold on, of course) to 19 ft-lbs?

Senior Member Four Rings blitz2190's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 1.8T Quattro, 2.7T swap Stage 3 APR 6 speed
    Items for Sale

how else would you do it? always make sure studs are fully seated before torquing, that goes for any stud. Otherwise you run the risk of not having as strong as a clamp and possibly stripping threads, now at 25nm thats very unlikely but its a good habit to always install studs all the way first.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    2.7T Swap Wiring Guide (Psst this is a link)
    New Build In progress built 2.7 STK 2004 B6 A4- Thread and pic to come

Veteran Member Four Rings fR3ZNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by ZipMeUpJ View Post
    I was leaning towards the inserts as well. They do stiffen the placement of the entire diff from two different sides . I'm also assuming this kind of upgrade is dependant on the mount itself not being entirely toast (eg. the rubber connecting the bolt hole to the outer bushing ring are still intact). I haven't taken a look at the rear swap parts I have lying in my garage in some time.

Are you running the 034 billet or the poly ECS unit?
    Oh yeah, definitely can't have the rubber portion of the bushing be torn.

I'm running the 034 billet ones.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03' 5spQ with extras
    Items for Sale

Question:

In the next week or so I'm going to be doing a full engine rebuild/swap..... some of the bolts I'm removing are discoloured due to weather, time, grease etc.

My question is what is a good product to get them clean... I tried brake Kleen and gumout products but still are looking aged.

Anyone know a good product I can use to soak bolts or take a toothbrush to some metal parts (throttle body)

Thanks you

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 Grand cherokee, b6 a4

Maybe Try lightly sanding them and then hit them with a metal polish
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr1ce View Post
    Question:

In the next week or so I'm going to be doing a full engine rebuild/swap..... some of the bolts I'm removing are discoloured due to weather, time, grease etc.

My question is what is a good product to get them clean... I tried brake Kleen and gumout products but still are looking aged.

Anyone know a good product I can use to soak bolts or take a toothbrush to some metal parts (throttle body)

Thanks you

Established Member Two Rings Moncion's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Question:

Thanks you
    Wire wheel for corrosion

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03' 5spQ with extras
    Items for Sale

Bmase.... lightly sand with what? Like 1000grit or light wet sand or a rough pad.... thanks

Moncion... wire wheel on a drill to get it clean? Dremel? Or you mean like a wire brush style?

I appreacite the fast answer guys.... I will try these both tmrw and report back

Established Member Two Rings Moncion's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Bmase.... lightly sand with what? Like 1000grit or light wet sand or a rough pad.... thanks

Moncion... wire wheel on a drill to get it clean? Dremel? Or you mean like a wire brush style?

I appreacite the fast answer guys.... I will try these both tmrw and report back

I use a wire wheel on a drill to clean the corrosion and gunk out of the threads as well as the rust on the heads.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    06 Grand cherokee, b6 a4

Dependes on how bling bling you want it(haha) and how much work you are looking to put into bolts There are people out there that polish to a mirror glaze. but im sure that they have spent hours on the bolts

Veteran Member Four Rings customa4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 A4 1.8T CVT, 02 A4 1.8TQ 5spd, 92 Geo Prizm

Quote Originally Posted by Moncion View Post
    I use a wire wheel on a drill to clean the corrosion and gunk out of the threads as well as the rust on the heads.
    This^^ My uncle has a wire wheel machine at his shop that I use to clean up all corroded bolts. Also used it to clean up the threads on my coilovers. They looked brand new when I was done and the adjusting rings spun like butter on them.

K&N-Milltek HFC-Magnaflow Catback-APR snub mount-ER Sport FMIC-Forge TIP-Forge DV-Podi-034 Motor Mounts-034 Rear Sway/End Links-STaSIS Street Sport Coils-Bentley Manual

AZ Member #

The smallest bit from this set would work nicely.

Registered Member Two Rings wkhanna's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    needs cleaned

just get the proper type of media & one of these....

Rotary Barrel Tumbler

so long as you do not over load it (hardware to media ratio) you will not damage any external threads.
    2011 A5 2.0t coupe
    2012 A4 quattro 2.0t (The Wife's)
    1983 Porsche 944 (modified)
    1985 BWM K100RS (since new - Heavily Modified)
    1971 Moto Guzzi Ambassador (found in a barn - purrs like kitten)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03' 5spQ with extras
    Items for Sale

This is great stuff guys!!! I really appreciate it.

I have some options and time so I'll ya posted on em

The tumbler has a "fluid" associated with it?

