Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 289 of 289 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289
Results 11,521 to 11,537 of 11537
    Established Member Two Rings Jakal's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I think I already know the answer to this one, but hopefully someone proves me wrong. I went to the junkyard and got a license plate light assembly off of a 04 and I didn't think the assembly would be different than my 03. The 04 had these 2 aluminum boxes (heat shields) that covered the 2 boxes on the back of the assembly which is plastic vs the 03's metal casing. I didn't bring them with me. Are these shields absolutely necessary? 03 on left with its 2 little aluminum brackets, 04 on right.

Veteran Member Four Rings Spike00513's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

^I did not know this

but also
    I heard that when people retrofit OEM LED's, that sometimes one of the LED's won't work, so it's holder needs the polarity reversed.

Veteran Member Four Rings MacFady's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by customa4 View Post
    Does anyone know what size bolt to get for transmission mount? The one in the center of the mount.
    For your CVT or 5spd? Do you know the transmission code specifically? I see M10x35 used on a few of the different B6 drive train options.

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone know if an 8E0909518BC ECU can be flashed with a BIN from an 8E0909518AK ECU?
    From what I've read 8E0909518BC doesn't work with ME7Logger or something like that... but maybe it would if flashed with 8E0909518AK? If it won't brick?
    2001.5 A4 1.8TQM: FrankenTurbo, Motoza E85/91, 750cc, 3" MAF, 3bar MAP, 3" HFC, custom 2.5" exhaust, TR18T FMIC, DW200 pump, I.E. con rods, Eibach Pro-Street coilovers, 034 RSB, A8/TT front & S4 rear brakes, SS brake lines, JHM SS/linkage, ECS RA4 + B7 RS4 clutch, 4:1 center diff, 034 street mounts, E-fan, catch can, Apikol diff mount, Stern diff bushings, Nexus 7 HU, custom sound system, bixenon, sport cloths.

2004 A4 1.8TQM USP: APR Stage 3+, DSMIC, S4 mirrors, RNSE

Past: 1998.5 A4 1.8TM

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Is there a way to test the health of a turbo or drivetrain? I know about boost leak tests and/or checking for shaft play, but I was told by someone they suspected the seals we're going based on the amount of oil that came out of intercooler. And as far as drivetrain, on ST coilovers for a few years now but sometimes feel like I'm dragging the back end of the car. I want to go from stage 1 to 1+ but want to make sure the turbo and drivetrain are up to it first.

Senior Member Four Rings Ashtonts's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hey guys, I am looking at buying a set of panda recaros off a junked car locally on the cheap. These seats are unfortunately in a car that was involved in a fire, however they are in surprisingly good condition. The whole front end including the battery and parts of the dash are destroyed, so the power seats can not be slid forward or back to remove. Now, the guy I'm buying them from says he attempted to manually power them but he thinks the motors are seized up. I'm taking that with a grain of salt as I am unsure If their attempt to power it was done correctly or not.

Is it possible to manually adjust the seat or something to just get them out of the car? I can either swap my seat motors over from my current set or buy used ones for cheap once I get them home. The issue is that they're unable to be removed since the rails cover the bolts unless you slide them forward or backward.

Any way to solve this? I really want these seats and this is the best price I'm ever going to see them at so I'm definitely hopeful in being able to figure something out.
    2005.5 A4 2.0T Brilliant Red | 6MT | Quattro | S-Line
    Go: K04 | ST Coilovers | Carbonio | Maestro | S3 Injectors | IE Rods | JHM FMIC | Autotech HPFP | ECS Short Shifter | JHM Clutch | USP HFC | Quad-tip Exhaust | S4 Brakes
    Show: DTM Rear + Skirts | Recaro | Black Miro 111 19" | RS4 Grille | Votex Spoiler | OEM CF Trim | S4 Mirrors | Black Ext. Trim | CC + Joey Mod Bixenons | LED Tails | A8 Rings | RNSe | 20% Tint | 034 Adj. UCAs

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    69 Nova

Quote Originally Posted by customa4 View Post
    Should go away after you drive the car for a few miles. If not, pull the battery cable and then hold the brake pedal to discharge any leftover battery power. Let it sit disconnected for 5 minutes. Connect it and drive for a few miles to see if it goes away.
    Thanks! I drove around to a few tire shops and it didn't go off. But I just drove to Firestone a little farther away and it went off.

I was afraid I was gonna have to make a custom link with heim joints or something lol.
    04 A4 3.0 Quattro 6 Speed
    69 Nova with a bunch of stuffs

Senior Member Two Rings pablolizarraga's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1966 Ford Mustang Coupe, 1965 Ford Mustang Fastback

Quote Originally Posted by Spike00513 View Post
    any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by pablolizarraga View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I see them getting dirty afterwhile. I prefer the chrome pulls
    05' S4 6MT Moro Blue

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Will this fit my B6?

Senior Member Three Rings nsprosty's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Spike00513 View Post
    Will this fit my B6?

My favorite part is that it knows when the top is down so it knows when to keep the fluid on the windshield and not in your car. WTF!!? Why not just keep it only on the windshield at all times??? This greatly refuses the cost of manufacture.

Sent from my Avant using telepathy.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by nsprosty View Post
    My favorite part is that it knows when the top is down so it knows when to keep the fluid on the windshield and not in your car. WTF!!? Why not just keep it only on the windshield at all times??? This greatly refuses the cost of manufacture.
    This might keep it from spraying nearby freshly-washed cars in traffic, which could prevent road rage

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

New to the forum, and if I need to post some where else let me know. I have an 2009 A4. I have replaced the motor and transmission mounts with aftermarket 034 mounts. The car still vibrates when I am idling at stop sign, but stops vibrating when I put it in neutral. What am I missing? Thanks,

Senior Member Three Rings nsprosty's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by t5campbell View Post
    New to the forum, and if I need to post some where else let me know. I have an 2009 A4. I have replaced the motor and transmission mounts with aftermarket 034 mounts. The car still vibrates when I am idling at stop sign, but stops vibrating when I put it in neutral. What am I missing? Thanks,
    Try starting in the b8 section of the forums.

Sent from my Avant using telepathy.

Established Member Two Rings Jakal's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Are oem rotors painted on the vents and hub? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...8e0615301qkt3/

Established Member Three Rings 5ktq's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I think they have geomet coating (kinda galvanized) on the hat and edge.

AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Jakal View Post
    Are oem rotors painted on the vents and hub? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...8e0615301qkt3/
    Looks like there is some spray there.

Quote Originally Posted by 5ktq View Post
    I think they have geomet coating (kinda galvanized) on the hat and edge.
    zinc coating

I've seen some cases of people getting cheaper uncoated rotors and spraying it with something themselves.
    But I bet by the time a rotor starts rusting and having flakes fall off, that the whole brake kit is probably worn out by then anyway, and in need of replacement.

Someone even used Wurth SBS II Brake Treatment spray to touch up the hub.

I wonder if it's worth having a can of this stuff around for other uses, like on the rotor itself, to fill in any possible cracks from over time.
    Unless this old video is just a sales tactic?

But you're sitting there breathing a cloud of paint, fumes, etc. -
    it probably doesn't cost much more to just get something that already arrives coated if you want.
    Have seen stuff like zinc spray at hardware stores, never tried it.