Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 264 of 264 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264
Results 10,521 to 10,548 of 10548
    Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello everyone I'm in the slow process of replacing old/worn parts on my Audi any chance someone can help me on pinpointing if this is an AC hose? It leaks small droplets every now and then the source is what appears to be patch/band, any help via direct message or here would be great.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Four Rings Luxus Panzer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 A4 Avant, B4 90 Sprot Q, B4 90 FWD, 2014 VW Tiguan

I once had my dimming rear view mirror and compas "turn off". The fix was changing a 1 to a 0 somewhere with Vag Com, but I do not remember where.

Friend of mine now has the same problem.

Was it the light detection sensor???

Any help?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

questions you thought were too dumb to ask

How exactly are the headlights supposed to sit? Mine have a considerable gap on each outer end by the amber reflector in order for the inner bottom corners not to stick out. But is that the way they're supposed to be?

Last edited by Jakal; 01-17-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AgentAqua View Post
    Hello everyone I'm in the slow process of replacing old/worn parts on my Audi any chance someone can help me on pinpointing if this is an AC hose? It leaks small droplets every now and then the source is what appears to be patch/band, any help via direct message or here would be great.

Yes that would be an AC hose. I believe it is the inlet hose to the condenser.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2003 A4 1.8T 5-spd w/ Motoza 93/E85.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by AgentAqua View Post

There's a hose with a huge crack right next to it...

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jakal View Post
    How exactly are the headlights supposed to sit? Mine have a considerable gap on each outer end by the amber reflector in order for the inner bottom corners not to stick out. But is that the way they're supposed to be?

It looks like the bottom side tabs which interlock into the base plates of the headlights are not slid in. Unscrewed your headlights pull them forward and push down and pull up with the other hand on the bottom mounting plate and you should actually feel it fit more snugly.
    APR exhaust, HFC, 225 injectors, APR II program, KO4, South Bend II endurance clutch and SMFW, Forge Tip+piping, Apikol SMIC, Stern motor+trans mounts, Stern Snub, 034 street density arms, Hotchkis sway bars, Lemforter links, Bilstein B8, B7 S4 calipers, powerstop braided lines, Centric drilled rotors, PowerStop Carbon Fiber pads, Timken bearings, Gates racing timing belt, DENSO IQ01-27 plugs, R8 coils, Motul Xcess 5w40, MANN 950/4 filter, gear300, CHF202, Motul RBF 660.

Registered Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Spike00513 View Post
    I need to find that seal, mine's leaking.
    It's just an O-ring. If it's a bottle jack, remove the release valve from the port and the O-ring is inside. Unless a specific type of bottle jack, always keep it upright. If an automotive jack, follow the release mechanism to the valve body and remove the A-arm (careful of the spring!), pull the plunger out and replace the O-ring that sits inside on the walls of the bore in the valve body. You do have dental picks, right? Then you need to bleed the cylinder by removing the rubber stopper on the side- check your manual if there's more than two. Failing that, use the port closest to the valve body. Then it's just a lot of slow steady pumping and adding a bit of oil.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jpulll View Post
    Yes that would be an AC hose. I believe it is the inlet hose to the condenser.

Thank you.

Veteran Member Four Rings WillŽnskraft's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQ

How do I check the car battery life with VAG and what numbers are considered as healthy?
    "Beep beeeep bloop boop" - R2D2

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by rocket1420 View Post
    There's a hose with a huge crack right next to it...
    I know that one needs replacing as well

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by jacobsen View Post
    It looks like the bottom side tabs which interlock into the base plates of the headlights are not slid in. Unscrewed your headlights pull them forward and push down and pull up with the other hand on the bottom mounting plate and you should actually feel it fit more snugly.
    Thanks! I will have to try that.

Senior Member Four Rings Spike00513's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by WillŽnskraft View Post
    How do I check the car battery life with VAG and what numbers are considered as healthy?
    You don't have a DVM?

I think mine was ~12.7V when it was brand new. OEM from dealership.
    But once, I had a light stay on overnight, which according to an online chart, dropped the charge to 75%.
    Maybe I will try dropping it off for charging at an auto parts store for a little, since I don't have one, such as a CTEK.
    Not sure if they can overcharge it (if that's a thing), or if their equipment allows for operator error. Because last time I did this, there was white crust, I guess dried up battery acid.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

One of the wires in my fog light connector pulled out. I might as well switch to a H9 connector. Any idea which popular cars use H9?

Veteran Member Four Rings WillŽnskraft's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2002 Audi A4 1.8TQ

Quote Originally Posted by Spike00513 View Post
    You don't have a DVM?

I think mine was ~12.7V when it was brand new. OEM from dealership.
    But once, I had a light stay on overnight, which according to an online chart, dropped the charge to 75%.
    Maybe I will try dropping it off for charging at an auto parts store for a little, since I don't have one, such as a CTEK.
    Not sure if they can overcharge it (if that's a thing), or if their equipment allows for operator error. Because last time I did this, there was white crust, I guess dried up battery acid.
    I might take it to the local auto parts store.
    "Beep beeeep bloop boop" - R2D2

Senior Member Two Rings Blockis's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I replaced my headlights with these guys:
    https://www.urotuning.com/Black-Ecode-Projector-Headlights-B6-Audi-A4-S4-p/haua4b6hl-eb-90.htm

And put in new H7s for the high and lows. New PY21Ws too. Installed, and all three lights appear to work beautifully. However, when I turn the switch on my headlight switch, I get either a Left Parking Light or a Right Parking Light "error". Did I forget to do something? And which lights are those? I thought those were the PY21WS?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 A4 B6/06 Mz3/09 W204/12 R6

which one is best to flush air out of the coolant system from the heater core hose?