Established Member Three Rings B6_A4_Kid's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    89' Land Cruiser

I have a lead on a GVE 6 speed tranny out of an 06 A4 Quattro. Would that work with my b6 a4?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

as long as you have the matching rear diff and a the correct axles and propshaft, then yes it will fit.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Veteran Member Four Rings Spike00513's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by B6_A4_Kid View Post
    I have a lead on a GVE 6 speed tranny out of an 06 A4 Quattro. Would that work with my b6 a4?
    wasn't there just a GJW or GJV in the classifieds?
    why not match and use what the car originally came with?

the gear ratios probably differ.

model: B7
    gearbox type: 02X
    identification code: GVE
    flywheel: probably a 240mm dual-mass

whereas B6 1.8T might be 228mm

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Spike00513 View Post
    wasn't there just a GJW or GJV in the classifieds?
    why not match and use what the car originally came with?

the gear ratios probably differ.

model: B7
    gearbox type: 02X
    identification code: GVE
    flywheel: probably a 240mm dual-mass

whereas B6 1.8T might be 228mm
    flywheel doesn't matter as thats specific to the engine not transmission.

Veteran Member Four Rings Spike00513's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by blitz2190 View Post
    flywheel doesn't matter as thats specific to the engine not transmission.
    just saying, in case the seller includes it.
    but seeing as it's used, by now it'd probably have over 100k mi, and I hear that it's better to be safe than sorry at that point and to just replace the kit with new. Apparently DMF's cannot simply be resurfaced to refresh it, and actually restoring one costs too much in tooling/equipment.
    Well in that case, since they may be made at an LuK factory, why is there no core charge? At least not on RockAuto.

Anyway.
    Just saying.
    Something to keep in mind, if OP plans to make any clutch decisions while he's in there, with the gearbox removed from the car.
    such as picking an SMF kit or something.

I think Kevin C installed a 240mm DMF on his 1.8T GJW.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    69 Nova

I know I should probably ask in the B7 forum but...I don't want to, lol.

How's the market for B7 A4's?

I found an 06 for cheap with about 150k miles and a pretty mint interior. Says it needs a timing belt and "the turbo needs repairing"...which is kinda sketchy. But I figure I can do the timing belt and maybe even replace the turbo for a pretty low price, so if I can get the car for cheap enough it would be a good pickup.
    04 A4 3.0 Quattro 6 Speed
    69 Nova with a bunch of stuffs

AZ Member #

Does anybody know what the drive cycle is in KM's ti'll your CAT and 02S achieves readiness? I keep getting the P0171 code everyday around the same time on my drive into to work. I believe the code pops up right before my car sets readiness for CAT and 02S. I've narrowed down every possible leak I think I've found in my vacuum system and this problem persist. The only thing I can think of now is possibly the Fel-pro gasket I installed about a month ago that sits in-between the turbo and the CAT.

So frustrated!!
    2002 1.8T Quattro
    Fully loaded APR ECU / K04-15 Turbo / 386cc injectors / Magnaflow dp-back exhaust / Forge 008 DV / 034 street density motor mounts / 034 street density tranny mount / 034 snub mount / Unitronics 3" HFC - DP combo ''last one ever made in production'' / Racetec front mount intercooler

Established Member Two Rings fabric8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I'm planning on ordering a set of coilpacks for our B6 A4 1.8t which is coming close to 145k and is still on it's OEM coilpacks (which I'm going to keep as spares in the trunk)

From my searches, it seems like 06A905115D is the latest version. ECS has them listed at $29.02 each.

What's throwing me off is 06B998115R. ECS has them at $116.08. But the picture they post showing the part number on the coilpack actually lists 06A905115D as the part number.

Aside from those 2 part numbers, they also have 06B998115RED. ECS has these for $99.80.

Is 06A905115D the latest revision coilpack for the 1.8T?
    Is 06B998115R just an ECS part number to denote a set of 4 06A905115D coilpacks? No other vendor has 06B998115R except ECS
    Finally, are 06B998115RED genuine VW coilpacks just like 06A905115D but simply in red? No other vendor has 06B998115RED either except ECS

I don't really care what color the coilpacks are. If 06A905115D is the latest version and 06B998115RED are simply a set of 4 genuine red version 06A905115D coilpacks, then I'm going to order those since they're the best value.

Hoping some around here knows.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    HIS - 2016 Golf R 6MT ED Springs | OEM Homelink MIrror
    HERS - 2002 B6 A4 1.8TQM Avant | Motoza Stg.1 | OEM A6 4.2 17" forged fat fives

AZ Member #

Anybody? Does my theory make sense that the code pops up before readiness is set for CAT & O2S. I imagine these won't set until this code is clarified. I need to build my smoke machine ASAP!! The two possible leaks that I've found recently was my SAI block off plate had backed up a little and the O-ring melted (that's fixed) and I noticed that my vacuum line for the battery wasn't even plugged to the battery (fixed). Everything else is new as for vacuum lines so this code is really driving up the wall. If I do a smoke test will there be smoke going into the exhaust as well? I'd like to see if there's any leaks before the 02 sensors.

