Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 298 of 298 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298
Results 11,881 to 11,897 of 11897
    Veteran Member Four Rings fR3ZNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by my1stturbo View Post
    Can you get to the crank to put the motor at TDC without pulling the nose to get in service position? I just want to change VCG and CCT gasket on the 1.8.
    It's difficult. I've tried to do the same thing for a CCT swap before. I ended up just marking the timing chain with paint to make sure that they didn't skip a tooth on the sprocket. Also triple check 16 chain rollers between the cams. You'll be fine.
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by fR3ZNO View Post
    It's difficult. I've tried to do the same thing for a CCT swap before. I ended up just marking the timing chain with paint to make sure that they didn't skip a tooth on the sprocket. Also triple check 16 chain rollers between the cams. You'll be fine.
    Thanks. Pretty sure I did it last time just counting rollers and using white out. Saw old guys tip about using rubber on the side too to ensure chain can't move so will probably use that too just for precaution.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by my1stturbo View Post
    Can you get to the crank to put the motor at TDC without pulling the nose to get in service position? I just want to change VCG and CCT gasket on the 1.8.
    You should be able to get a ratchet on the crank from below. If you can't see the crank TDC mark, you can remove the Cyl 1 spark plug and put a dowel down the hole. as you turn the crank, TDC is when the dowel is at the maximum height.

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by kwilson View Post
    You should be able to get a ratchet on the crank from below. If you can't see the crank TDC mark, you can remove the Cyl 1 spark plug and put a dowel down the hole. as you turn the crank, TDC is when the dowel is at the maximum height.
    Thanks. I'll give that a shot with the car up on ramps. Was just planning on using the mark behind the top timing belt cover.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Has anyone come up with a way to get the Enfig install kit to have a similar chrome piece on the bottom as the stock radio does?

Veteran Member Four Rings RDA990's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

I'm at a junkyard right now and found a B7 with all calipers and rotors intact. Is it a good upgrade to do if I have the stock B6 ultrasport setup? Should I pull both front and rear or just the fronts???
    Brilliant Red '04 A4 1.8T quattro Ultrasport
    Stage 2.5? | Frankenturbo F21L | Motoza Tuning | FMIC | Test Pipe | Bosch 550cc | 710n DV | Podi Boost Gauge | 21 PSI

DIY - A4 B6 Boost Leak Test

Established Member Two Rings APC123's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RDA990 View Post
    I'm at a junkyard right now and found a B7 with all calipers and rotors intact. Is it a good upgrade to do if I have the stock B6 ultrasport setup? Should I pull both front and rear or just the fronts???
    I think it has the same size as yours. An S4 brake set would give you more of a benefit

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I would do both front and back if you can.
    2004 A4 Avant 1.8T 6MT
    2005 A4 1.8T 6MT

Established Member Two Rings APC123's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoNova View Post
    Is there a way to check the flywheel without pulling either the engine or tranny?

Ever since I've owned the car, shifting has never been smooth. It's always a chore to shift smoothly, it either slams into gear or makes like a clunk kind of sound. Every now and then I can feel the pedals....not vibrate, but like kick back or pulse or something.

I haven't looked to see if there's any kind of cover over the clutch/flywheel, but if there isn't, can I try to turn the flywheel back and forth or anything to see if the dual-mass portion has failed?

I'm pretty certain it has, but I don't want to drop a grand on a jhm clutch setup if that won't fix the problem...
    You could try a new gearbox Mount, 034 Motorsport

AZ Member #

It is a great budget upgrade.
    They're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.

Veteran Member Four Rings fR3ZNO's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by APC123 View Post
    I think it has the same size as yours. An S4 brake set would give you more of a benefit
    Nope, Ultrasport 1.8T has same brakes as a normal 1.8T, so 288mm front brakes.

B7 front is 320mm.

Quote Originally Posted by asg1290 View Post
    I would do both front and back if you can.
    x2
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." - Ferdinand Porsche

Veteran Member Four Rings Gosser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4, 1988 Buick Lesabre T-Type

I am in the middle of the rear coolant flange. Is there an o-ring on the hose that goes straight down?

I found the o-ring in the coolant line, and the other hard plastic was just below it on top of the transmission. Not sure if they are from a previous repair. The sensor has its o-ring and the one against the block is accounted for.
    Thanks
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2005 A4 3.0 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter
    2003 A4 1.8 CVT - Winter

Veteran Member Four Rings Gosser's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 A4, 1988 Buick Lesabre T-Type

After some searching around, it looks like these are in fact supposed to be in the quick connect hose that supplies the heater core. Is this an "easy" line to replace? By easy, I mean doable without removing the transmission kind of easy. I imagine it just loops up into the batter tray area and into the heater core hard line right?
    2004 S4 MT - Summer
    2005 A4 3.0 AT - Wifes
    2004 A4 1.8 6MT - Winter
    2003 A4 1.8 CVT - Winter

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

it's fairly simple to do.
    That is the correct line you are talking about with the clip connect fitting
    02 B6 1.8T quattro 01A Brilliant Black, Gutted Stock Cat, 2.5" stainless custom exhaust to 4 inch tips no res no muffler,
    USP Front lower Valance, Front Head Light Clear Corner Mod, REVO Stage 1, Solo Werks S1 Coilovers
    Cold Air Intake Custom Piped, Forge Hybrid Diverter Valve, 3M Wrapped Carbon fiber interior trim, PCV & AC Delete

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    69 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by APC123 View Post
    You could try a new gearbox Mount, 034 Motorsport
    I thought about that, too. I really need to get under the car and check out all my mounts.

The damage is done, though. I already ordered the lightweight flywheel and clutch from JHM, lol.

I'm thinking of ordering the short shifter trio kit. What about the rod(s)?

Should I spend another $150 on the rod or is it not necessary?

Tranny is gonna be out for the clutch anyway, so all the shifter stuff will be nice and easy to replace.

I just don't know if that rod will do much for shift feel.
    04 A4 3.0 Quattro 6 Speed
    69 Nova with a bunch of stuffs

Veteran Member Four Rings customa4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 A4 1.8T CVT, 02 A4 1.8TQ 5spd, 92 Geo Prizm

Quote Originally Posted by Gosser View Post
    After some searching around, it looks like these are in fact supposed to be in the quick connect hose that supplies the heater core. Is this an "easy" line to replace? By easy, I mean doable without removing the transmission kind of easy. I imagine it just loops up into the batter tray area and into the heater core hard line right?
    The hose goes right up to the heater core pipes against the firewall. Itís a little awkward in that area to work but fairly easy to replace. I went with an aftermarket hose the first time I changed it and ended up replacing a couple months later. Thereís a price jump on OEM but itís worth it do not have to do it twice.
    K&N-Milltek HFC-Magnaflow Catback-APR snub mount-ER Sport FMIC-Forge TIP-Forge DV-Podi-034 Motor Mounts-034 Rear Sway/End Links-STaSIS Street Sport Coils-Bentley Manual

AZ Member #

As said above, it's an upgrade to our B6 brakes. I swapped to B7 brakes all around and the difference is noticeable and I would certainly recommend it! Clean them up and get them powdercoated if you can! That's what I did: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...1#post12501498
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender.

Page 298 of 298 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298