1, cold engine, no start and pull the heater core hose back a little where it shows the hole.

2, start engine , turn heat high & fan low and pull heater core hose back a little.

My heat is so so alright but could be better, i bleed the coolant system from the coolant tank and the hard pipe before.

Established Member Two Rings Northern_B6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Passenger rear window will not roll down. Also will not stay in the fully "up" position. Once I hit a bump in the road it will drop ~3" and stay there. It can be moved back up manually by hand.

Is this an issue with the regulator? Or is it possible the window is off the track?

TIA

Senior Member Four Rings blitz2190's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2004 A4 1.8T Quattro, 2.7T swap Stage 3 APR 6 speed
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_B6 View Post
    Passenger rear window will not roll down. Also will not stay in the fully "up" position. Once I hit a bump in the road it will drop ~3" and stay there. It can be moved back up manually by hand.

Is this an issue with the regulator? Or is it possible the window is off the track?

TIA
    almost always the regulator clip, they suck and only a flimsy little piece of plastic holds the wire in place, once you have the door apart and a new regulator I would advise filling the small section that holds the nut section of the cable with epoxy once its ready to be installed put it in , then slide a piece of cardboard or plastic in there to keep the epoxy off the track and use a zip tie through one of the holes in the regulator clip around the cable to hold it in, I did this with mine and an ebay clip and its held for 75k so far.
    Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    B6 2.7T Swap in Progress
    2.7T Swap Wiring Guide

Established Member Two Rings Northern_B6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by blitz2190 View Post
    almost always the regulator clip, they suck and only a flimsy little piece of plastic holds the wire in place, once you have the door apart and a new regulator I would advise filling the small section that holds the nut section of the cable with epoxy once its ready to be installed put it in , then slide a piece of cardboard or plastic in there to keep the epoxy off the track and use a zip tie through one of the holes in the regulator clip around the cable to hold it in, I did this with mine and an ebay clip and its held for 75k so far.
    Good to know, appreciate the reply as always Blitz.

How's this for an alternative to fixing the potential issue? By far the least expensive option.. but I'm yet to take apart the door and see exactly what's wrong..

https://www.amazon.ca/Bossmobil-door...rds=8E0839462C

Personally I'd rather have an entire replacement so that it's "plug and play" style repair, but if it's fixable using parts I've got the time & knowledge to get that done as well :)

Registered Member One Ring Nigel_S's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Coolant Reservoir leak= no heat? I have just purchased a 04 A4 and it came with a replacement Coolant Reservoir due to the one installed having a leak. Could this perhaps be causing the vents to blow cold air and ALSO could this coolant leak cause a CEL to come on.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm about to tackle my crankshaft speed sensor and noticed this:

https://goo.gl/photos/JBn2UgckrY7Tu5jKA

Missing sensor? What should go there?

Senior Member Four Rings SJorge3442's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel_S View Post
    Coolant Reservoir leak= no heat? I have just purchased a 04 A4 and it came with a replacement Coolant Reservoir due to the one installed having a leak. Could this perhaps be causing the vents to blow cold air and ALSO could this coolant leak cause a CEL to come on.

Could be. You could also have air in your system. More than likely, you have air in your system because of that leak.
    2003 Three . Oh , 6 Speed, Quattro. 143k. I barely drive anymore so much less for me.

Veteran Member Four Rings customa4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    02 A4 1.8T CVT, 02 A4 1.8TQ 5spd, 92 Geo Prizm

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCB View Post
    I'm about to tackle my crankshaft speed sensor and noticed this:

https://goo.gl/photos/JBn2UgckrY7Tu5jKA

Missing sensor? What should go there?
    That is normal.
    K&N-Milltek HFC-Magnaflow Catback-APR snub mount-ER Sport FMIC-Forge TIP-Forge DV-Podi-034 Motor Mounts-034 Rear Sway/End Links-STaSIS Street Sport Coils-Bentley Manual

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SJorge3442 View Post
    Could be. You could also have air in your system. More than likely, you have air in your system because of that leak.
    I read somewhere that to get air out I just have to pinch a certain tube from base to end. The car is at the mechanic now and hopefully he does this for me but incase he doesnt which tube would that be? (im 100% new to audi)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by customa4 View Post
    That is normal.

Good. Thanks!

Senior Member Four Rings SJorge3442's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel_S View Post
    I read somewhere that to get air out I just have to pinch a certain tube from base to end. The car is at the mechanic now and hopefully he does this for me but incase he doesnt which tube would that be? (im 100% new to audi)

Thats a new way to get air out I've never heard of for our Audis. Its a simple prodecure, but it involves bleeding the coolant while the engine is cold and by first bleeding from the coolant hard pipe, followed by the heater core hose. plenty of DIY articles out there. Your mechanic should bleed it since he essentially is opening up the cooling system and introducing air. I would confirm with him though to be sure.
    2003 Three . Oh , 6 Speed, Quattro. 143k. I barely drive anymore so much less for me.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SJorge3442 View Post
    Thats a new way to get air out I've never heard of for our Audis. Its a simple prodecure, but it involves bleeding the coolant while the engine is cold and by first bleeding from the coolant hard pipe, followed by the heater core hose. plenty of DIY articles out there. Your mechanic should bleed it since he essentially is opening up the cooling system and introducing air. I would confirm with him though to be sure.
    Thank you for explaining fully how it goes Ill for sure ask him if he did that. I did mention to him the heat isn't working so knowing him he will make sure it works when I pick it up.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    69 Nova

Anyone know how to put a symphony II+ into transport mode using vcds?

I know on the top of the unit it says to push and hold two buttons but there's no beep or anything to confirm that it did anything, so I'm not sure if it worked or not.
    04 A4 3.0 Quattro 6 Speed
    69 Nova with a bunch of stuffs