Does anybody know what the drive cycle is in KM's ti'll your CAT and 02S achieves readiness? I keep getting the P0171 code everyday around the same time on my drive into to work. I believe the code pops up right before my car sets readiness for CAT and 02S. I've narrowed down every possible leak I think I've found in my vacuum system and this problem persist. The only thing I can think of now is possibly the Fel-pro gasket I installed about a month ago that sits in-between the turbo and the CAT.

So frustrated!!
    2002 1.8T Quattro

AZ Member #

Will HID headlights plug n play into a Halogen car?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Devin View Post
    Will HID headlights plug n play into a Halogen car?
    Yes.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Anybody? Does my theory make sense that the code pops up before readiness is set for CAT & O2S. I imagine these won't set until this code is clarified. I need to build my smoke machine ASAP!! The two possible leaks that I've found recently was my SAI block off plate had backed up a little and the O-ring melted (that's fixed) and I noticed that my vacuum line for the battery wasn't even plugged to the battery (fixed). Everything else is new as for vacuum lines so this code is really driving up the wall. If I do a smoke test will there be smoke going into the exhaust as well? I'd like to see if there's any leaks before the 02 sensors.
    plug your mufflers ad smoke test it. also have you checked around the injectors to see if the orings are not sealing anymore? I had a lean code due to this.

Senior Member Four Rings Luxus Panzer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 A4 Avant, B4 90 Sprot Q, B4 90 FWD, 2014 VW Tiguan

Vac line to the battery?

Me thinks you mean the drain line from the battery ;)
    2004 A4 Avant Quattro. (H&R springs, S100 Nav unit, Neuspeed Cat back, Torque solutions Snub mount, Thor Skid Plate, APR Stage 1, 18" S4 Rims, 2X Podi / Oil Press / Oil Temp / Boost/VAC, Full LED interior, Backup Camera/Screen, Upgraded 2.0 Coil Packs, Vag-Com, B7 Center console/B7 Hand Brake, B7 Aero wiper arms B7 rear headreasts,APR Carbonio intake, Fan washer sprayers, rusty door bottoms, need new doors)
    2014 VW Tiguan. (bone stock)

AZ Member #

plug your mufflers ad smoke test it. also have you checked around the injectors to see if the orings are not sealing anymore? I had a lean code due to this.
    Smoke it from the muffler itself? Yeah I checked around the injectors and they seem fine but you never know I suppose. Once I smoke test everything I should be able to find out! (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus Panzer View Post
    Vac line to the battery?

Me thinks you mean the drain line from the battery ;)
    Yeah the drain line from the battery, do you know where it goes? When I blew in it, it sounded like it was blowing into the driver side fender into that plastic bottle (whatever its called) lol
    2002 1.8T Quattro

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Items for Sale

Smoke it from the muffler itself? Yeah I checked around the injectors and they seem fine but you never know I suppose. Once I smoke test everything I should be able to find out! (hopefully)

Yeah the drain line from the battery, do you know where it goes? When I blew in it, it sounded like it was blowing into the driver side fender into that plastic bottle (whatever its called) lol
    no, plug the mufflers(as in block them), that way you can smoke the the whole system, otherwise it will go the path of least resistance which is out the exhuast if you want to include your intake in the test. smoke goes in the intake with low pressure if possible. Also that battery line has nothing to do with vacuum its just a drain/vent for the battery if the acid where to ever overflow, also to prevent pressure in the battery if it gets hot. there is only a line there to prevent acid dripping on the battery tray if it were to happen.

AZ Member #

no, plug the mufflers(as in block them), that way you can smoke the the whole system, otherwise it will go the path of least resistance which is out the exhuast if you want to include your intake in the test. smoke goes in the intake with low pressure if possible. Also that battery line has nothing to do with vacuum its just a drain/vent for the battery if the acid where to ever overflow, also to prevent pressure in the battery if it gets hot. there is only a line there to prevent acid dripping on the battery tray if it were to happen.
    Oh I see, I'll plug the mufflers and smoke from my tip to test the whole system. thanks for the input! I knew that the battery drain was for the overflow of acid but I had read somewhere while doing a search that it was hooked into the vacuum system to pull out any fumes.. and then when I blew into the line it sounded like he noise at the end came out into the fender so I thought that logic was correct. Thanks for clarifying that as well!

I'll be doing my smoke test this weekend and report back if there's any findings or not! Time to put this annoying P0171 to rest!! I want full boost
    2002 1.8T Quattro

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    69 Nova

Details on how you built a smoke machine? I thought about using a fog machine but not sure if that would work...
    04 A4 3.0 Quattro 6 Speed
    69 Nova with a bunch of stuffs